Text Adventures

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
magicmaximus

Text Adventures

Post by magicmaximus » Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:49 pm

I found it somewhat interesting that so far I haven't seen this talked about much in the various communities on this fetish type. I've seen alot of stories, images, etc made by people but haven't seen much on text adventures. Basically the most interactive stories you can make beyond your standard choice trees on some websites. With this interest being alot about controlling and interacting with the robot I'm surprised there isn't more of this where you get to play the role. I know of several easy to use text adventure creation software that is all free if anyone is interested in more details.

The Liar

Post by The Liar » Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:46 am

There's chyoo. (People write it as you go along).

http://www.chyoo.com:81

They have create a fembot, which is a clutered mess, and
create a fembot 2.0 (which I created this one in a sleep deprived, neatness fit.) which is much more structured but at the moment little more then an order form.
All criticism of my work is both welcome, and encouraged.
My work is uploaded under the Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike 4.0 license, so as long as attribution is given, feel free to disseminate.

magicmaximus

Post by magicmaximus » Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:44 pm

I'm actually more talking about a text game than a website. There is free software out there to make games, author depicts characters, actions, conversations , etc then releases a complete game that people use the program to run the game and play it like a fully interactive game. Some utilize images to a certain extent now as well.

The Liar

Post by The Liar » Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:16 pm

You may wish to post a link to such software is you want people to go about making one.
My work is uploaded under the Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike 4.0 license, so as long as attribution is given, feel free to disseminate.

magicmaximus

Post by magicmaximus » Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:12 pm

I'm not requesting anyone make them, just putting the idea out there for people looking for another way to take this interest

http://www.tads.org/
http://www.axeuk.com/quest/index.htm
http://www.adrift.org.uk/cgi/new/adrift.cgi
http://www.ragsgame.com/

Tads is a little tough to use, requires more programming knowledge, adrift and quest are quite easy to use and each support different features.

Rags is pretty new and made by someone I know, although originally made with a different fetish in mind I believe it would work great for this as well, it is in my opinon the one with the most features that is quite easy to use.

magicmaximus

Post by magicmaximus » Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:13 pm

By the way, thanks for that link "The Liar" actually hadn't been to that one before.

darkbutflashy
Technosexuality: Transformation
Identification: Human

Post by darkbutflashy » Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:49 pm

This is a good idea, magicmaximus. I had thought about it a time ago, utilizing the "frotz" machine (infocom emulator). There are some free tools to create adventures for frotz. TADS looks nice, too. I'm in the game if you start it. (both programming logic and writing story parts).

Kind regards

dark
Do you like or dislike my ongoing story Battlemachine Ayako? Leave a comment on the story's discussion pages on the wiki or in that thread. Thank you!

magicmaximus

Post by magicmaximus » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:46 pm

Yea there are still other options, thse are just some I think that are best ofr text games with static images in some, sounds can also be done in some as well. There is also RPG Maker newest one being RPG Maker XP that I have seen used, more visual but will likely not quite meet what alot of people would want from a fembot storyline, your more limited in some ways as much as you gain in visual and gameplay elements.

Unfortunatly I can't participate in making one of these myself, much too busy and am already making one using Rags but its not related to fembots or anysort. I'd be willing to help anyone wanting to do it though, I'm quite experienced with Adrift, Quest and Rags, not so much Tads as its really that hardest one to work with in some ways, easier if your someone who programs all the time though.

I could do an example game using one of them though, short just to give the basic idea. Like I said I'm just throwing the thought out there if more people start looking into it maybe this community can take the idea and run with it.

The Liar

Post by The Liar » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:54 am

Is anyone following up on this idea or has it fallen to the wayside?

Cornelius
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation
Identification: Human

Post by Cornelius » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:30 pm

There's a "choose your own adventure" style of TF story here, which meanders away from the central theme in later episodes, but still could use a lot more content:

http://www.bearchive.com/~addventure/ga ... 35057.html