Curious discovery ... and a poll

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.

Do you have a spandex fetish?

Yes, gotta admit I love girls in spandex
66%
No, it doesn't do anything special for me
34%

Total votes : 47

Curious discovery ... and a poll

Postby keraptis » Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:54 pm

I was browsing through Wikipedia and came to the entry on robot fetishism:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robot_fetishism

I couldn't help but notice that there is a direct link from the robot fetishism entry to the spandex fetishism entry. I don't know if these relationships are defined manually by Wikipedia's contributors / editors, or if they are generated automatically, sort of like what Amazon.com does. (I suspect the former.)

But anyway, I found it interesting that somebody feels there is a relation, or at least a correlation, between ASFR and spandex fetishism. I have to say my own fantasies incorporate almost equal parts of both ... which should be obvious from "The Offer" and "Upgrade."

I'm just curious to see, how many other people here would say they have a "thing" for girls in spandex?

Postby CherryKiss » Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:33 pm

spandex...yum! not as yum as hose and tights, but still yum :)

I gotta admit...

Postby code_author » Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:07 pm

Spandex, Latex, PVCex; all of those ...ex's are nice things, even gortex if done right could probably turn some heads.
The other direct link at Wickopedia is Rubber fetishism... I have to draw the line somewhere, condoms just don't do anything for me. :lol:

Code

ehy

Postby ehy » Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:29 pm

I like it, but not fetishisticly, and I don't think it has anything to do with robots for me - it just looks good.

On some people.

Postby Stephaniebot » Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:16 pm

Well put it this way if someone created a really good robot outfit for me in Spandex it would probably look and feel very good,and its figure hugging enough and just restrictive enough to be quite good for a robot suit as well.Obviously I would prefer something metal(lic) but there is then the problem of weight to some extent,well unless someone was clever enough to create a suit out of a lightweight but strong metal anyway!
Personally I think spandex would make a good body suit to 'build' the robot outfit on top of,it could take away that 'human touch' while giving the chance to create a really good metal robot outfit without needing to 'weld' it to the human body.This way you would get the smooth robot lines of shiny metal while not having the metal rubbing directly against flesh which if you found a sharp edge say might be a problem.And of course spandex is good for long term wear,which rubber isnt!
I'm just a 'girl' who wants to become a fembot whats wrong with that?

xerxes31415

Postby xerxes31415 » Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:55 am

I'm a pretty big fan of spandex, and I'm a very big fan of latex. The only thing I could think of to connect the fetishes, is the imagery of something artificial. Like a person wearing a tight blue latex catsuit looks manmade or artificial, and being aritificial and manmade does connect to robots. Now I do know that this doesn't apply to everyone, because different people have different reasons to be in a fetish, but it's an interesting thing to note.
Spandex is also like this, but to a lesser degree. Spandex is and therefore still looks like a cloth, while latex is perfectly smooth and gives that desired look.

Postby ratbot » Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:35 am

rubber fetish is cute but not my thing

Postby tinyspider » Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:27 am

Looks more like the person who wrote the article sees a relationship between ASFR and spandex though...

:roll: I personally don't like spandex at all...

Postby keraptis » Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:21 pm

fuzzz wrote:I'm a pretty big fan of spandex, and I'm a very big fan of latex. The only thing I could think of to connect the fetishes, is the imagery of something artificial. Like a person wearing a tight blue latex catsuit looks manmade or artificial, and being aritificial and manmade does connect to robots. Now I do know that this doesn't apply to everyone, because different people have different reasons to be in a fetish, but it's an interesting thing to note.
Spandex is also like this, but to a lesser degree. Spandex is and therefore still looks like a cloth, while latex is perfectly smooth and gives that desired look.

I definitely agree with the above ... though for me at least, spandex is actually nicer than latex ... latex is more likely to bunch up and create "jagged edges" on the human form, and latex is a little more sticky to the touch. I like the slippery feel of spandex much better.

spandex

Postby Doctor Robo » Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:47 pm

I'd have to agree. I always imagine a mind controlled woman wearing silver spandex to simulate metallic skin as if she was really a robot...

Next

Return to Discussion