What would be the the function for green and red lights...

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
tmc_6882

What would be the the function for green and red lights...

Post by tmc_6882 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:43 am

and red and white wires on a circuit board?

Froggy99
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation
Identification: Human

Re: What would be the the function for green and red lights.

Post by Froggy99 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:22 pm

Well, the wires are color coded for hot-neutral-ground and come from anything plugged into the main circuit board. You see less of it nowdays with more things being solid state, but even glancing in my CPU right now I've got several red-black-white sets running to various places. Mostly nowdays due to fans and pumps, but that wasn't always so.

The lights could be status indicators, or just for visuals. Again, the mainboard in my computer right now has a handful of LED's indicating various things...memory speed, network activity, etc.

*I* put them there because that's how I want it to look in my mind and I don't always worry about why. It reinforces the whole electronic/techy/artificial thing, in my mind. I'm playing with a fantasy here, not trying to build an actual fembot :)

~The Frog

tmc_6882

Post by tmc_6882 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:29 pm

https://www.quora.com/What-would-be-the ... cuit-board
Green lights would typically be used for indicators of subsystems that are operating normally, Red would be used for abnormal or offline conditions.

Red wires are typically used for positive polarity power (paired with black as ground). White is typically used for other voltage levels. Signals would use orange, blue, or grey.

Froggy99
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation
Identification: Human

Post by Froggy99 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:29 pm

Thought you were asking, not quizzing me :wink:

And despite the "real world" answer, as many red lights as our bots tend to have I think we should take better care of them if they represent things that aren't working right.

~The Frog