comics or one shot drawings?

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
Mirage
Technosexuality: None of your business
Identification: Human

Post by Mirage » Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:23 pm

Just wondering, what you guys prefer.

I posted 8 pages of a new comic I am working on and I notice some pages got a lot more viewing than others.

The pages that got most viewing are with the one with more gynoid action in.

So, I am concluding by this that some just want to see the drawings than reading the story.

I am just curious about this..

In future, should I put more one shot drawings unrelated to stories or try to do more comics?

(Don't worry, I'll finish the comic I started when I"ll have more time).

Mirage

minkwheel

Post by minkwheel » Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:50 pm

I could go either way...story, or one shot pics...I'm not one for erotic comics though.....but speaking AS a cartoonist, and comic guy... I would put CERTAIN pics in the gallery and mention that there is a COMIC to go along with the art.... this way, your audience's curiosity is piqued, and THEY willl come to you.... most folks that browse the gallery want to BROWSE, and not READ...but then again, I am speaking as an ARTIST, not a WRITER here... the gallery is a VISUAL medium. ---but I DO APPLAUD all of your efforts, Mirage! -- I've never drawn ANYTHING for the gallery....I just offer my two cents sometimes, and write oddball stories. --Minkwheel
...From my HEART and from my HAND
WHY don't people understand my intentions?

code_author

Post by code_author » Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:12 pm

I like the story aspect. The differentiation in the amount of views is probably because after someone reads the story the first time, they then just want to see the gynoid content again. I know 'Metalic Mirage' on your site is like that for me. every once in a while I'll read the whole story, which is excellent, but I go back to see the gynoid content a lot. Keep up the great stuff Mirage! :shock:

Thanks,
Code

Sega-boy

Post by Sega-boy » Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:03 am

I think stories are more meaningful, so keep doing it the way you're doing it.

If you've been to Sue Chan's site, you know that she tried making comics at one time, but didn't care for it, and from now on only does one shots.

If she ever tried making a series of her drawings to create a story, I think she would find it a much easier way to make comics, but I also think she is much happier just doing one shots because they're less involved and she can move on after each one.

I used to make comics, until I got frustrated with one that I can't seem to finish.

I really haven't drawn many fembots in my lifetime, even though they're a fascination of mine.

Unfortunately, I ended up trashing my best sketches long ago. Back then, I never imagined that I'd one day have an audience to share them with.
#
Hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn for SEGA.

zerodin

Post by zerodin » Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:20 am

I like the comic your working on.
Though a good single shot pic of a robot girl mid-climax is always nice too.