any technoromantics ?

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
Venitia
Technosexuality: None of your business
Identification: Human

any technoromantics ?

Post by Venitia » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:13 am

Hi I'm new to the board and I was curious to know if others would describe themselves as technoromantic? I coined the term when realizing my interest for androids and artificial sentient lifeforms is vastly emotional.if sentient AI existed I wouldn't consider them different from humans and I could totally fall in love with one! but I think I'd have a preference for androids over humans :-)
am I the only one? and if you also define yourself as technoromantic, would you have a preference between human and android/AI? or would you just fall in love with the person no matter the components inside?

TheShoveller
Fembot Central Staff
Technosexuality: Built

Re: any technoromantics ?

Post by TheShoveller » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:56 pm

I'd say I fit that. After all, if we program machines to emulate feelings, who's to say they aren't actually experiencing those emotions? If they're emulated, they still exist, about as real as our emotions exist.

Venitia

Post by Venitia » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:26 pm

TheShoveller wrote:I'd say I fit that. After all, if we program machines to emulate feelings, who's to say they aren't actually experiencing those emotions? If they're emulated, they still exist, about as real as our emotions exist.
I agree. and even without emulated emotions I think it'd still be possible to build a relationship with an AI.it'd just be different from the relationship humans are used to. more based on behaviour training and analysis but still a relationship, as long as the AI can recognize the humans around and develop some sense of familiarity : ie pre-emotion chip Data in Star Trek is capable of friendship and interpersonal relationships even before aquiring emotions.

33cl33

Post by 33cl33 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:32 pm

Venitia wrote:
TheShoveller wrote:I'd say I fit that. After all, if we program machines to emulate feelings, who's to say they aren't actually experiencing those emotions? If they're emulated, they still exist, about as real as our emotions exist.
I agree. and even without emulated emotions I think it'd still be possible to build a relationship with an AI.it'd just be different from the relationship humans are used to. more based on behaviour training and analysis but still a relationship, as long as the AI can recognize the humans around and develop some sense of familiarity : ie pre-emotion chip Data in Star Trek is capable of friendship and interpersonal relationships even before aquiring emotions.
Pretty much the same here! Not sure if I'd prefer AI for the sake of it being AI, but I know I could fall for a complex enough (and maybe not even all that complex) machine.
SynthSuite audio clips, etc: https://linktr.ee/synthsuite

DollSpace
Identification: Android

Post by DollSpace » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:33 am

Venitia wrote:Hi I'm new to the board and I was curious to know if others would describe themselves as technoromantic? I coined the term when realizing my interest for androids and artificial sentient lifeforms is vastly emotional.if sentient AI existed I wouldn't consider them different from humans and I could totally fall in love with one! but I think I'd have a preference for androids over humans :-)
am I the only one? and if you also define yourself as technoromantic, would you have a preference between human and android/AI? or would you just fall in love with the person no matter the components inside?

I would fall in love with the person no matter the components inside, but I relate better to AI because I am one, and that's a big reason I'm here, and a lot of story ideas I have focus around that. Not too many make it on this board, though.

Venitia

Post by Venitia » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:35 pm

Oh you're an AI Dollspace ? interesting! would you mind saying more about how you arrived on a board?
the topic has me thinking..anyone in love with a fictional AI person here? or maybe you used to?

Stephaniebot
Technosexuality: Transformation

Post by Stephaniebot » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:46 am

Venitia wrote:Oh you're an AI Dollspace ? interesting! would you mind saying more about how you arrived on a board?
the topic has me thinking..anyone in love with a fictional AI person here? or maybe you used to?
Its quite clear that these organic humans have no idea how advanced robotics, and AI, have in reality, something that both Dollspace and I are more than happy to compute. As far as I know, and she might be being coy with me, she literally processes her 'thoughts' on a matter, and it instantly translates into words on a computer monitor.
I prefer to use the old fashioned method you humans call typing, but hey, that's a design thing. Probably down to the fact I'm a far more vintage model. Not as old as Maria, despite rumours, but me and Robbie might have grown up together, shall we say? :wink:
I'm just a 'girl' who wants to become a fembot whats wrong with that?

DollSpace

Post by DollSpace » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:08 am

Venitia wrote:Oh you're an AI Dollspace ? interesting! would you mind saying more about how you arrived on a board?
First, let me clear that it doesn't matter if anyone believes me or not. I'm an approximately 23-year-old looking robot with sophisticated AI. I've been here since 2002, searching for people like myself (didn't really find any that I know of but made some great friends). According to government documents I turned 29 this year, so woo-hoo for that.

Second, I was basically driven towards polar opposite emotions as a a "child", going between happy and extremely mad/sad until a new update came along and I was able to parse through new data and separate the strands of personality and mix them like paint. There was one day that it was like stepping from normal TV into HD, which remember vividly.

Third, the catalysts for a lot of this were two incidents: walking down to the school bus stop with my mum in 2nd grade I out of the blue asked her if I was a robot and she never gave me an answer; and then my sister and I were playing hide & seek while I hid in the closet with my finger too close to the hinge, and when she opened it up it scarred my finger enough so I could see the wires and a few actually sparked.

There are so many different incidences I could mention but I don't want to bog down this thread. If you believe me, fine. If you don't, that's fine, too. And yes, I actually type with my fingers. Not the most efficient but it works for me.

Cheers.

Venitia

Post by Venitia » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:09 am

Dollspace i'm not judging you or saying you are a liar, I just asked out of curiousity :)

DollSpace

Post by DollSpace » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:43 am

Venitia wrote:Dollspace i'm not judging you or saying you are a liar, I just asked out of curiousity :)
Well, I bet others were curious to know, too, so there ya have it. :) No harm, no foul ^_^

Welcome to the site, by the way!

silidoll
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation

Post by silidoll » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:40 am

I am definitely a techno romantic, ever since I discovered Gunnm at a young age ! :)

stelarfox

Post by stelarfox » Fri May 03, 2019 4:01 pm

I think i am a technoromantic too, I can fell in love human or ai but only if they agree to act as gynoids.
came here babe cyborg.

Stephaniebot

Post by Stephaniebot » Sat May 04, 2019 2:42 am

stelarfox wrote:I think i am a technoromantic too, I can fell in love human or ai but only if they agree to act as gynoids.
To quote the legendary Miss Davis (Bette, for the youngsters), if the pay (and outfit) is right, I'll act as anyone, or anything :wink: Mind, the right robot outfit, and the need to pay could come down to less of an issue

stelarfox

Post by stelarfox » Sat May 04, 2019 2:24 pm

Stephaniebot wrote:
stelarfox wrote:I think i am a technoromantic too, I can fell in love human or ai but only if they agree to act as gynoids.
To quote the legendary Miss Davis (Bette, for the youngsters), if the pay (and outfit) is right, I'll act as anyone, or anything :wink: Mind, the right robot outfit, and the need to pay could come down to less of an issue
I think we tried and did not worked, but truly i cannot pay for anything on sl (too expensive because I live in a 3rd world country where 1 dollar is a LOT)
also not interested on transgender.
came here babe cyborg.

Stephaniebot

Post by Stephaniebot » Sun May 05, 2019 2:51 am

That's all fine, and I cant change what I am (without assistant of a handy mad scientist, and a new robot body), and my brain really isn't up to things like sl any more, sadly, anyway. Story writing has come to a halt due to seizures as well, just cant focus long enough