Virtual Humans: A stopgap measure while waiting for sexbots

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
amazonophile

Virtual Humans: A stopgap measure while waiting for sexbots

Post by amazonophile » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:59 pm

I have been concerned for some time that those of us who have ASFR but who also have the misfortune of being born before 1970 might not live long enough to have an actual sexbot. However, Ray Kurzweil have written that by 2010to 2020 there will be full immersion virtual reality and in these VR scenarios virtual humans who will be the next best thing to sexbots. Has anyone else read about this?
"New World Order" is an oxymoron.

Stephaniebot
Technosexuality: Transformation
Identification: Android

Post by Stephaniebot » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:49 am

2010 currently sounds wildly optimistic to me, its only 2 years away after all, and I would have thought something needed to be in trial stages pretty soon if that was the case.
2020 might well be possible, but it will be that end of the decade, rather than the start of it imo.
I'm just a 'girl' who wants to become a fembot whats wrong with that?

amazonophile

Post by amazonophile » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:45 pm

Stephaniebot wrote:2010 currently sounds wildly optimistic to me, its only 2 years away after all, and I would have thought something needed to be in trial stages pretty soon if that was the case.
2020 might well be possible, but it will be that end of the decade, rather than the start of it imo.
This morning I was watching on CNBC(they are covering the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas),that at the CES they are revealing beds with computer chips in them(allegedly so you can fine tune how firm you want your mattress etc.) ,however this will open the door(perhaps in a few years?) to the Internet being sent directly into your bed. Who knows?
"New World Order" is an oxymoron.