Life with Robots

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
MrPassable
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

Life with Robots

Post by MrPassable » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:05 am

What is your take on the future if Robots are given free will and start actually get jobs and be a differemt race entirely?

Will Humanity be obsolete to our own creation? Will there be Robot to Human Discrimination? How does Religion take on this? Will we be in Unity or we will be Alienated in terms of relationship towards other societies?

Just a philisophical dump thought

txsailor47
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

Re: Life with Robots

Post by txsailor47 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:59 am

I do not see robots becoming self aware for a really, really, long time if ever. Having said that I do believe that algorithms can be created to emulate a sentient being. I think ultimately they would still pretty much have to have some kind of direction from outside to maintain motivation to act. If one were to be left home alone for too long it would wind down, even with software prompts to take action around the house, it would eventually get to a point where it would go about the house to check on chores and finding everything done and return to an idle state.

In the company of humans this would not be the case, the constant input and motivation to interact would keep them quite alive. In a lot of ways, this really isn't that much different from humans. When we are left alone for too long, we tend to wind down into a depression.

A robot assigned a complex project to perform autonomously would be a different story. The requirement to perform the task successfully would be a strong motivator and the emulation would continue to seem quite self aware.

Regarding the moral issues you brought up here:

1) I do think that there will definitely be competition for jobs, we are probably on the cusp of that happening and will see that more and more. Will we become obsolete? No, I don't think so. I think we will see a divide in society, those that are served by the robots and those that keep them going. The served will consist of the extremely rich and the extremely poor as robots are assigned to provide for them.

2)Sure there will be discrimination. Robots will be considered to be a lower cast of society, they are not human after all. Even if they become fully self aware and sentient, I think they will still be regarded as less, much as we think of a dog or a cat now. Of course, dogs and cats have a lot of rights now days, so I can see a time when abuse of a sentient robot will be prohibited.

3) Religion? I don't think they will have any issues with robots. They are not human and thus would be considered without a soul. They will have an issue with so many of them being used for sexual gratification though.

4) I am not sure what you mean about the unity issue. If you are asking will the robot and human adapt a stand off or separatist attitude toward each other? Then I would think not based on the concepts I have outlined here. They will need us to continue to exist.

These are just my thoughts based on what I actually would expect to see in the next hundred years. If I am wrong on one small point, then all of my conclusions would tumble accordingly.