How differnetly the genders view ASFR

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
pm_uk

How differnetly the genders view ASFR

Post by pm_uk » Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:53 pm

Out of pure Curiosity alone, i was wondering how different the genders view our particular fetish. For example what turns each of us on, our experiences, how we feel about the sexual attratction in general?
Thought it would be interesting to see the differences between us... if any... Had alot of time to think about the opposite sex since my resent break up with my long term girl friend and am simply interested in their perspective on the fetish.

Paul.

RancidInsanity
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation
Identification: Human

Post by RancidInsanity » Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:20 pm

I'm male and this is my take on Robotfetishism. After joining and "monitering" this board for a few weeks I think you can divide this fetish down into sub groups. Not just "Built or transformed" but others as well. Robot fetishism seems to me to be a mix of other attarctions. Like a control fetish, I think I have this, and it's like robots are supposed to take orders and it's fun to give them orders and see a robot follow it without question. It's the thought of a perfect woman obeying your every command. Then you have the tech side of the fetish. Things like open panels, wires, circitry, etc. Personally, I could care less about open panels. However I do like phrases like, "She was built or she was reprogrammed" stuff like that. Transformation has two sub groups in my opinion, the willingly and the unwillingly. Some people like how a woman would WANT to become a machine and she KNOWINGLY knows that she will have no control whatsoever and wants to serve you anyway. Some people like the unwillingly transformation. They, I think, like the struggle in it. The woman hates the idea, tries to get away from it, fights it. Only in the end to give in and become it. I just realized I typed alot......lol.... :lol:
...Nolo Contendere

droidlvr
Banned

Post by droidlvr » Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:48 pm

fetishes are pretty much a guy thing...damned if I know what makes women tick.
Damned straight. :?

xodar

Post by xodar » Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:59 am

I don't have a robot fetish. I'd prefer real women but on the one hand I'm getting old and on the other women are too much trouble. That's why I want robots to be indistinguishable from the real thing except in their pleasant behavior.
It's entirely a practical matter for me.
"You can believe me, because I never lie and I'm always right." -- George Leroy Tirebiter.
If a tree falls in the forest and there's nobody there to hear it I don't give a rat's ass.
http://www.bbotw.com/product.aspx?ISBN=0-7414-4384-8
http://www.bbotw.com/description.asp?ISBN=0-7414-2058-9

Tio

Post by Tio » Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:38 am

Robotman wrote: There are a lot more males than females with strong interests in fetishes.
I think that is so very very wrong. It just depends on the fetish. I have been part of many fetish scenes and I know that in quite a few girls out number guys. There are more mistresses than masters in s&m, also texturephiles (or whatever you call people who get off on feeling things like silk or furr) are mainly girls.

Alot of women I know have fetishes but do not tell people or go to chat boards. I will admit that as a girl I think we have it easier, cause if we suggest anything kinky most guys will try at least once.
"I wish I could at least 30 percent
Maybe 50 for pleasure then skip all the rest"

darkbutflashy
Technosexuality: Transformation

Post by darkbutflashy » Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:31 am

I'd like to backup you, Tio. There is pretty more difference between one man and another (and one woman and another of course) than between man and women of one temperament.
I'd never had the reception there is a special thing unique to women (or men) when it comes to sexual desires.

@pm_uk: if you had this feeling, chances are there you are just dating with the wrong (unmatching) persons again and again.
Do you like or dislike my ongoing story Battlemachine Ayako? Leave a comment on the story's discussion pages on the wiki or in that thread. Thank you!

M4R1A

Post by M4R1A » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:51 am

Me and other women I meet tend to be into robots like robots to be sentient, on-level with them. This doesn't mean there aren't women into mind control or men into sentient robots (I've met and know both). The gender of the robot wasn't always relevant. The robot was always pure and honest, wether they were good or evil or in-between. Some see them as a protector who has hands that can murder and soothe (keep in mind again: gender wasn't always relevant). Others just like what's diffrent.

Most women I come across like the other side of ASFR that isn't mind control. Some also like their robots looking seriously like robots. Using the community I'm in as an example, the majority of them like them at least looking hybrid or more. But it's such a grey area and all types always cross gender lines so it's hard for me to deliver a straight response. I feel like I am more describing another facet. That facet of it, though, is more gender-friendly so I see more females in it compared to the mind control-majority type. No offense to any of you, but I've seen a lot of personal issues expressed behind the reason many MCers here like what they like, so more females may not be so partial to it in these circumstances and would deem it creepy if not threatening and discouraging to be the other half of a robot-based community.

ASFRyan
Identification: Cyborg

Post by ASFRyan » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:57 am

M4R1A wrote:That facet of it, though, is more gender-friendly so I see more females in it compared to the mind control-majority type. No offense to any of you, but I've seen a lot of personal issues expressed behind the reason many MCers here like what they like, so more females may not be so partial to it in these circumstances and would deem it creepy if not threatening and discouraging to be the other half of a robot-based community.
I can understand how the transformation stuff can certainly be threatening. It's unfortunate if that's truly driving away people that might have an interest in the fetish, but realistically if someone truly has a fetish, they'll be drawn to something regardless.

I've been on a number of fetish sites and boards and truly women do not seem to have anywhere near equal representation on those I've visited. There are always a few but they are anomalies, perhaps because women are wired (forgive the pun) differently on a sexual level.
"I never knew anyone who wanted to be a robot."

M4R1A

Post by M4R1A » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:12 pm

It's not so much that the transformation fetish ITSELF is threatening (personally, I find it all in good fun) but when you see some of the members of said intrest community reasons for liking it (i.e. they have issues with real women and would prefer them converted into something more docile/predictable), as I have here, it can be threatening for others.

darkbutflashy

Post by darkbutflashy » Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:20 pm

Couldn't agree more. I like conversion stories like "Computer Virus" form Zickefoose or "Conversion" form BadmanX. In such stories, the newly born fembots are dedicated to a special task by their programming and are equipped with the neccessary tools (e.g. by being a gorgeous female) to fulfill it.

Ok, that is predictable, too, but only for her and her maker, which is not on the set. So the fembot is a honest and strong, not neccessarily nice person; but to no degree a puppet of someone else.

Kind regards

dark
Do you like or dislike my ongoing story Battlemachine Ayako? Leave a comment on the story's discussion pages on the wiki or in that thread. Thank you!

keraptis

Post by keraptis » Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:42 pm

M4R1A wrote:It's not so much that the transformation fetish ITSELF is threatening (personally, I find it all in good fun) but when you see some of the members of said intrest community reasons for liking it (i.e. they have issues with real women and would prefer them converted into something more docile/predictable), as I have here, it can be threatening for others.
True, but there are PLENTY of people on the "built only" side who have indicated that their interest in robots stems from inability or unwillingness to develop a successful relationship with a real woman.

There is no particular correlation between liking robots because you can't or won't deal with real-life girls and the transformation fetish.

Nor is there any particular correlation between fantasizing about cruelty to robots and the transformation fetish.

M4R1A

Post by M4R1A » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:14 pm

Yeah, no matter the aspect, my point still stands. However, if you lump together the negatives of, uh, all sides, that could turn into a discussion as to why being sexually attracted to robots/being a robot doesn't have a less unsettling light in public as opposed to just a gender discussion.

Of course that's just pointing out two aspects you see on these forums or the most active demographic of the fandom; the other communities I go to have a bit less of them than FBC and don't acknowledge or hone in on aspects like "transformation" or "built," just "sexy assed robots" (notice I said 'less' and not 'none at all,' lol).

Lord of the Geeks

submissiveness

Post by Lord of the Geeks » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:05 am

I'll toss this in, though i dont know if it is exactly on topic.

This has many of the same attributes and actions as a S/M Dom/Sub relationship, but with one major difference I see.

In a Dom/Sub relationship, the sub/slave gives over total control of her body to the master... no different than being a robot programmed to do so... now a slave is subject to punishment for acting poorly or disobeying a command. punishments vary but often are painful, or shameful. sometimes the only way a slave can ask for attention is by disobeying and being punished.... this is the major difference....

If a bot malfutions.... you dont punish.. you repair. there's a caring here that isn't as evident in a dom/slave relationship. The bot must be cared for; maintained lovingly.. she requires a lot of personal intimate attention to function. (when a fembot girl wants attention.. she has a "malfuction")

I guess I feel there is a bigger give/take here than with a slave. yes she will bend knee to your whim and desire.. and do all that will make you happy.... but in return she gets your attention... lots of your close.. personal attention.

am i rambling or do you guys get where i'm going?

M4R1A

Post by M4R1A » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:43 pm

Lol, this is about how the diffrent genders view robot fetishism, not dom/sub

Lord of the Geeks

validity

Post by Lord of the Geeks » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:49 pm

I thought it was valid, in that females are often made nervous by dom/sub as well.... the usual argument being the pain, or the puishment process is too uncomfortable... you'd think females would preffer this because of the attention they recieve
I want a mechanical mordsith.

xandimouse

it's been a while, but this topic caught my eye.

Post by xandimouse » Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:54 pm

Paul asked:
Out of pure Curiosity alone, i was wondering how different the genders view our particular fetish. For example what turns each of us on, our experiences, how we feel about the sexual attratction in general?
Thought it would be interesting to see the differences between us... if any... Had alot of time to think about the opposite sex since my resent break up with my long term girl friend and am simply interested in their perspective on the fetish.
i'll try to take this a bit at a time, because i'm rather rusty, being away for a while.
gender = female, so this is where i'm answering from....And i really hope this isn't tmi. but i'm going to answer anyways.

"What turns each of us on?"
For me, i'm turned on by the act of having a maker/programmer/creater.
It turns me on to be 'programmed' to 'perform' and to malfunction. It turns me on to know that parts of the stories i read i can roleplay with someone. in a way, it almost is a little bit like D/s. but far more imaginative and sexy.
My experiences are rather limited. But i love pictures of me that have been modified, to portray me with circuitry. I've even had the honor of being drawn on, to similate seams, etc. Sometimes, i listen to a song, and i think about how i'd perform, like a doll on a music box. (There was a movie once. with a life sized dancing doll. I can't remember it. *sighs*)

"the sexual attraction in general"
I am attracted to fembots, yes. I'm just as much in love with them, as I am the idea of being one. I find their roles, their programming, their perfections and imperfections wonderfully intriguing. It's the typical little girl reading a romance novel syndrome. You feel a sisterhood, yet you are awed by the incredible umm. WOW of it all. (okay, yeah. i don't have the words to describe that part.)

My perspective of the fetish is probably a little skewed. One of the things I personally enjoy is not just the docility of the fembots, but in wanting to be one, the fact that the idea of having your crazy faults 'reprogrammed' and being able to perform as designed, without all these durn crazy hormones running around is wonderful.
Imagine the possibilities. wonderful sex drive. no headaches. no pms! ;)

I hope this helps give you another side, albeit odd side, of the coin.
xm

Karel

Post by Karel » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:27 pm

This response is a little late, but... Robotman, your ex had two wild fetishes? Man, I obviously don't know the whole story of your relationship, but I would think that, for accomodating her, she would have been more than happy to accomodate you. Those two aren't even that bad in my opinion (they're certainly not rare); they're even compatable, with each other and with ASFR! It could have been coprophagia or golden showers or something just too physically disgusting to follow through with. Morally, I can't imagine any woman I know not taking severe exception to requests that she imitate a soulless machine, or the idea that I derive gratification from such dehumanization. But if she wanted me to play a pirate, or an SS officer, well, so much the better! Then it becomes give and take.

Anyway. My two cents. I just can't see any justification for vilifying other people's predilictions, given my own.

But the topic got me thinking about Code Author's most recent manip, of the photo posted by Kaiya. Very skillful manip, CA; I like it, and understand that it was done as a tribute of sorts, and just hope that that's clear. After all, in the manipulated image, we now have blanked out eyes, visible seams and ports (presumably for easy modification), and an on/off switch prominently located at the navel, where it can be accessed by anyone. It occured to me that, if we are to imagine that the individuals in both photographs are androids, the one in Code Author's image is without control over its personhood. Anyone can easily turn her on or off, and probably do other things to her. Now, Code Author is free (and welcome) to put forward his vision, and if his fantasy is also Kaiya's, even better. If not, though, I can see a potential for misunderstanding. My guess is that most women who fantasize about being robots will imagine themselves as rather more powerful and self-directed than most objects of robot-fetishist fantasy.

Stephaniebot
Identification: Android

Post by Stephaniebot » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:48 am

My experiences are rather limited. But i love pictures of me that have been modified, to portray me with circuitry. I've even had the honor of being drawn on, to similate seams, etc. Sometimes, i listen to a song, and i think about how i'd perform, like a doll on a music box. (There was a movie once. with a life sized dancing doll. I can't remember it. *sighs*)
Well the film I know where this happens is 'Chitty Chitty Bang Bang' when Sally Anne Downes is the 'doll' on the music box. Hope thats the one you mean.
I'm just a 'girl' who wants to become a fembot whats wrong with that?

Lord of the Geeks

dancing doll

Post by Lord of the Geeks » Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:29 am

isn't there a wind up ballerina in the nutcracker?
I want a mechanical mordsith.

tully

Re: dancing doll

Post by tully » Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:32 am

Lord of the Geeks wrote:isn't there a wind up ballerina in the nutcracker?
I think I was about 12 when I saw a version of the Nutcracker where a wind-up ballerina was presented as a gift. The dancer did an excellent job with her routine.

I also remember asking my mother to see it again. :oops:

andoroido
Technosexuality: Built

Re: submissiveness

Post by andoroido » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:39 am

Lord of the Geeks wrote:If a bot malfutions.... you dont punish.. you repair. there's a caring here that isn't as evident in a dom/slave relationship. The bot must be cared for; maintained lovingly.. she requires a lot of personal intimate attention to function. (when a fembot girl wants attention.. she has a "malfuction")
I get it. I think it fits into an almost universal male-female relationship issue. As a man, I often have trouble understanding women and their irrational behavior. ;)
How many arguments even in the most healthy relationships are based on really small things, miscommunication and misunderstadning? "Fixing" these little problems, we men learn "The woman is always right." It's even jokingly accepted by most people. If the woman gets angry (even when there is no justification, really) It's the man's role to figure out how to make things right. And often, we don't know how. We want to help and be nice, but can't.

A robot partner does not pose such problems. If you can read the manual, most problems can be repaired in a logical way. Lots of men would probably be much more comfortable (and successful) using a soldering iron to fix a robo-relationship problem than trying to write a love letter or such.

A perfect robo-relationship with no crisises (crises?) would be boring.
Replacing phsychological/social conflict with electro-mechanical breakdowns, you still have crisis-solution-gratitude to put spice in the relationship.

Many of the stories I enjoy have the human-robot couple helping each other and solving problems. The super-strong robot rescues the weak human. Later the human repairs or recharges the robot. Everyone wins.

tully

Post by tully » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:09 pm

(when a fembot girl wants attention.. she has a "malfuction")
And attention she shall have. :wink:

xodar

Re: submissiveness

Post by xodar » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:55 pm

andoroido wrote:
Lord of the Geeks wrote:If a bot malfutions.... you dont punish.. you repair. there's a caring here that isn't as evident in a dom/slave relationship. The bot must be cared for; maintained lovingly.. she requires a lot of personal intimate attention to function. (when a fembot girl wants attention.. she has a "malfuction")
I get it. I think it fits into an almost universal male-female relationship issue. As a man, I often have trouble understanding women and their irrational behavior. ;)
How many arguments even in the most healthy relationships are based on really small things, miscommunication and misunderstadning? "Fixing" these little problems, we men learn "The woman is always right." It's even jokingly accepted by most people. If the woman gets angry (even when there is no justification, really) It's the man's role to figure out how to make things right. And often, we don't know how. We want to help and be nice, but can't.

A robot partner does not pose such problems. If you can read the manual, most problems can be repaired in a logical way. Lots of men would probably be much more comfortable (and successful) using a soldering iron to fix a robo-relationship problem than trying to write a love letter or such.

A perfect robo-relationship with no crisises (crises?) would be boring.
Replacing phsychological/social conflict with electro-mechanical breakdowns, you still have crisis-solution-gratitude to put spice in the relationship.

Many of the stories I enjoy have the human-robot couple helping each other and solving problems. The super-strong robot rescues the weak human. Later the human repairs or recharges the robot. Everyone wins.
Well, now you've opened yourself up somewhat to attack.
Still, problems are to be solved. If the robot needs help you first turn her off, then look at her circuits. No need to try to convince her with logic.
"You can believe me, because I never lie and I'm always right." -- George Leroy Tirebiter.
If a tree falls in the forest and there's nobody there to hear it I don't give a rat's ass.
http://www.bbotw.com/product.aspx?ISBN=0-7414-4384-8
http://www.bbotw.com/description.asp?ISBN=0-7414-2058-9

Tio

Post by Tio » Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:03 pm

I am sooo fucking fed-up of being told how real women arent good enough and men would prefer a robot.

I am happy to be a bot for a guy but he must realise and love me for the human being that I actually am. We live in a reality where bots aren't real yet! Its only a fantasy, a role-play, and even though I participate on both sides I will not say that men are *insert complaint here* and I would prefer a robot. If I thought like that then any man would never compare to my fantasies and I would never find anyone real!

Sorry but I just needed to vent that.....
"I wish I could at least 30 percent
Maybe 50 for pleasure then skip all the rest"

tully

Post by tully » Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:38 pm

Tio wrote:I am sooo fucking fed-up of being told how real women arent good enough and men would prefer a robot.
Not at all the case here, but I can see where if someone had been "through it" quite a bit, they may prefer the artificial.
I am happy to be a bot for a guy but he must realise and love me for the human being that I actually am. We live in a reality where bots aren't real yet! Its only a fantasy, a role-play, and even though I participate on both sides I will not say that men are *insert complaint here* and I would prefer a robot. If I thought like that then any man would never compare to my fantasies and I would never find anyone real!
Then you, madam, are a rare woman indeed. I hope that if you do have a man in your life he realizes that. It's not just any woman who will indulge in a man's fantasy.
Sorry but I just needed to vent that.....
Glad you felt comfortable enough to do it here. After all, that's really what we're here for.