About the Gallery

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
Karel

About the Gallery

Post by Karel » Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:33 am

Two Things:

#1: Is the new gallery still set to become the new new gallery?

#2: We've been getting phenomenal pics for the Stock Images section, but I just wanted to ask those scouring the web for more if they might also be on the lookout for pictures of models pointing at things, or making significant gestures with their hands. The work being done on the manips since Synthgirls, with the understated seams and barcodes and serial numbers, is seriously leading me to consider trying my hand at a few myself, even though I don't presently have any kind of Photoshop or picture editing program (and can't even find an old, out of date [out of style] manip tutorial that used to be on the [sadly missed] Female Androids site).

Of course, if I were to start doing that, I would probably be searching the web for stock photos myself right now instead of asking others to do it. But in the general hope that it leads to more high quality manips I suggest more images of models pointing or gesturing, that can be transposed into other photos to become robot models turning off or reprogramming other robot models. I remember the old stock images gallery had photos of wires and circuit boards for the old school "panel off" manips that have gone slightly out of fashion (I'm not complaining). The photos coming in right now, which I again emphasize are excellent, are all of women posed in a naturally artificial manner that immediately lends itself to robotcization. The problem, if any, is that the best ones are so well chosen as to not provoke manipulation at all; people (including me) are content to view them as they are, which ironically seems kind of self-defeating. It feels more and more like the LMC ("Frozen Girls!" "Um, of course they're frozen, it's a... still photograph...").