Very Sad

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
Karel

Post by Karel » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:48 am

Ok...

In practicum, a good compromise. In honesty, I won't be visiting the "tangent" gallery. But in fairness, could we please name it something other than the "tangent" gallery? People don't come to a site like this to be told again that their predilictions are "tangential:" they know that they're tangential, we all know that all our fantasies are tangential, and we all come here because this is a place where they're supposed to be mainstream. So we've segregated the gallery, great, but find a name that doesn't alienate, please. I mean, compared to the reformatting, that's nothing doing.

How about just "gender-bending ASFR?" Or "m to fembots?" Or "specialty models" or "custom models?" Or, I don't know, anything other than "tangent interests." ASFR is a tangent interest.

andoroido
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

Post by andoroido » Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:47 am

Is this going to be another case where political correctness renders the English language meaningless?

Personally, it doesn't matter to me, because I already know, but to any NEW members, what does "tangent interest" or "specialty models" actually MEAN?

Nothing.

Neither the people who seek transgender materials, nor the ones who want to avoid transgender materials will be able to identify what that section of the gallery actually contains.

I hate to keep beatng this dead horse, but can we just call a spade a spade? Nothing to be ashamed of.

Karel

Post by Karel » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:22 am

Androido: they will, because there is a description of what each gallery contains below the actual name. Not that I don't find that somewhat haughty and dismissive as well:
"This gallery is for those pictures and images that might otherwise not conform to the normal Fembot Central criteria."
I mean, come on!
When I spoke out against a policed gallery before, this is exactly what I was afraid of! A "highly categorized" gallery, which was what I suggested, might have had categories like "M/M," "F/M," "M to F," without judgement being cast on any of them, or any conclusions being drawn as to whether or not they met the "appropriate" criteria. Or the argument being handed to the people who've irrationally objected to everything queer so far!

So now we've made a ghetto gallery. Can it at least be a ghetto with a nice name?

andoroido

Post by andoroido » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:53 am

Oops, forgot about the description. Sorry.

But I can do without the persecution complex. "ghetto"? Come on.

Karel

Post by Karel » Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:02 am

Lol, don't talk to me, I'm not the one being persecuted. I just want everyone else to be convinced of the same.

Karel

Post by Karel » Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:29 pm

Arrrrg, alright alright. Yeah, I know I might have come across as picky-choosy back there. But, in fairness, I haven't been on this site at all for three weeks, so it was my late contribution to the debate, and I didn't know that Kishin had already (wisely) ended said debate when I made it.

Slinking away to my well-adorned hole,
Karel

Karel

Post by Karel » Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:30 pm

P.S: thank you Kishin

Devil

Post by Devil » Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:22 pm

I've talked to over a dozen members of this site, and they have also decided to walk away sadly. This is not ASFR, this is Fembot Central, and fembot means female.

tinyspider

Post by tinyspider » Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:58 pm

Devil wrote:I've talked to over a dozen members of this site, and they have also decided to walk away sadly. This is not ASFR, this is Fembot Central, and fembot means female.
C'mon fellow, can't you knock it off? I'm pretty sure 90+% of the more than nine hundred members on this board just don't care about it... chill out pal, we're doing this for fun!!!