Inclusion of Other Fetishes in ASFR - Turn Ons

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.

What other fetishes do you like seeing elements of in works of ASFR?

None - any secondary focus dilutes my enjoyment of the ASFR aspects
2%
Submission/Dominance (either direction)
22%
Bimbo (e.g. oversized breasts, vacuous personality, etc.)
11%
Latex
17%
High-Heels
14%
Foot Fetish
8%
Smoking
1%
Faux-Incest
4%
Overweight/BBW
3%
TS/Shemale
7%
Furry
3%
Other (Please comment below!)
6%

Total votes : 126

Inclusion of Other Fetishes in ASFR - Turn Ons

Postby D.Olivaw » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:06 pm

There's been a fair amount of discussion of ASFR itself and its various manifestations over the years. Built vs. Transformed, malfunction vs. repair vs. more subtle elements, and so on. That's all well and good; introspection never hurt anyone, and it's certainly interesting to explore why we enjoy this rather rare and peculiar kink.

I'm curious, though, about something that I haven't seen discussed before, which is how elements of other fetishes tend to show up in ASFR stories and artwork more often than I observe to be the case in other fetish erotica.

So have at it with the poll; you can select as many options as you like. Note that this is not asking merely whether you have any other fetishes, but whether there are any you specifically like to see show up in an ASFR context. I've made the list based on what I've personally seen show up on FC, but it's hardly comprehensive and people should feel free to comment with any I missed.
Last edited by D.Olivaw on Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"So through endless twilights I dreamed and waited, though I knew not what I waited for. Then in the shadowy solitude my longing for light grew so frantic that I could rest no more, and I lifted entreating hands to the single black ruined tower that reached above the forest into the unknown outer sky. And at last I resolved to scale that tower, fall though I might; since it were better to glimpse the sky and perish, than to live without ever beholding day. " – H. P. Lovecraft

User avatarRobotman
Fembot Central Staff

Re: Inclusion of Other Fetishes in ASFR

Postby Robotman » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:16 pm

I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict that latex will be popular. ;)

Postby D.Olivaw » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:21 pm

Robotman wrote:I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict that latex will be popular. ;)

Yes, that would seem likely from how often in shows up in stories and images, but part of the reason for the poll rather than just asking it as a question is because I've observed that more people will click a poll than will de-lurk to announce their odd sexual preferences to all and sundry :lol:

I'm curious, in other words, to see if the distribution of interest among the wider audience matches what the providers and more vocal community members, myself included, like, or if there's some interesting divergence.
"So through endless twilights I dreamed and waited, though I knew not what I waited for. Then in the shadowy solitude my longing for light grew so frantic that I could rest no more, and I lifted entreating hands to the single black ruined tower that reached above the forest into the unknown outer sky. And at last I resolved to scale that tower, fall though I might; since it were better to glimpse the sky and perish, than to live without ever beholding day. " – H. P. Lovecraft

User avatarKishin
Fembot Central Staff

Postby Kishin » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:26 pm

It's almost preferable to ask what sub-facets of the fetish people enjoy and poll that. Faceplate removal, open panel removal, malfunction, disassembly, pause mode, monotone speech, etc. etc.
:faceoff:
"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today. But the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all." - Isaac Asimov

Postby D.Olivaw » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:34 pm

Kishin wrote:It's almost preferable to ask what sub-facets of the fetish people enjoy and poll that. Faceplate removal, open panel removal, malfunction, disassembly, pause mode, monotone speech, etc. etc.
:faceoff:

I figured I'd do that once this poll has run its course. Definitely also of interest.

Postby Stephaniebot » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:30 am

Well, yes, latex is going to be popular, as lets face it, in terms of practicality, its the closest you can get to a robot look, in a human body, especially silver latex. Given part of the thing for me is the whole being programmed/commanded thing, I had to vote for the submission option too.

As a modest standard actress, I'll be intrigued to see the results of the second poll too. Not that faceplate removal, or open panel is easy to do on what is currently a human body, but I'm sure studios could get some sort of work around, without the need for CGI? Not that at 60, I'm likely to be playing any robots any more, for anyone's delight, but definitely curious
I'm just a 'girl' who wants to become a fembot whats wrong with that?

Postby smalk » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:26 am

Personally, none of the options listed, not even latex.

I'm more interested in (believable) malfunctions and repairs, with robot girls aware and talking of their nature.

User avatarRobotman
Fembot Central Staff

Postby Robotman » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:55 am

I was thinking a bit more about this, and I think it might be worth putting up an opposite poll - fetishes which are a turn off when mixed with ASFR. The big one that comes to mind for me is the whole "Dominance/Submissive" thing, which every psych major and so-called journalist seem to insist are integral to a sexual interest in robots. All that dom/sub stuff is a massive turn off for me. Whenever I see it, it ranges from ridiculous to disgusting, so I can't imagine how it could possibly be integral to wanting a robot shaped like a woman.

Other fetishes that are instant turn offs for me are the recently (and bafflingly) popular incest craze. Like, WTF? I've also had an ex girlfriend with a rape fetish, and an actual Nazi fetish. No way and no way.

Back to the original poll, even though BBW was an option, I didn't select it. I'm finding myself less attracted to plump fembots these days, though I still appreciate a big shapely booty. ;) My new side-kink seems to be fembots with dicks, so who knows how long that will last.

Also, D.Olivaw, you might want to include "feet" in the list of other fetishes. I'm definitely not a fan myself, but many, many people are.

Postby Kano » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:38 am

My other: I'm very particular about clothing. I really, really enjoy uniforms such as flight attendants, hostess-type uniforms, cheerleaders & geishas. As far as regular clothes, I like businesswomen, secretaries, teachers and office wear such as blouses (satin is a plus) with skirts. Lingerie, satin pjs & short robes with high heels are nice. Pantyhose are usually a must to me. My biggest fembot influences are from the 70s, so I really love 70s style clothes, hair and makeup. Sundresses, long & short or jumpsuits with high heel sandals are my personal modern homage to 70s wear. I would love nothing more than to see some of my favorite females in a fembot movie with todays special efx but set in the 70s! For some reason I absolutley hate red nail polish! Usually natural or french manicure. I prefer a variety of fembots because my favorite scenerio is the surprise factor. Not the dumb bimbo obvious type. I like every race, from 18 to 60s, thin to BBW. Plain to gorgeous. Sorry, no ugly fembots. LOL I always imagine when I see "imperfections" on a human that it was the designers actually trying to add more realism to fool everyone, LOL.

User avatarRobotman
Fembot Central Staff

Postby Robotman » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:52 am

Uniform clothing (especially lingerie) and makeup are big ones for me too, thanks for mentioning them.

Next

Return to Discussion