Implications of a Fembot

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
xodar

Post by xodar » Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:10 am

Terminatress? Terminatra? Terminatrix would be Kristanna.
Cameron's title should have a feminine suffix, and one which conveys the Glaubot's potent cuteness.
Terminatrina, as in ballerina?
I'd vote for terminatrix although a small version might be a terminatrelle or terminatrette.
"You can believe me, because I never lie and I'm always right." -- George Leroy Tirebiter.
If a tree falls in the forest and there's nobody there to hear it I don't give a rat's ass.
http://www.bbotw.com/product.aspx?ISBN=0-7414-4384-8
http://www.bbotw.com/description.asp?ISBN=0-7414-2058-9

Freiburg V3.0

Post by Freiburg V3.0 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:28 am

About the feminist issue: Why stop with fembots? If women have disease-free, reliable pleasing androbots for the same purpose, I would say they would not see an issue of discrimination with it.

About xerxes's posting on Moore's law: I guess we have reached a time, where we need to be more efficient instead of blindly and blatantly quicker. RISC comes to mind as a natural choice.

The labor market will be _very_ interesting though. Maybe it totally goes to the fritz, maybe however a communistic type of economy will emerge... with other problems. I predict a riot when people will no longer be able to sell their labor.

Consciousness... also an interesting topic even though I think that if something waddles like a duck and quacks like a duck it is no lizard. So while we do not have a definition for consciousness, we can only go by similarity. and by this criteria it is not relevant if someone emulates a behaviour or acts normally (\begin{threadhijack}on another note, Aspies sometimes do find themselves only emulating the behaviour of others, do they lack consciousness though? :)\end{threadhijack})
"I am a loner and I know it - and I think it's even cool but you demonstrate community" -- Tocotronic

jakeCTom
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

Post by jakeCTom » Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:51 am

WilloWisp wrote:
jakeCTom wrote:consciousness or the you and the me are techniques brought on by society through culture. Since humans lack instinctual abilities to survive, consciousness is substituted to in reaffirming each other of our condition and space and time and everything else. I would love to get deeper into this but I'm going to the Mountains till Sunday. Yall keep the fire going on this till i get back

Peace out.
You can postulate all you like on the nature of your own consciousness, but to claim that everyone is purely what society makes them is folly, as is positing that humans lack survival instincts. You make it sound like we created the idea of sentience to comfort ourselves, but if there is no self, then what is being comforted? In fact, what then is comfort?

First off, I'm not saying that I know the answer or that the definition of consciousness starts and ends with me. But to just blow off what I just said kind spits in the face of modern social psychology. The fact that humans can build an environment anywhere it wants to, while other species of animal or what have you are fitted for their environments limits our instinctual ability due to the fact there isn't anything to be instinctual about to the fact that we make our environments. Hence, we have to rely on each other in how our system works. Through consciousness we are given comfort through acts of dramaturgy, reciprocation, discourses, whatever. The comfort is knowing that we are in a group that accepts us. And also there is no need to get snippy, I was just putting out an idea. Have a good day.

jakeCTom
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

Post by jakeCTom » Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:54 am

and by the way the mountains were awesome :D