A feeling( about fembots )

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
GZ02
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

Post by GZ02 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:25 pm

I've often wondered whether certain people are biologically predisposed into getting into fetishes. I mean, in the way people's brains are wired. They say that some people are 'genetically prone' to becoming alcoholics and others can develop more of a tendency to become violent partially determined by their genetic makeup.

Sorry to use negative examples here.

Thinking back to when I was little, I would watch the Bionic Woman and watch these fembots feeling, you know, interested. I don't think this happens to everyone - just a few.

I just think people who are into this kind of thing tend to be more imaginative, creative, curious and maybe more expressive in general. It's been shown that those who are more creative do use their brains differently.

Just throwing out an opinion.

droidlvr
Banned

Post by droidlvr » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:57 pm

Thinking back to when I was little, I would watch the Bionic Woman and watch these fembots feeling, you know, interested.

Fer me it was simple,here you have a bunch of sexy feminine women in
dresses -n- makeup communicating in audible 1's and 0's and blinking when
receiving and processing commands. Schwing.

Tio

Post by Tio » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:29 am

Maybe it is just me, but I dont find this fetish odd at all.

From experience I have noticed that everyone has a fetish. They range from the very basic eg. liking women naked, to the very complex, eg. being dressed as a baby and spanked by an older woman dressed as a nazi nurse.
Everyone has them.

I see many reasons for people to be interested in robots. For me it is the beauty and perfection of the droid. Having the perfect toy to play with who will do what I want.
But then when I am playing the droid I feel differently yet again and like the subservient quality, being dressed up and making the other person happy.

For others the reasons are vast including thinking its cool, wanting an ultimate sex toy, wanting someone who depends on them, wanting someone who wont reject them or just someone who will always care or never leave.

All of these are natural wants and human beings don't come with guarantees and security in fulfilling these needs.
"I wish I could at least 30 percent
Maybe 50 for pleasure then skip all the rest"

xodar

Post by xodar » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:56 am

I had no sex until 25 - so no talk about abnormality please. I count myself among the 'normal', whatever that is.
It is not at all abnormal these days. It can be a sign of good sense and insight into the realities of today's world.
"You can believe me, because I never lie and I'm always right." -- George Leroy Tirebiter.
If a tree falls in the forest and there's nobody there to hear it I don't give a rat's ass.
http://www.bbotw.com/product.aspx?ISBN=0-7414-4384-8
http://www.bbotw.com/description.asp?ISBN=0-7414-2058-9

amazonophile

Post by amazonophile » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:01 pm

Since for me ASFR is not an end but a means to an end I see fembots as a solution to an intractable problem in our society that affects people like me:inability to obtain a human partner. David Levy described this in his book "Love+Sex with Robots. " Technology will provide a way to simulate what we want artificially. This is a high tech analog of "Why was margarine invented" or why is rubber now made artificially from crude oil and not rubber plants anymore. For me fembots are based on the same idea. In much the same way that margarine should be indistinguishable from butter I think that the best fembot is one that is as much like a human female as possible. (Ideally should be almost indistinguishable like Simone or the fembot in weird science), other wise it is defeating the purpose. A fembot should look more like Simone then C3PO.
"New World Order" is an oxymoron.

xodar

Post by xodar » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:25 am

amazonophile wrote:Since for me ASFR is not an end but a means to an end I see fembots as a solution to an intractable problem in our society that affects people like me:inability to obtain a human partner. ...........
This is the motive of many of us.
While I have been able to obtain human partners, I never found one who wasn't a lot of trouble and who didn't turn the relationship into a power struggle instead of a real partnership.
Robots aren't a fetish for me or for many others, but a viable substitute that will supply some satisfactions with little trouble or, in the long run, great expense.
"You can believe me, because I never lie and I'm always right." -- George Leroy Tirebiter.
If a tree falls in the forest and there's nobody there to hear it I don't give a rat's ass.

amazonophile

Post by amazonophile » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:10 pm

xodar wrote:
amazonophile wrote:Since for me ASFR is not an end but a means to an end I see fembots as a solution to an intractable problem in our society that affects people like me:inability to obtain a human partner. ...........
While I have been able to obtain human partners, I never found one who wasn't a lot of trouble and who didn't turn the relationship into a power struggle instead of a real partnership.
Robots aren't a fetish for me or for many others, but a viable substitute that will supply some satisfactions with little trouble or, in the long run, great expense.
The thing that is so depressing (especially for those of us born before 1970), is that we seem to be having a "Moses moment" with respect to fembots: We know what fembots will be the advatages etc. and how they will sexually liberate many from the problems that David Levy discusses in his book Love +Sex With Robots but I suspect that many of us on this forum (and David Levy himself), will not live to see it. We can only anticipate the advantages that only others younger then us will actually have.
"New World Order" is an oxymoron.

xodar

Post by xodar » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:13 am

amazonophile wrote:
xodar wrote:
The thing that is so depressing (especially for those of us born before 1970), is that we seem to be having a "Moses moment" with respect to fembots: We know what fembots will be the advatages etc. and how they will sexually liberate many from the problems that David Levy discusses in his book Love +Sex With Robots but I suspect that many of us on this forum (and David Levy himself), will not live to see it. We can only anticipate the advantages that only others younger then us will actually have.
True. I don't expect to live long enough to see fembots whose physical appearance will be difficult to distinguish from biological women's. That might be midcentury, and while it's possible (even barring profound medical discoveries) that I could be alive in 2050 it isn't likely.

Even a social change that will restore more viable relationships won't help much because many of us will be so old only fembots will be interested (or show interest behavior, that is).

I see this development as another way of enabling people to live better lives and thus maximize their contributions to us all, though, so even though I'll only see the begining (as of biological innovation) I'm happy about it.

Ciepher
Technosexuality: None of your business
Identification: Cyborg

Post by Ciepher » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:15 am

I wouldn't see it as that we are predetermined to be attracted to the fantasy of being with/being fembots.
Instead, it's more likely that our instincts have predetermined us to want certain things that are fulfilled by fembots. For some, it would be the dominance that a person can have over a robot. For others, it would be the ability to have a relationship without normal human hangups.
In some people, those sort of desires would attract them to a different fantasy, for example, standard BDSM play. But for some reason, we've become excited by the idea of robots - maybe we came across androids at a young age, maybe we also like the technology, and so on.

But for whatever reason, we have needs that could be fulfilled by fembots, and so we have came to like them.

xodar

Post by xodar » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:24 pm

Ciepher wrote:I wouldn't see it as that we are predetermined to be attracted to the fantasy of being with/being fembots.
Instead, it's more likely that our instincts have predetermined us to want certain things that are fulfilled by fembots. For some, it would be the dominance that a person can have over a robot. For others, it would be the ability to have a relationship without normal human hangups.
In some people, those sort of desires would attract them to a different fantasy, for example, standard BDSM play. But for some reason, we've become excited by the idea of robots - maybe we came across androids at a young age, maybe we also like the technology, and so on.

But for whatever reason, we have needs that could be fulfilled by fembots, and so we have came to like them.
This all seems correct to me. Fembots are essentially another tool that can make your life more fulfilling. Too many hangups, to me, make relationships a burden and detrimental to other activities whether creative or simply engaging.
To move the technology forward as rapidly as possible there have to be people motivated by the fantasy and people motivated by the likely profits.