Your ideal fembot is..........

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.

I would consider my ideal fembot...

a companion
63%
a toy
37%

Total votes: 87

phantom-x

Your ideal fembot is..........

Post by phantom-x » Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:55 pm

Just thought this poll might start something......it was something i was thinking of the other day and figured i'd throw it out for discussion

Stephaniebot
Technosexuality: Transformation
Identification: Android

Post by Stephaniebot » Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:46 pm

I suppose I look at it from a different attitude but my 'dream scenario' for life as a fembot is in doing something beneficial for mankind.Alright some would say an obedient sex-bot would be of benefit............!
My dream as a fembot is to be of real benefit,say in something like the medical field where a nurse could work non stop for far more hours than a human nurse could (especially if she could be charged while on duty) or more importantly as a surgeon who could work continuously and accurately for extreme long periods of time.
Of course thats not to say it wouldnt be fun to be turned into a sex-bot, maybe for the 1st time in my life I would have a genuine sex drive then! Albeit a programmed one!
I'm just a 'girl' who wants to become a fembot whats wrong with that?

zerodin

Re:

Post by zerodin » Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:55 am

I'd say both companion AND toy.

xerxes31415

Post by xerxes31415 » Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:38 pm

Yeah, I'd have to agree with zerodin. I'd want a fembot as both, and possibly other options when the want arises.

Saotome Kazuya

Post by Saotome Kazuya » Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:33 pm

I personally would want one as a companion. I think that if she is intelligent enough and is sentient that she should be a equal and not just some mere machine. But to each their own.

xandimouse

it's like being a kid again!

Post by xandimouse » Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:06 pm

I used to think about the phrase..."If i was a robot"

I'm older now, and know that would be 'fembot' but...

I'm a fan of the chobits series (yeah, how sappy!) and i like the idea of persocoms.
I also like Steph's idea of the nurse, etc....but that gives way to a whole buncha what-ifs, and the necessary 'on the fly' thinking drs have to do. SOmetimes what they do isn't by the book.

But for a simple computing humanoid device, it would have to be a companion....because we already have computers for toys. Why build something human like as a toy? Yeah, gettin it on with the bot would be rad, but, wouldn't you like to have someone there that's programmed to do more than just boink like a bunny?

;)
Hungry for the fall,
I greet the pit.
Blind Savage
Cursing Life.
Yet, at the moment of my final step
the hands and golden chains are given.
Bidding me
that which can not be deprived:
The bonds of trust and unity,
till the end.

ehy
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation
Identification: Human

Post by ehy » Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:41 pm

Saotome Kazuya: I tend to agree that something intelligent and sentient should be considered an equal, or at least more than a toy, but I think you may be approaching the question backwards. You're assuming there just *is* an intelligent and sentient fembot. But there won't *be* one unless someone decides to build it, and they'll have a reason in mind for doing it. I think we'll find that no reason humanity will have for building an android will require sentience.

xandimouse: You point out that "we already have computers for toys." I'll counter that we already have people for companions. And before computers, we had lots of other things for toys; it didn't stop us from inventing new toys with new capabilities.

(Neither of these comments is intended to say anything specific about either of you; you're just the most recent to express those ideas so I'm picking on you. It's nothing personal.)

I guess this is a recurring discussion (and I probably start it many times) but it's just something I never really understand. As a fantasy, sure, fantasies don't have to make sense, but if you're thinking about some maybe-possible reality... I just don't see building new people when it's easier and more fun to make them the old-fashioned way, and there's already a huge surplus (I'm talking about orphans, not China!).

For me, give me an android toy to play with. I don't care if she can't have philosophical discussions, or enjoy a movie, or feel love; I have friends and sometimes a girlfriend for that. Those are people things. But I'll buy a woman-shaped machine to do my chores without expecting me to help, look hot and not decide she doesn't feel like dressing up today, and let me screw her any way I want to, with as much or as little romance or foreplay as I'm in the mood for. That's the kind of thing a machine is for.

phantom-x

Post by phantom-x » Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:12 pm

I have to agree with ehy on this.........If i wanted a companion i'd just get a girlfriend. I don't want to argue with a fembot, i just want it to be ready at all times for whatever i want it to do. So needless to say, it having real emotions and feelings are not necessary........not to mention it will help keep the cost down!

tectile

Post by tectile » Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:11 am

I got to agree with EHY and phantome here.
I want my fembot to be nothing more than a beautiful obedient toy. (Insert maniacal laugh here).

Bigcoyote

Post by Bigcoyote » Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:13 am

For my private use - definetly a toy.

The Collector
Banned

Post by The Collector » Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:20 am

Can one vote both? This is a fembot after all, whos to say it can't be programmed to be one or the other on command?
There's always time to collect!

fection

Post by fection » Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:01 am

I'm not sure I'd like to own a fembot at all. What appeals to me is the fantasy of this beautiful machine failing to appear human. And partly there's something about a woman 'really pretending' to be a machine as well. But that's not to say I wouldn't be curious if the opportunity arose.

Post by 1001011001 » Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:23 pm

For me, it would be a toy. I could never see myself developing the type of strong emotional bonds that would exist for a companion and at the most, it would be a strong sentimental attachment sort of like one has for his classic car. Would I be deeply upset if she were to suffer irrepairable damage and have to be scrapped? Sure, but I can't see myself truly mourning the loss as I would over a close friend or relative who dies.

Besides, the 'toy' aspect in my mind allows me to do things to her that I wouldn't bring myself to do to a companion.

droidlvr
Banned

Object

Post by droidlvr » Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:02 pm

I'm with those who lean towards seeing an object for what it is; an object.
To me,that's what this ASFR thing is all about: a hetro fantasy for the female object so that you and I CAN DO ONTO this object what you CAN'T do onto flesh and &1@@).That is all.

DrFranklin

I agree with droidlvr

Post by DrFranklin » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:25 am

Fembots are a control fantasy, a sex object. I also enjoy erotic mind control stories too.

This seems to be a common lesbian fantasy as well. I enjoy Trilby Else & Tabico's stories, which have been referenced on this board.

Mirage
Technosexuality: None of your business

Post by Mirage » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:32 am

Must be a companion for me....

If I want a toy, I got all my transformers collection to play with! (none sexually, of course... Sick bastards...)(L)

Mirage

keraptis

Re: I agree with droidlvr

Post by keraptis » Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:43 am

DrFranklin wrote:Fembots are a control fantasy, a sex object. I also enjoy erotic mind control stories too.

This seems to be a common lesbian fantasy as well. I enjoy Trilby Else & Tabico's stories, which have been referenced on this board.
True, and I too am a big fan of those authors. (FYI Trilby is a guy, but Tabico is a woman.) But lots of times the mind-controlled women in those stories act like companions, too. In other words sometimes they end up acting like mindless drones but sometimes they end up simply having their allegiances turned while still able to behave somewhat normally.

I like the idea of a robot who acts like a loyal companion and best friend, and consciously / happily accepts that part of her role is submitting without question to whatever my whims might be. :)

droidlvr
Banned

companion?

Post by droidlvr » Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:50 am

Hopefully my last point on this: females have their sex toys,(an accepted virtually ubiquitous part of feminine sexuality) we guys should at least have the ability to imagine one for us. It never fails to amaze me on how it's universally accepted,even expected that one sex can have masturbatory aids while the other can't. A synthetic female for a companion? Not me,might as well find a "real" one for that matter.

amandabot

Post by amandabot » Sat Aug 20, 2005 8:26 am

definatly TOY is part of it. Companion fits too and I would be a larger part.

rs5420
Technosexuality: Built

Post by rs5420 » Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:29 pm

A toy for me.

Maybe she'll be gorgeous and could fool anyone about her true nature, but she'll stay a machine to my eyes and nothing more.

GZ02

Post by GZ02 » Sun Aug 21, 2005 5:55 pm

As above. If the technology existed right now and there were companies out there that were actually building these things, I couldn't see them as more than very sophisticated toys. Even models that would be custom-built, with 'unique' personalities, mannerisms, wardrobe etc. would be essentially domestic appliances, not much more, and probably advertised as such.

But that's the thing that appeals to me - a machine that looks and acts like a woman but essentially does not have the 'consciousness' to understand she is one. She is a object in the shape of a woman.

Like a few of the posts above, if I wanted a companion, I'd get a real girlfriend. Someone with their own interests, wants, needs, opinions and so on. To me, you just simply cannot form that bond with a machine. It's just wrong in my eyes - no matter how clever the simulation. And I could never treat a woman like that at all, unless she says so.

On the upside, there are some advantages, an ever-ready sexual partner at your command being a definite one. She'll keep the place spotless, never burn the roast, always make the bed, never get sick and will do anything to please you. Who knows, maybe she would be made in such a way that she could morph into a comfortable easy chair or bed and move from room to room so you'd never have to get up. She could work on the car, perhaps have attatchments for vaccumming or for mowing the lawn or shovelling the driveway. She would dress differently depending on the time of day in accordance to your wishes and have your breakfast, lunch and dinner done and ready at just the right time.

I'd personally like my first encounter to be like an introduction where the dealership would bring a pre-selected model over with everything ready to go from there.

But, as I said, she would only be an appliance, built solely to help and please, being a machine. I don't see anything like a truly sentinent artificial being seeing the light of day in my lifetime as that isn't part of the fantasy for me anyway. 'Nuff said.

DollSpace

Post by DollSpace » Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:09 pm

rs5420 wrote:Maybe she'll be gorgeous and could fool anyone about her true nature, but she'll stay a machine to my eyes and nothing more.
:( I regularly "fool" everyone about my true nature and I believe I'm loved and accepted as a human in most of my relationships. I do consider myself a toy (moreso at different times) but...I'm a companion, not just a machine! I mean, I know my name is spelled Ryn, but if you spell it Rin (in Romaji), one of the meanings is "companion". I am a companion bot. XD
GZ02 wrote:As above. If the technology existed right now and there were companies out there that were actually building these things, I couldn't see them as more than very sophisticated toys. Even models that would be custom-built, with 'unique' personalities, mannerisms, wardrobe etc. would be essentially domestic appliances, not much more, and probably advertised as such.
I am not a domestic appliance! It's like calling me a toaster! If you drop a toaster and break it, that toaster doesn't feel pain, doesn't feel hurt (unless it's the toaster from "Red Dwarf" :D ), but I would, and I do. Does it make me any less of a person (notice I didn't say human...yet) because I'm made of chips and wires or gears and cogs instead of flesh and bone and get my energy from charging a battery or winding a key instead of food? I tell you, I feel "real" emotions the best I can, and sometimes I really wish I couldn't... :cry:

Anyway, I recognise everyone has their own opinions on this, and since most of you will probably never meet me in real life, well...I'll let everyone go back to their imaginations now! :wink: And relax, I'm not really offended by what anyone has said; I'm just providing an alternate viewpoint. :)

*hugs to all*
Rynnie

GZ02

Post by GZ02 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:58 pm

Sorry, rynchan, I didn't mean to offend. I was only generalizing - but that's my honest opinion. :wink:

Stephaniebot

Post by Stephaniebot » Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:24 am

Ryn,
I second your feelings on the matter.Trouble is I suppose our 'creation' was so perfect they dont realise that we arent humans!Just in my case they forgot to put in the 'human sex emotion simulation' package I think!

Ironically work has cottoned on to the real me,my nickname there is 'The Robot',what flattery!

As I said earlier in the thread I would love to be reprogrammed in a really useful role in the medical field or something similar,but unfortunately I seem to have been left to cope as I am.
I'm just a 'girl' who wants to become a fembot whats wrong with that?

A.N.N.
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation

Interesting Poll

Post by A.N.N. » Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:50 pm

I voted for TOY, though I could see my vote going either way depending on circumstances. For instance, I'm very happily married, and my wife is already my perfect companion. So I wouldn't need another companion. I wouldn't be able to commit or support another companion.

BUT, if I wasn't happily with someone, I could see myself wishing for a companion, fembot or real woman.

"Don't you think that you need somebody,
Don't you think that you need someone,
Everybody needs somebody,
You're not the only one..."
-- G'N'R
A.N.N.