Why does Google Image search suck so fucking bad now?

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
Extyr
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

Re: Why does Google Image search suck so fucking bad now?

Post by Extyr » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:23 am

Google also disabled hotlinking to images. You can't just click on the thumbnail and get the full resolution. No you have to go on the website and try to find the picture among all the crap you don't care about, which is particularly bad for pinterest.

Saya
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Android

Post by Saya » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:44 am

Extyr wrote:Google also disabled hotlinking to images. You can't just click on the thumbnail and get the full resolution. No you have to go on the website and try to find the picture among all the crap you don't care about, which is particularly bad for pinterest.
Not to sound like I'm going up for bat for Google, but you can get around this by right clicking and opening the image in a new tab. It's especially helpful for sites like Printrest and other abominations of web design.
"If the time should ever come when what is now called science, thus familiarized to men, shall be ready to put on, as it were, a form of flesh and blood, the Poet will lend his divine spirit to aid the transfiguration, and will welcome the Being thus produced, as a dear and genuine inmate of the household of man."
- William Wordsworth

jolshefsky
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation

Post by jolshefsky » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:28 pm

DuckDuckGo does about the same as Bing, although '"sci fi" woman table' seems to help a lot ("sci fi" as a phrase.) Google has become a monstrosity that (to anthropomorphize for convenience of writing) it expends so much effort trying to guess what you mean that it doesn't even listen to what you ask.

(Edit: They are also responsible for ruining the word "android", so let's not forget that!!)
May your deeds return to you tenfold,

--- Jason Olshefsky

Lithorien
Technosexuality: None of your business

Post by Lithorien » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:31 am

Robotman wrote:Intel NUC. :|
You're a NUC user too? What's your model - I'm running a Skull Canyon, so it's of interest. :)

Baron

Post by Baron » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:39 am

Robotman wrote:I used to search regularly on Google Image search for stuff to upload to FembotWiki. I haven't done so in a long time because it's become harder and harder to find anything good.

But just now I tried looking for something I could use for a manip idea I had. So I tried entering the search terms scifi woman table into Google. This is what it came up with.

The first thing you'll notice is that it decided to just change what I was searching for. "sci fi" instead of "scifi" and "women" instead of "woman". And look at the results. I don't see a single result with a woman on a table in a scifi setting. In fact most of the images I see don't look like they have anything to do with scifi.

Now take a look at Bing Image search for the terms scifi woman table.

Bing didn't change my search terms. It's mostly scifi images. And yes, there are scifi images of women on tables.

So how the fuck did Google get this bad? The only reason I don't use Bing is because I simply can't. Using Bing Images makes my little internet computer overheat. Way to go, Microsoft.
Didya notice the image that literally said "Women destroy Scifi?" :lol:

Methinks the SJW's that infest so damn much of the 'Web nowadays SPAWN from Google, Facebook, Twitter, etc.

As for your PC having conniption fits from Bing, I do believe good ol' Lycos is still around........ :wink:
Assemble the ladies? I didn't know that they were broken......