Ghost in the Shell Cyberization

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
Zor

Ghost in the Shell Cyberization

Post by Zor » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:59 pm

Forgive me if i have done something already done...

1-Do you think that Ghost in the Shell Style Prosthetic Bodies will become available within your lifetime

2-If they hit the marketplace right now and you one a Free Cyberization Coupon in a Lottory, would you undergo it?

Zor
There is no need for violence here, but it still damn happens

Stephaniebot
Technosexuality: Transformation
Identification: Android

Post by Stephaniebot » Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:00 am

Timewise I'm not sure it will happen early enough in my lifetime for me to truly benefit, but then again as I'm already 48 I'm a lot older than many here. We are beginning to develop in that area, for example the 'bionic arm' fitted to that woman in the US that has made the news this week. But lets face it that design is hardly truly human looking or sexy.
Real prosthetic bodies,my estimated date is probably sooner than Robotman's, I'm estimating around 2050 but still sadly too late for me, though I suspect 'tinkering' with human bodies (and maybe minds) will happen long before then, but body will be easier than mind, thats for sure.

As someone who would love the whole controlled robot effect I would love the latter, but know thats going to be harder to achieve.

But would I undergo it given the chance, yes, wothout a second's thought, it would be the fulfillment of my dreams, and I wouldnt even need to think about it.
I'm just a 'girl' who wants to become a fembot whats wrong with that?

andoroido
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

Post by andoroido » Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:04 am

Part of the background story of GiTS is that the whole-body cyborgization requires regular EXPENSIVE maintenance, like regular replacement of the skin, if not the occaisional complete switch into a fresh cyber-body.

I'd assume that even when seriously major cyborg-ing becomes popular, it will never be cheap, and only people sponsored by the government and the extremely rich could afford the transplantation AND the maintenance.

Then there's another issue I wasn't too sure about in the translation, something about some cyborgs' brains becoming "hard" or basically, replaced more and more by hardware until they lose their souls and free-will, becoming nothing more than robots, or something like that.

When the brain starts needing replacement parts, you're screwed.

Fembot-Fem

Post by Fembot-Fem » Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:44 am

Also, I remember reading in the GITS manga that 'In reality, it would dificult, if not impossible to replicate certian things such as Bone Marrow in a cyborg body to that degree.

The brain needs to be constantly, infinately resuplied with blood and oxygen and has bilions of micrscopic neurons and is very, very complex. I seriously doubt we will see it in out lifetimes...

BUT, then again, people thought that it would be impossible for a train to go over 200 miles an hour or it would de-compress the passengers inside. And of course the whole history of heavier-than-air flight.

xodar

Post by xodar » Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:45 pm

Stephaniebot wrote:Timewise I'm not sure it will happen early enough in my lifetime for me to truly benefit, but then again as I'm already 48 I'm a lot older than many here. We are beginning to develop in that area, for example the 'bionic arm' fitted to that woman in the US that has made the news this week. But lets face it that design is hardly truly human looking or sexy.
Real prosthetic bodies,my estimated date is probably sooner than Robotman's, I'm estimating around 2050 but still sadly too late for me, though I suspect 'tinkering' with human bodies (and maybe minds) will happen long before then, but body will be easier than mind, thats for sure.

As someone who would love the whole controlled robot effect I would love the latter, but know thats going to be harder to achieve.

But would I undergo it given the chance, yes, wothout a second's thought, it would be the fulfillment of my dreams, and I wouldnt even need to think about it.

Tinkering with bodies is OK. With minds is not except in emergencies; unless you direct the tinkering for your own purposes you'd end up as someone else. Someone else that another someone else wants you to be.
As I get older (and I'm older than forty-eight) I might like artificial bodies since the natural one is programmed to deteriorate no matter how good the care it gets. I would prefer restored and improved biological equipment, but the alternative is better than being decerpit and dead. I want to hang around and see what happens because the world is incredibly interesting.
"You can believe me, because I never lie and I'm always right." -- George Leroy Tirebiter.
If a tree falls in the forest and there's nobody there to hear it I don't give a rat's ass.
http://www.bbotw.com/product.aspx?ISBN=0-7414-4384-8
http://www.bbotw.com/description.asp?ISBN=0-7414-2058-9

Steamboy
Technosexuality: Transformation
Identification: Human

Post by Steamboy » Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:23 pm

One thing that surprises me is the fact that in GITS saga there are more people with "cyberbrains" than ones with complete prosthethics, and there is not only humanoid prosthethics, remember the jameson model? I'm studying bionics engineering and the technology showed in gits its far away from today, I think humanoids robots will be available by 2020's, the capability to connect the human brain with a machine by 2050's, and cyberbrains it is possible that we can´t develop that, machines will have wiped us out.

dementedLuke

Post by dementedLuke » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:50 am

Off-topic but, Zor, where are your disciples lol :P
Nothing to see here move along!

Zor

Post by Zor » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:24 am

dementedLuke wrote:Off-topic but, Zor, where are your disciples lol :P
Well Hidden, but still around. 8)

Zor
There is no need for violence here, but it still damn happens

WinterRose
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation

Post by WinterRose » Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:56 pm

In a red hot minute. Yank me out, upgrade me and turn me loose!

rabiator

Post by rabiator » Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:46 pm

andoroido wrote:Part of the background story of GiTS is that the whole-body cyborgization requires regular EXPENSIVE maintenance, like regular replacement of the skin, if not the occaisional complete switch into a fresh cyber-body.

I'd assume that even when seriously major cyborg-ing becomes popular, it will never be cheap, and only people sponsored by the government and the extremely rich could afford the transplantation AND the maintenance.
I partly agree, mechanical parts (like your car for instance) will wear out faster than a human body which is mostly self-repairing. But the real problem would be keeping the brain alive and connected to the robot body.
The mechanics may become affordable some day (like a car?) but I doubt that we will see the long-term reliable, mobile life support unit that would be needed in our lifetime.

Lord of the Geeks

gradual

Post by Lord of the Geeks » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:57 am

I am a big proponent that these change will come in gradual babysteps. i think we'll have computer augmentation to the brain first (think jacking-in to the net) and other forms of direct neural control systems.. these are already being devolped and work well in monkies. people will be able to directly influence more standard machines by thought.. (think- riggers from shadow run) as our brains better adapt to controling external devices.. the brain can also accept artifical memory storage that it programs.. and outside processing susytems that it tells what to do. as the brain can control more and more spohiticated devices.. more and more sophisticated and complex divices imerge.... some attached to the body, most not. advanced prostectics will emerge (very quickly now that body armor saves lives but not limbs).. and will quickly outpace the biological abilities. (a man with two artifical legs can now outrun a natural human thanks to alloys and feedback systems.) peice by peice, as something wears out, or can be upgraded it will, including the brain. as the brain relies more and more on the computer portions of itself, nueral functions will gradually shift to being completely on the computer side rather than the aged and dying meat. once the brain is completely a computer (programmed with a neural network designed by the old brain.. original thoughts and memories.. not copies) no life support is needed and the rest or the meat husk can be removed for ANY other form... human animal viecle aircraft starcraft... hell the first interstelar astronaughts may very well be transhuman who have spaceraft for bodies. once released from our physical form.. the possibilities are endless.

for our generation at least, as teh technology emerges I see this as the pattern.. later on.. there may be some more direct conversion.. but i don't know

Example monkey controled arm
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TK1WBA9Xl3c"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TK1WBA9Xl3c" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

also the url if the embad doesnt work = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TK1WBA9Xl3c[/url]

WinterRose
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation

Post by WinterRose » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:41 am

Yes. Yesyesyes.