Capturing Images from a DVR

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
Doctor Robo
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation
Identification: Human

Capturing Images from a DVR

Post by Doctor Robo » Wed Feb 18, 2004 5:36 pm

I have some shows that I have recorded from the TV onto my DVR, and I was wondering if anyone knows how they can be transferred to my PC so I can capture some pics/vids and post them. Any thoughts on this?

Bart
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Android

Post by Bart » Wed Feb 18, 2004 7:32 pm

Does the DVR have a composite video / audio out connector (cinch/RCA)? Yellow one for video, red and white are for audio. If it has, you could connect it to a tv tuner card. I have a cheap Pinnacle PCTV Rave, it's only mono but it's ok for me to watch TV on my computer. Like mine, most TV tuner cards have a composite and a SVHS input. (SVHS for better video quality but i feel ok with composite - when compressing the quality advances get lost anyway).

With the bundled software you should be able to capture video (at least MPEG1) and grab screenshots.

I think a TV tuner card is about $30 (not sure about that, I'm in Europe here...).

If you have a VIVO (video in/video out) graphics card like an "ATi All in Wonder", you don't even need an extra tuner. There are USB TV tuners around as well but i dont think they work very good (just a generic prejudice on USB devices :wink: )

Hope it helps :roll:
This post was generated by automated means and is therefore valid without a signature.

andoroido
Technosexuality: Built

Post by andoroido » Thu Feb 19, 2004 12:15 am

I myself have a USB capture device from Pinnacle. It only captures at 240x320 pixels, but this is good enough for me. It was cheap and easy to install, although it does have startup troubles when I try to capture about half the time.

Quite a few of the ASFR videos that have been shared last year over Kazaa were captured that way.

andoroido

Doctor Robo
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation

Post by Doctor Robo » Tue Feb 24, 2004 4:44 pm

Thank you for the information. I'll check into it and let you know if/when it works...

- Doc