Curious discovery ... and a poll

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.

Do you have a spandex fetish?

Yes, gotta admit I love girls in spandex
67%
No, it doesn't do anything special for me
33%

Total votes: 48

keraptis
Technosexuality: Transformation
Identification: Human

Curious discovery ... and a poll

Post by keraptis » Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:54 pm

I was browsing through Wikipedia and came to the entry on robot fetishism:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robot_fetishism

I couldn't help but notice that there is a direct link from the robot fetishism entry to the spandex fetishism entry. I don't know if these relationships are defined manually by Wikipedia's contributors / editors, or if they are generated automatically, sort of like what Amazon.com does. (I suspect the former.)

But anyway, I found it interesting that somebody feels there is a relation, or at least a correlation, between ASFR and spandex fetishism. I have to say my own fantasies incorporate almost equal parts of both ... which should be obvious from "The Offer" and "Upgrade."

I'm just curious to see, how many other people here would say they have a "thing" for girls in spandex?

CherryKiss

Post by CherryKiss » Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:33 pm

spandex...yum! not as yum as hose and tights, but still yum :)

code_author

I gotta admit...

Post by code_author » Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:07 pm

Spandex, Latex, PVCex; all of those ...ex's are nice things, even gortex if done right could probably turn some heads.
The other direct link at Wickopedia is Rubber fetishism... I have to draw the line somewhere, condoms just don't do anything for me. :lol:

Code

ehy
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation

Post by ehy » Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:29 pm

I like it, but not fetishisticly, and I don't think it has anything to do with robots for me - it just looks good.

On some people.

Stephaniebot
Identification: Android

Post by Stephaniebot » Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:16 pm

Well put it this way if someone created a really good robot outfit for me in Spandex it would probably look and feel very good,and its figure hugging enough and just restrictive enough to be quite good for a robot suit as well.Obviously I would prefer something metal(lic) but there is then the problem of weight to some extent,well unless someone was clever enough to create a suit out of a lightweight but strong metal anyway!
Personally I think spandex would make a good body suit to 'build' the robot outfit on top of,it could take away that 'human touch' while giving the chance to create a really good metal robot outfit without needing to 'weld' it to the human body.This way you would get the smooth robot lines of shiny metal while not having the metal rubbing directly against flesh which if you found a sharp edge say might be a problem.And of course spandex is good for long term wear,which rubber isnt!
I'm just a 'girl' who wants to become a fembot whats wrong with that?

xerxes31415

Post by xerxes31415 » Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:55 am

I'm a pretty big fan of spandex, and I'm a very big fan of latex. The only thing I could think of to connect the fetishes, is the imagery of something artificial. Like a person wearing a tight blue latex catsuit looks manmade or artificial, and being aritificial and manmade does connect to robots. Now I do know that this doesn't apply to everyone, because different people have different reasons to be in a fetish, but it's an interesting thing to note.
Spandex is also like this, but to a lesser degree. Spandex is and therefore still looks like a cloth, while latex is perfectly smooth and gives that desired look.

ratbot

Post by ratbot » Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:35 am

rubber fetish is cute but not my thing

tinyspider

Post by tinyspider » Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:27 am

Looks more like the person who wrote the article sees a relationship between ASFR and spandex though...

:roll: I personally don't like spandex at all...

keraptis

Post by keraptis » Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:21 pm

fuzzz wrote:I'm a pretty big fan of spandex, and I'm a very big fan of latex. The only thing I could think of to connect the fetishes, is the imagery of something artificial. Like a person wearing a tight blue latex catsuit looks manmade or artificial, and being aritificial and manmade does connect to robots. Now I do know that this doesn't apply to everyone, because different people have different reasons to be in a fetish, but it's an interesting thing to note.
Spandex is also like this, but to a lesser degree. Spandex is and therefore still looks like a cloth, while latex is perfectly smooth and gives that desired look.
I definitely agree with the above ... though for me at least, spandex is actually nicer than latex ... latex is more likely to bunch up and create "jagged edges" on the human form, and latex is a little more sticky to the touch. I like the slippery feel of spandex much better.

Doctor Robo
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation

spandex

Post by Doctor Robo » Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:47 pm

I'd have to agree. I always imagine a mind controlled woman wearing silver spandex to simulate metallic skin as if she was really a robot...

barakuda
Technosexuality: Built

leather is it

Post by barakuda » Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:41 am

I like Spandex some. But i like Leather the most. love short Leather skirt with nice knee or higher stilleto boots. but PVC or some shiny gold ,silver lame or how ever you spell is nice too..

DrFranklin

3 allied fetishes of robot fetish

Post by DrFranklin » Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:04 am

I'd say that the 3 fetishes that best relate to fembot central are:

Alien / Superhuman women
Mind Control
physical perfection.

For me, the model and the pose is more important than the fabric. For spandex fetishests I'd think that the fabric is more important.

keraptis

Re: 3 allied fetishes of robot fetish

Post by keraptis » Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:18 am

DrFranklin wrote:I'd say that the 3 fetishes that best relate to fembot central are:

Alien / Superhuman women
Mind Control
physical perfection.

For me, the model and the pose is more important than the fabric. For spandex fetishests I'd think that the fabric is more important.
Great analysis, sounds good to me!

Of course, it's all the better when you have the right fabric AND the right pose. :wink:

MAGNUS

Post by MAGNUS » Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:52 pm

You don't see women walking around in public wearing silver spandex so the very idea of a woman in this kind of outfit would be satisfying enough to quench the robosexual thirst that never stops. We don't have actual robot women so the second best thing would be anything that simulates this fantasy.

There can't be very many things that are associated with fembots like silver spandex that achieve the effect of making women seem like robots. I think silver spandex on a woman only illuminates this possibility of combining the spandex & robot fetishes to simulate female androids.

I would insist, however, that my fembot would have to wear a custom made outfit. This outfit would cover both arms & legs but an open section on her midriff would be essential for viewing her belly button. A flashing light would be inserted into her belly button & in conjunction with the silver spandex outfit this would result in the effect of robotizing the female subject.

The Outer Limits episode Valerie 23 comes to mind at this point. The company that built Valerie only provided her with one outfit which was a white jumpsuit. There are definite advantages in providing your own fembot with one silver spandex outfit. You could save big time on the cost of buying her clothes. She wouldn't require 50 billion fashion accessories & the only exception to this would be providing her with a spare silver suit in case the first one gets ripped or something.

MAGNUS
FROM THE SEA COMES MAGNUS TO FIGHT THE
EVIL ROBOTS WHO ARE THE MASTERS OF MAN

Stephaniebot
Identification: Android

Post by Stephaniebot » Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:48 am

MAGNUS wrote:You don't see women walking around in public wearing silver spandex so the very idea of a woman in this kind of outfit would be satisfying enough to quench the robosexual thirst that never stops. We don't have actual robot women so the second best thing would be anything that simulates this fantasy.

There can't be very many things that are associated with fembots like silver spandex that achieve the effect of making women seem like robots. I think silver spandex on a woman only illuminates this possibility of combining the spandex & robot fetishes to simulate female androids.

I would insist, however, that my fembot would have to wear a custom made outfit. This outfit would cover both arms & legs but an open section on her midriff would be essential for viewing her belly button. A flashing light would be inserted into her belly button & in conjunction with the silver spandex outfit this would result in the effect of robotizing the female subject.

The Outer Limits episode Valerie 23 comes to mind at this point. The company that built Valerie only provided her with one outfit which was a white jumpsuit. There are definite advantages in providing your own fembot with one silver spandex outfit. You could save big time on the cost of buying her clothes. She wouldn't require 50 billion fashion accessories & the only exception to this would be providing her with a spare silver suit in case the first one gets ripped or something.

MAGNUS
I absolutely agree with Magnus,a well made and well designed silver spandex suit for a female 'robot' would certainly present to the world the perfect robot body image,though I can see a few 'problems' headwise at least.The body 'cast' in silver from neck to toe is very easily achievable, and maybe a barcode or something across the chest/breasts would only heighten the effect,maybe down one of the thighs as well?
His personal custom suit,wouldnt the spandex lose some of its grip if there was an open section in the midriff,therefore losing the desired tightness of the suit,after all it should be like a robots skin almost,rather than simply a suit? I adore the idea of a flashing light in the belly button as it would give the image of an activated robot,even if hidden under the suit.I think 1 or maybe even 2 in the neck area (or indeed forehead) would be very good as well but unfortunately we dont come with 'natural holes' to place them in,unlike the belly button one.

One 'little' snag with the 1 silver spandex suit theory,its called hygiene! Unless you can find a way to launder both the suit and the 'fembot' inside it without removal then 1 suit isnt going to be enough.Unless you are actually going to turn her into a robot that is! :)
Also unless she is never going to leave the home(?) there is the climate situation unless you live somewhere where the temperature is pretty much the same all year round.I suspect a heavier weave suit would be needed in winter in many places to keep the fembot at an operating temperature.And as said you would need more than 1 suit for emergencies anyway.I personally suspect that about 6 'warm season' suits would be needed and maybe 3 or 4 'winter' ones as well if the fembot was to remain in this state.
The other things flap wise in the suit would need to be crotch and rear openings to enable the human fembot to do toilet duties unless actual robotisation makes these needs no longer necessary.

Now that covers the robot from neck to toe but as I said the head area is a problem if you want to create the true robot image.It wouldnt be tricky for the suit to cover her hair (assuming she keeps her natural hair?) but then the fembot is bald which maybe some would like,but I suspect many others would want her with flowing locks (or at least some).I suppose shaving the head and wearing a high quality wig over the suit is an option for this.
Then the real fun,the face.If you get a full cover suit then allowances have to be made for her to see clearly,and probably more importantly eat and drink.Breathing through spandex I wouldnt foresee as a problem.
Non full face would presumably require silver face paint to be worn at all times,but would at least solve on vision and food/drink situation.In this case silver contact lenses (either clear or prescription in case of short sighted bots like me!) would be a strong asset as well.

Maybe 'long term' hypnosis or similar could be used to heighten the robotised state of the fembots mind,I suspect someone like me would soon slip totally into the robot life,but I still wouldnt mind 'some additional control' being applied that way.

Currently this seems about the most likely way of creating your own fembot,though I suspect in 20 years time (or maybe less) fembot companions will be widely available.I equally wouldnt be surprised if within 50 years female human volunteers will become 'fembots' either on highly paid 5-10 year contracts or indeed permanently as well.

Doesnt help us currently though!Magnus,I love your concept and done well its a life I personally would love.Would definitely love the mind to be controlled at least to some extent through hypnosis,subliminal messaging or some other 'nice' method to ensure I stayed a robot though :wink:
I'm just a 'girl' who wants to become a fembot whats wrong with that?