Feel Free To Hate Me

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
Frostillicus
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

Feel Free To Hate Me

Post by Frostillicus » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:58 pm

Heh. ROLLING EYES aside, it looks like I’m being called out. OK, I’ll bite. I’m going to post this response in a new thread because I don’t want to go off topic and taint a decent PRODUCTIVE discussion in the other one. Also because this thread may possibly be locked, I won’t risk posting it there. Besides, those guys lost money.

To answer your questions, perhaps the most paramount difference in one’s gripes is that it’s not the majority of my posts. One might also offer suggestions in addition to the constant criticisms. Try actually contributing something instead being the self-proclaimed Content Police on every other post. I have seen these negative comments actually discourage other members from sharing, hence the “dimwitted mockery” in an attempt to bring some levity to an otherwise bad “Debbie Downer” moment. Notice that I didn’t post the last few times because you actually had something good to say.

With that in mind, I agree that I too don’t want to waste my time watching a clip that is non-fembot related or devoid of decent content. But content is subjective. True, a short descriptive of a link would be nice, but I can usually gage if I’m going to sit through the whole thing, scan through it, or turn it off within the first few moments. If you survive the clip, why not give an actual description of the piece as opposed to an insulting passive comment so that other members can decide for themselves if they want to view it? As long as you are going to post anyway, do something positive.

I have literally spent hundreds of hours creating things to share with the community that I have posted FOR FREE with little appreciation. The difference is that I will likely continue to create them, but sharing them is another issue. So yes, maybe some members can OCCASIONALLY gripe about something because we actually encourage, make contributions, and search for things that others might not want to discourage us from sharing.
:P
Thaw me out when robot wives are cheap and effective.

keraptis
Technosexuality: Transformation

Post by keraptis » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:01 am

Obviously, I missed something.

But if your main request / complaint has to do with the large number of posts to the YouTube threads (and others) that include a simple link with no accompanying description, I'm with you. IMHO, it's just lazy not to include at least one line about what it is you're posting.

Lots of other forums encourage descriptions very strongly, and even strongly suggest posting a still vidcap with any video link, so people get an idea of what it's about. When the original poster can't or won't provide a still image, another poster will often follow up with one as a service to their fellow posters.

Especially given the wide range of tastes on this board, it would be a nice improvement if we all adopted this practice.

droidlvr
Banned

Post by droidlvr » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:05 am

Couldn't've summed it up better myself Keraptis.

Frostillicus
Technosexuality: Built

Post by Frostillicus » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:52 am

keraptis wrote:Obviously, I missed something.
I'm sorry to say that you did miss the point of my post. This was a direct reply to the post at the top of this link:
http://www.fembotcentral.com/viewtopic. ... 0&start=10

Since I am that "certain member" it is only appropriate that I respond. The "dimwitted mockery" that was referenced was my adding what's usually called a "Poo Poo" sound to droidlvr's constant negative posts. That is what this subject was about. I don't need to re-iterate further.
Thaw me out when robot wives are cheap and effective.

keraptis
Technosexuality: Transformation

Post by keraptis » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:58 pm

OK, not touching this one!