Fan casting a female RoboCop

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
Sentient6
Technosexuality: Transformation
Identification: Human

Fan casting a female RoboCop

Post by Sentient6 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:08 pm

Hey, everyone. So I'm hearing that a new RoboCop movie is in the works, to be directed by Neill Blomkamp. There really aren't any other details available yet, other than that they're making this a sequel to the first movie that writes everything else out of continuity (and I think the original screenwriters are on board).

So I'm wondering, are they really gonna get 71-year-old Peter Weller to suit up again? It seems potentially doubtful, and re-casting Murphy might be sacrilege to some. So who knows, maybe they'll introduce an entirely new RoboCop into the story?

Not trying to get anyone's hopes up about the possibility of an official female RoboCop; this is all just speculation/wishful thinking.

That said, who would you like to see cast as a female RoboCop? Keeping in mind things like acting ability (particularly the kind needed for such a character, which Weller's specific skillset and stoicism was perfect for), athleticism to deal with robomoving in the costume so much, and, yes, height to maintain that intimidation factor (I know you're not gonna find that many actresses to match Weller's 6 ft, but I figure at least get someone 5'7" or taller).

One of my top picks might be Charlize Theron. Damn good actress and she has plenty of action credentials at this point.

Cate Blanchette could be good as well. She's pushing 50, but that didn't seem to be holding her back in Thor Ragnarok.

Gwendolyn Christie is probably the default winner in the height contest and Emily Deschanel could probably pull of the cold, stoic persona well from what I know, but I have also seen very little that either of them have been in (basically just Star Wars for Christie; I've only seen the first season of Game of Thrones in which she is not present).

Anyway, curious to see what people think.

Sentient6

Re: Fan casting a female RoboCop

Post by Sentient6 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:13 pm

I'd be super into Noomi Rapace in the role too, but she's only 5'4" so I dunno =(

Spaz
Fembot Central Staff
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation

Post by Spaz » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:08 pm

How about Gina Carano? She did a pretty bad ass job in Almost Human.

http://www.fembotwiki.com/index.php?tit ... nd_-_1080p
Check out my stories: https://www.fembotwiki.com/index.php?title=User:Spaz

Current story status: The Small Business Chronicles: Season Two | The Doctor is in - The Clinic (In progress...)

Sentient6

Post by Sentient6 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:58 pm

Never saw Almost Human. I wasn't overly impressed with her acting in Haywire, but you could pick worse.

I'm gonna throw Karen Gillan in as a suggestion as well. She's already proven she can play an intimidating cyborg in the Marvel movies and apparently she's just shy of 6 feet tall!

mstrdrew
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation

Post by mstrdrew » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:38 pm

Personally id love to see Summer Glau.. She was amazing as Cameron in TSCC then as Ravager in arrow

cyberdude

Post by cyberdude » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:37 am

+1 for Summer Glau.

I have a dream plot for a Robocop movie that's kinda like Inspector Gadget 2. New gynoid cop is created because the female form is less intimidating for civilians and by being fully robot, OCP woukd have total control. They would be strict in punishing and that causes an uprising. There'd be some nice malfunction/destruction scenes like in RC2. OCP doubles down, bot gets hacked, and only the OG robocop can help stop her.

Maybe at some point the AI develops fear/other feelings but then gets reprogrammed.

I'd prefer the female version to be a feminised version of the OG Robocop rather than the sleeker new one. It looks more like a robot than a man in an exoskeleton suit.

DollSpace
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Android

Post by DollSpace » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:40 am

cyberdude wrote:+1 for Summer Glau.

I have a dream plot for a Robocop movie that's kinda like Inspector Gadget 2. New gynoid cop is created because the female form is less intimidating for civilians and by being fully robot, OCP woukd have total control. They would be strict in punishing and that causes an uprising. There'd be some nice malfunction/destruction scenes like in RC2. OCP doubles down, bot gets hacked, and only the OG robocop can help stop her.

Maybe at some point the AI develops fear/other feelings but then gets reprogrammed.

I'd prefer the female version to be a feminised version of the OG Robocop rather than the sleeker new one. It looks more like a robot than a man in an exoskeleton suit.
Would be cool, especially if she doesn't have to wear the suit all the time, only as a disguise fighting crime and for the enhancements, like the guns and the obvious protection from bullets and things. Someone figures out who it is and tries to hack her but realises she's already corrupted by OCP so he tries to save her instead. Summer Glau or Karen Gillian would both be great in a role like this, but especially Summer, since she does innocence so convincingly.