I wish people would come here before making clips of fembots

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
jakeCTom
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

I wish people would come here before making clips of fembots

Post by jakeCTom » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:47 am

I'm not buying anymore robot related clips until I know the person making them has come by here. I just purchased a cip for about 13 dollars and it was horrible. Seriously, I wouldn't think that making fembot clips would be that hard to do. I mean just use more imagnation people. Sorry about the rant but I've been burned too many times. Seriously, saying the words "yes master" and just walking slow or moving slow doesn't constitute much in my book.

wjbaines

Post by wjbaines » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:15 am

I totally dig! Did you see my "Wanna pay to see a malfunctioning fembot" post in the Reports sections (346 hits, no replies)? I think the thing is that if you want to commission a little film of your own, it takes time writing it up for the video producers, and I'm pretty sure it'll cost more than just the 13 bucks or whatever that it'll cost others to just download it. Then again, you get exactly what you want. Well, theoretically. I've never tried, but I'm thinking about it. Maybe we could collaborate, as a communty, on a storyline/script/whatever. Have somebody take it to one of the production outfits, reference this site, and guarantee them X number of sales...? Otherwise they might figure the market's so small it's not worth their time. I dunno. Anybody like this idea?

P.S. What video was it that you didn't like? You know, so I can avoid making the same mistake...

jakeCTom

Post by jakeCTom » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:49 am

wjbaines wrote:I totally dig! Did you see my "Wanna pay to see a malfunctioning fembot" post in the Reports sections (346 hits, no replies)? I think the thing is that if you want to commission a little film of your own, it takes time writing it up for the video producers, and I'm pretty sure it'll cost more than just the 13 bucks or whatever that it'll cost others to just download it. Then again, you get exactly what you want. Well, theoretically. I've never tried, but I'm thinking about it. Maybe we could collaborate, as a communty, on a storyline/script/whatever. Have somebody take it to one of the production outfits, reference this site, and guarantee them X number of sales...? Otherwise they might figure the market's so small it's not worth their time. I dunno. Anybody like this idea?

P.S. What video was it that you didn't like? You know, so I can avoid making the same mistake...
I actually do remember your post, I was just so damn mad. Well, I've even brought up the idea of making a clip or film before also. I think it would be cool. However, the big problem would be a script that would work for everybody. We could possibly maybe take a vote on some of the stories we have here and base the script on that. I just throwing out some ideas. But, if we don't do this then I need to write to some of this clip makers and tell them whats up. Now, I respect the Lex guy for coming here and asking what we want, he will definitely see my business but the other guys, AARRGhh. O, and the clip I bought was from Hypno Lust, it was the clip with Briana. All I have to say is Boo.

wjbaines

Post by wjbaines » Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:01 pm

Yeah, that one SUCKS. Made the same mistake. This guy, right here. I keep getting played by these rip-off artists selling "robot" movies that are just completely BS.

At least the girl is hot tho.

Say, do you think these people are actually "hyponotized"? I don't even really know what that means. I mean, if that was really possible, you know the military would be all over it and we'd have heard about it by now. Or at least about the Russians' old programs. It can't be real. But if these girls are just "actresses" (I mean, who the hell would volunteer to basically be molested while hypnotized, anyways?), how come their acting sucks so hard? I wonder how much they make. A flat rate, or something based on sales, like commission? I feel terrible saying this, but whatever it is, it's probably too much, at least in light of how AWFUL most of these "productions" turn out.

I agree: collaborative works around here are tricky since the interests are so varied (and often mutually exclusive). Maybe we could categorize the big ones and get a working group set up for each category? And the bottom line is: if the project turns into something a given member doesn't like, then at least that given member will know not to buy it - because he'll have seen the content written down in this space in meticulous detail.

What's anybody think?

wjbaines

eMail I sent to the "HypnoPimp" guy

Post by wjbaines » Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:10 pm

Here's the email I sent to the guy who runs "HypnoPimp". Never did get a reply. Thought it was worth a try.

---

There is an online community that you should be aware of, in case you aren’t already, since your videos have generated a considerable amount of attention there. A recent thread has discussed 'likes and dislikes' in robot-hypnosis videos, which is this group's preferred sub-genre. For sure, incorporation of any or all of these suggestions into your videos would result in increased sales among this viewer category.

The website of this group is: www.fembotcentral.com

One member, "Androido" (not me) made the following suggestions:

"My little pet peeves from what I've seen.

Monotone voice WOULD be nice, but it usually sounds terrible. Just a voice without much emotion, cold, would probably be a better instruction. If it were possible to edit the sound post-production to make the voice more robotic rather than depending on the person to do it(badly), that would be ideal, but hey, that's just dreaming.

Getting them to stutter or repeat words sometimes (without the typical stressd-out voice of a stuttering person) would be very robotic. Or just repeat all short words 3 times, " a..a..a.." or "the...the...the..." whenever they come up in the sentence would be an easy little instruction, maybe. This changes " I can't move my arm" to "I..I..I.. can't move my..my..my.. arm." Very robotic, even if the voice is kept full of emotion as normal.

In another scenario, an emotional "human" reaction to a draining battery could be cool.

Robotic movement basically depends on the person, and it seems that most people suck. Oh well. For people without the skills of a mime, the occaisional robo-twitch would be a better effect than trying to do the arms-bent robo walk. I'd love to see someone with even half the skill of Shields and Yarnell, though.

A 2 person game could be just like the touch-freeze game, except the challenge is to push the "power switch" (back of the neck, base of the back, whatever) to turn someone "off". But they can try to dodge or block the attempts. Could get rough if the players are too competitive.

A funny ending to the session might be convincing the person that the only reason they've been hypnotizable all along is because they actually ARE robots, but never knew it. But if they find out they're actually robots, they will become confused and freeze up.

And last of all, I'd rather see a good-looking or even nicely plain woman fully clothed,or half-clothed instead of a not-so-hot one willing to get naked. To be blunt, the #1 part of the robot fantasy includes the concept that nobody would build an ugly, chunky gynoid.

I think a lot of us would also like the blank stare with a smile, like a flight attendant or Stepford Wife type thing. Which leads to just getting the hypnotized girls to act like Stepford Wives, as long as they've heard of the film, and know there's some stuttering and twitching involved, it could be agreat alternative to the standard robo-voice arms at 90 degrees stereotype.

Another game could be that the girl is a very realistic android, but she becomes convinced that she can hear her own motors whirring whenever she moves if it's really quiet. At first she will stop and just try moving one joint at a time (in effect doing robotic motion) just to try to hear the "whirring". She might even try to get other people to notice the "sound" by standing still and only moving one joint at a time "Hey, listen to my elbow!" In the end, another hypno-trigger for the "off switch" could be used by someone else to freeze her and 'wipe her memory'
".

I think this group as a whole would largely concur with these suggestions. To these I would add that:

The most important thing for many of the people on this website is malfunctions. The more malfunctions the better. One way this could easily be incorporated into the emerging standard format of your robot -hypno videos would be to tell the girl that she is, in fact, just a prototype and the session is designed to identify as many of the bugs in her system as possible. The presence of the camera becomes self-explanatory.

Some suggestions for these malfunctions:

- Some kind of calibration problem as far as depth-perception goes, causing her to bump (especially repeatedly) into walls/furniture/you, etc. Maybe difficulty picking up objects in the same vein: missing an object and then wondering it's not in her hand, etc. This needn't be some dumb, overly mechanical-looking thing. The girl may appear genuinely confused and her movement quite fluid;

- longish pauses between questions or commands and her response (while she's 'computing');

- subtle jerky motions, especially of the head;

- Logic traps (usually a favorite). For examples, see http://www.fembotcentral.com/viewtopic. ... logic+trap; those are pretty cheesy, but you get the idea;

- Another real plus would be if the girl realized that she was malfunctioning. She might say or stutter things like "I think I'm - I think - I think - I think I'm mal - I think I'm malfunctioning!" And perhaps a kind of plaintive: "What's wrong with me"? or "Fix me!"

Here is another idea: Perhaps the girl at first in fact tries to deny that she is a robot, rather than mildly accept the notion as fact immediately. For example, as a 'technician' whose just doing a job, you might start by blandly saying on the camera her serial number, model type, and so on (like doctors record information during autopsies). She might interrupt you in protest. Keeps denying until you confront her with questions about her past (which she can’t answer because she doesn’t have one — or has only a thin veneer of one). The dawning realization causes her to malfunction in some of the various ways mentioned briefly above.

This is all just for your information. If you think it’s a waste of time, that’s, of course, ok. It’s possible I’ve misunderstood what you are doing. However, if you’re curious about using any of these ideas and want to find out more first, email me back or visit www.fembotcentral.com.

Respectfully yours,

w.baines@hotmail.com

jakeCTom

Post by jakeCTom » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:01 pm

So, do we need to write to some other people that might see the $ signs? I mean pitch our fetish to people and beg them not to make crap. I mean no matter what they would make a profit. Like there are a whole slew of people making clips so, somebody has to bite, right? Just kicking around some thoughts.

wjbaines

Post by wjbaines » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:15 pm

Not a bad idea at all...

Unfortunately, it looks like it's just you and me.

Frostillicus

Post by Frostillicus » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:10 am

It's not only you guys, that's why I usually end up making my own, albeit very short, clips. This is a legitimate issue. It's amazing that so many people dance around the idea of a fembot and especially as a genuine sex object, but try not to "GO THERE." It's as if there is this innate taboo about offending flesh and blood women, so it comes off as some sort of game or joke instead. I suppose the makers of these think they are going to get laid (and a lot of them do)! The point is that unlike these bad actresses that are willing to put out for frat-boys, a fembot is what she is and that's why we love them. That said, the fembot in any of these minor productions doesn't even necessarily have to have the mass appeal for every splinter fetish in this community as long as she ACTS LIKE A ROBOT and does it well. Not some drugged out rave reject or someone who overdoes it with the stupid arm motions or "robospeak", but at least follow some of the suggestions presented by Andoroido. That would count for volumes. That Deployment Strategy clip sure did.
Thaw me out when robot wives are cheap and effective.

visceralpsyche

Post by visceralpsyche » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:31 am

Hi guys!

This is a very interesting thread for me in several respects.

First off, I'm a movie director making movies about robots in society. Next year I plan to shoot at least the third and final part of my short robot trilogy, as well as draft a feature length screenplay incorporating those shorts plus a lot more.

Second, I'm in Japan, probably THE place to be as far as robot fetishes goes. I'm sure most of you have seen some of the clips online, not to mention the amount of robotic girl anime shows.

Third, this idea of purchasing clips has me interested not for the dollar signs (or Yen in my case), but rather as a kind of study into what really interests the lovers of this genre.

I could conceivably make a bunch of these clips, with high production values and acting, shot on my Red cameras for true cinema quality footage, and sell them for enough to cover costs, pay the actors and make a bit of profit to make it all worthwhile.

Here's an idea for starters, as far as making it economically viable goes:

This forum could get together to decide on a clip storyline, then begin a funding pool to get it made. I would look at the request and figure out the costs, then post a target price to be reached to make it happen. When that price was met in donations or "investments" of a sort, production would commence. Those who put in the money, essentially self funding the clip, would be the beneficiaries of it, aside from things like maybe having your usernames in the credits of the clips you sponsored etc.

For me, what I gain is good knowledge of what makes everyone here "tick", which can then feed back into my narrative scripts to make them that much more interesting. It would also be good practice for the CG side etc with the people I hire to do that stuff, again in preparation for longer stuff down the track.

So, over to you guys. Thoughts? Is this viable?

Cheers,

Paul

droidlvr
Banned

Post by droidlvr » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:33 am

Although I agree with much of what's been said here,it never ceases to amaze me how the gripes of certain members here are not only accepted but also added to,thus starting a lengthy thread while other gripes about ASFR material are met with dimwitted mockery. Kishin,your post in this thread,it is as if you've read my thoughts exactly. If posted by me I'm sure a certain individual (he knows what I'm talking about) just can't help but to try and mock my critique. Anyway,at least the lousy halfassed ASFR offerings of late has been addressed. :roll: Thanks to the likes of jakeCTom,wjbaines,Kishin and visceralpsyche.

jakeCTom

Post by jakeCTom » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:45 pm

Right on! Paul that sounds like a cool idea I guess we just need to see who is all in for it on our end. But, I haven't seen much of your work just the trailer but it looks awesome. Same goes for Mark. Your work and input in here is defenitely appreciated. And I personally wouldn't have a problem with the hypno-guys if they would come in here and asks us what we want. There has only been one that I know of. Anyway thanks, I didn't think the thread was going to big this long. :D I was just venting.

A.N.N.
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation

Post by A.N.N. » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:04 pm

I'd certainly be interested. What kind of cost (total, per unit) are you projecting?
A.N.N.

visceralpsyche

Post by visceralpsyche » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:33 am

Hi guys, thanks for all the responses and kind words!

For those of you who want to see a bit of my work, I have just uploaded the full "Birth" movie as a half resolution XviD file to my website. More info in this thread:

http://www.fembotcentral.com/viewtopic.php?t=6268

I hope you like it enough to want to buy the full DVD, which has over an hour of extra materials as well as a high definition version playable on your computer, among other things.

A special thankyou to those of you who have bought one or both of my movies so far - you rock!!

I'm planning something special for the third movie and if you have bought both "Eve" and "Birth" from me when that one is released next year (hopefully!), you will get a little something extra for your support which will definitely be worth it! ;)

Moving on to the actual topic of this thread(!), the costings etc are going to depend entirely on what you guys want to get out of this.

If you want a simple narrative short, with not too many SFX, no nudity etc, it's obviously going to cost less than a full blown SFX extravaganza with nude actors and the like. I believe in looking after my actors so if you guys want sexual situations and the like I plan to compensate the actors accordingly.

There's no real answer to the cost scenario until you have agreed on a script, story and situations.

Also, I may work on a low budget but I don't want any of my work to LOOK low budget. Bear in mind that I'll be shooting all my work from now on using my Red One 4K digital cinema cameras. These are not toys - they are arguably THE highest quality cinema cameras on the planet right now and have already been used by Peter Jackson, Steven Soderbergh et al to make 'A' list movies. These cameras will be used to make money for me, so if I'm to do these requests I have to make sure I'm not hurting my bottom line, because that bottom line is what will keep you in robot movies in the future! ;)

The reality is you can go anywhere from $1,000 to $1,000,000 if you can organise it! I remember people raising enough money to fund nearly entire seasons of some cancelled TV show, so it's not outside the realms of possibility. Now of course this community isn't going to have the reach of say the Star Trek fan base, but with the right people and stories in place you can punch way above your weight if you think smart. I actually see this as one of the future directions cinema is going to go, thanks to the global reach of the internet to bring like minded individuals together in large enough numbers to make these ideas viable.

As far as what you'd actually get in your hand at the completion of such a project, I'd see the sponsors getting DVDs of their story with their names in the credits (or usernames if you felt better doing that), to do with what they wished from there on in. If you as a group decided you wanted to share it publicly once you all had copies, then that'd be fine since you'd be the owners anyway. It might encourage more people to get interested in the genre, or even to simply admit they are interested already.

So, there's some starter material for you to brood over. Keep the constructive comments going, this is a great thread!

Cheers,

Paul

droidlvr
Banned

Post by droidlvr » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:52 am

Wow,just viewed the short for the first time. I likes. :)

A.N.N.

Post by A.N.N. » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:14 pm

Thanks for the info! I just bought both of your films, so I'm hoping to watch them as soon as they arrive.

This forum has several authors of varying skills and styles, I'm sure at least a dozen could develop a reasonable script. By reasonable, I mean something that would be economically feasible and entertaining, probably short.

:idea:
Maybe we could host a contest of some sort? Something where we have an open script submission, then determine a winner by holding polls on who would be willing to help fund the transition to a movie short. Obviously we'd have to keep certain things in consideration, such as production costs visceralpsyche mentioned.

What does everyone else think?
A.N.N.

Mirage
Technosexuality: None of your business

Post by Mirage » Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:16 pm

This could be fun trying a script.

But I wonder how many would like it... knowing my style...Romantic and sweet or simply horrificly brutal and bloody.. (L)

I must ask, how many liked the story on my last comic? (not the one with the axing ending, the other one.. the one I am actualy proud of.(L)...

Mirage

BA2

Maybe I'll have a crack...

Post by BA2 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:21 am

I'm struggling through with a little story at the moment... I might see if writing it as a script works.... I don't know if my story style would film well or not; they tend to be "everyday" stories rather than especially action / excitement related. Might be suitable for a 5 min short though...

I've ordered the CD, looking forward to seeing it after what little I could extract from You Tube over dialup.

Cheers,
BA

Edited to add: PS - Mirage, I thought your comic was great. I'm not normally a big comic fan but downloaded the full set from DA. I hope you keep it up.

BA

A.N.N.

Post by A.N.N. » Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:34 pm

I like all your stories Mirage! But you're probably right, the comic story (i.e. your romatic story style) would probably translate better into a film.
A.N.N.

Sega-boy

Post by Sega-boy » Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:11 am

jakeCTom wrote: AARRGhh. O, and the clip I bought was from Hypno Lust, it was the clip with Briana. All I have to say is Boo.
Wow. I almost bought that one too, as well as a couple of others, even though I had a feeling that particular one would prove disappointing.

There are so many hypno/robot clips out now that it's far too easy to make the wrong purchases.

I think the actresses/models could gain a little bit of insight by watching previously made clips in the robot category instead of just blindly jumping in. After all, if it's just going to be a bland strip show then it's really not even worth doing.

I admit, I usually get suckered in by how attractive the girls are, especially if there's nudity, but as expensive as some of them are, I have to be absolutely sure I want to buy it.

So please everyone pass along your reviews. Nothing is as helpful to me as what the people here think.

I'm afraid I haven't bought anything for quite a while.

Although I simply had to try Becky Speed. Which I liked, especially for the nice price.

My favorite parts are at the very beginning (the movements and the walking around) and at the very end when she signs off and waves goodbye before powering down. I also really like her standing at attention too. I think everyone can agree on that.

Could more have been done in the middle of it? Probably.

Do I hope she malfunctions in a sequel? Definitely.
#
Hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn for SEGA.