Gynoid Personalty Progroming

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
The Liar

Gynoid Personalty Progroming

Post by The Liar » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:42 am

What kind of personalty would you program a robot with?
Would integrate control programs into it, or would they be separate?
Would you give it any control programs at all?
Would it know it was a robot, or would you install false memories and make it think it was human?

Discussion anyone?
All criticism of my work is both welcome, and encouraged.
My work is uploaded under the Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike 4.0 license, so as long as attribution is given, feel free to disseminate.

xodar

Post by xodar » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:39 am

I don't know that it would be a good idea for a robot to "believe" itself human. Depending on how smart and how self-aware it is, the question could resolve itself either by emerging self-awareness or sheer reasoning ability.

I'm guessing that domestic animals are aware people are alive and share an environment with them. Dogs (see Wikipedia discussion for a link) are shown experimentally to be aware of dogs' and humans' mental states. I doubt any of them believe themselves human or are even capable of such ideas. This doesn't prevent interlocking lives with the animals usually either knowingly subordinate or following rules simply because it's the path of least resistence. Something like that seems in order with robots.

I'd consider it less important than that the robot have a personality that fits one's individual wishes and needs.

Somwehere I read there's a Middle Eastern proverb that "the camel driver has his concerns and the camel has his own." Seems workable and realistic to me in this context, though that was really a comment on government.
"You can believe me, because I never lie and I'm always right." -- George Leroy Tirebiter.
If a tree falls in the forest and there's nobody there to hear it I don't give a rat's ass.
http://www.bbotw.com/product.aspx?ISBN=0-7414-4384-8
http://www.bbotw.com/description.asp?ISBN=0-7414-2058-9

GZ02
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

Post by GZ02 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:22 pm

I agree with xodar. Programming a fembot with a personality seems, to me at least, counter-productive in having a personal fembot in the first place. I’d rely on ordinary human interaction for that. I’d have a fembot for more practical reasons, in the same way I’d have a computer or a car.

As far as programming a fembot with full human behavioral constructs would be concerned, I’d completely steer clear of that for the same reason. There are just so many subtleties in relating with others that I don’t think can ever be programmed into a machine and any of that should be left to old-fashioned person-to-person interaction. It just isn’t natural to me to expect that from an artificial entity.

On the flipside, fembots could come equipped with 'default interaction software' that could be tailored for those who feel uncomfortable or awkward in ‘real-life’ interaction situations. In their interactions with a companion fembot, they could slowly overcome their shyness and compensate with their low self-esteem and eventually find it easier to talk to real women. It would be similar the way a child would learn using a computer or a pilot with a flight simulator.

The fembot as companion and…teacher? It's actually not a bad idea when you look at it that way…

droidlvr
Banned

Post by droidlvr » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:50 pm

The last two posts from Xodar and GZ02 respective seems sensible enough to me. Place qualities in a fembot that'll make it virtually indistinguishable from a living being just doesn't make much since to me.The only exception if at all,would be in the case where it's owner would what it to be able to amble about in public rather than to be transported from point A to Z with the attentions of the surrounding folks.

xodar

Post by xodar » Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:14 am

GZ02:
fembots could come equipped with 'default interaction software' that could be tailored for those who feel uncomfortable or awkward in ‘real-life’ interaction situations. In their interactions with a companion fembot, they could slowly overcome their shyness and compensate with their low self-esteem and eventually find it easier to talk to real women. It would be similar the way a child would learn using a computer or a pilot with a flight simulator.
This is a great idea. Personality bots could be used for therapy, where individuals need to practice interacting with others instead of incessantly rehearsing their failures through talking to mind-parasite therapists.
Give yourself A+ for that one.

However realistic they are, bots are tools like hammers or steamrollers or radios. They don't even have the status of domestic animals in my estimation even though they are likely to be far more expensive, because they are not alive and have never been alive. Until the development of some new technology they can never be shown to be aware and conscious the way we usually know intuitively an animal is.

As tools, there should be no problem programming them with whatever type of personality (or none) the owner wants. The degree of realism an owner wants and the best means of achieving it are the real discussion I had in mind. In my opinion a sexbot should closely approach a female's (or male's if you prefer) real behavior, but the robot that sweeps your floor or fixes dinner need only be designed for its particular task, both physically and behaviorally. Maybe there could be incredibly expensive fembots that do housework and perform sexual services, but it seems to me better to have different machines for that -- why risk some astringent cleaner ruining her "skin" or fumes eating up her "lungs"?
"You can believe me, because I never lie and I'm always right." -- George Leroy Tirebiter.
If a tree falls in the forest and there's nobody there to hear it I don't give a rat's ass.

jakeCTom

Post by jakeCTom » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:39 am

Well, for me I would have to have some personality. I guess I'm more middle of the road. A fembot that knew she was a machine but had a some what of an engaging personality would be cool with me. I need something more than "Yes Master". A fembot that could show possibly engage in a conversation or something of the sort. I don't know. I don't want my fembot to be indistinguishable from humans but I just don't want somthing that will just say a couple of things.

xodar

Post by xodar » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:50 am

jakeCTom wrote:Well, for me I would have to have some personality. I guess I'm more middle of the road. A fembot that knew she was a machine but had a some what of an engaging personality would be cool with me. I need something more than "Yes Master". A fembot that could show possibly engage in a conversation or something of the sort. I don't know. I don't want my fembot to be indistinguishable from humans but I just don't want somthing that will just say a couple of things.
As far as I'm concerned she need not know anything at all. If her behavior approaches or even duplicates human female behavior that appeals to me that's what matters. Actually trying to make a machine conscious would make it prohibitively expensive and introduce an entire dimension of concerns that would simply complicate matters. She need only appear to be so.

As soon as I can clear up some other expenses I plan to buy a Roomba robot that's specifically designed to clean up dog hairs (which fill my house, doubtless to the disgust of any actual women I might bring here). If it cleans the floor I don't care if it knows where the hair comes from or why it really shouldn't be there or what the dogs are that will probably be utterly dismayed by it (every dog I've known has displayed the canine equivalent of horror at robots -- yes, boys & girls, when I was a kid in the 1950s there were remote robotic toys). It doesn't need to be able to do more than its task, least of all wonder why it should.

Freiburg V3.0

Post by Freiburg V3.0 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:49 pm

I would want her not to think she is human. I'd like her to have certain robot characteristics like a rather robotic voice for example and make her a bit like Data from Star Trek TNG but without the desire to become human... .
"I am a loner and I know it - and I think it's even cool but you demonstrate community" -- Tocotronic

jakeCTom

Post by jakeCTom » Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:09 pm

xodar wrote:
jakeCTom wrote:Well, for me I would have to have some personality. I guess I'm more middle of the road. A fembot that knew she was a machine but had a some what of an engaging personality would be cool with me. I need something more than "Yes Master". A fembot that could show possibly engage in a conversation or something of the sort. I don't know. I don't want my fembot to be indistinguishable from humans but I just don't want somthing that will just say a couple of things.
As far as I'm concerned she need not know anything at all. If her behavior approaches or even duplicates human female behavior that appeals to me that's what matters. Actually trying to make a machine conscious would make it prohibitively expensive and introduce an entire dimension of concerns that would simply complicate matters. She need only appear to be so.

As soon as I can clear up some other expenses I plan to buy a Roomba robot that's specifically designed to clean up dog hairs (which fill my house, doubtless to the disgust of any actual women I might bring here). If it cleans the floor I don't care if it knows where the hair comes from or why it really shouldn't be there or what the dogs are that will probably be utterly dismayed by it (every dog I've known has displayed the canine equivalent of horror at robots -- yes, boys & girls, when I was a kid in the 1950s there were remote robotic toys). It doesn't need to be able to do more than its task, least of all wonder why it should.

Well, I guess different strokes for different folks.
:D

xodar

Post by xodar » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:36 am

Well, I guess different strokes for different folks.
If it were conscious I'd have to worry about how it felt. Robot rights groups would be constantly interfering. Besides, it would be so enormously expensive I couldn't afford it.

It's enough I'm concerned with the health and behavior of actual animals.

Anyhow, it's an established principle that if you can't tell a machine from a real human it is one for practical purposes. Except I'd know it wasn't so I wouldn't be too concerned.