Brainstorming

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
The Liar

Brainstorming

Post by The Liar » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:15 am

I was wondering if people could help me come up with non-sexual tasks other then just cooking and cleaning that you could get a maidbot to do.

(Attempting a quick, short, simple visual novel before getting back to my more ambitious ones.)
All criticism of my work is both welcome, and encouraged.
My work is uploaded under the Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike 4.0 license, so as long as attribution is given, feel free to disseminate.

ChocolateKeys
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

Re: Brainstorming

Post by ChocolateKeys » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:42 am

Personal trainer, baby-sitter...
English isn't my first language (and still isn't a second...). So, if i commit some mistake, PLEASE inform me.

Mah Gallery: https://www.fembotwiki.com/index.php?ti ... colateKeys

WilloWisp
Location: An infinite distance away in a direction which can't be described in 3-dimensions.

Post by WilloWisp » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:06 am

The Maidbot is fundamentally a computer as well, right? So, depending on how much she has in the way of processing power and other system resources, she could also function as a web server, network router, or office workstation.

TheShoveller
Fembot Central Staff

Post by TheShoveller » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:20 pm

Specifically a robot in service to a person as a maid? Or we talking a robot that may have originally been designed as a maid, but other tasks it could potentially fill outside of specifically "domestic servant?"

For the former, you could have it run errands of various types - get groceries, pick up your dry cleaning, take the kids to soccer practice, attend a PTA meeting you can't because you're too busy, etc. Other tasks as mentioned would be things like babysitting, acting as an in-home tutor / teacher for a child who's struggling in school or who's home-schooled, greeting and serving guests who come over to "hang out," answering the phone / solicitation calls, etc. Expanding on this idea, "babysitting kids" is more than just "watch children to make sure they don't hurt themselves or others" - you could have your maid-bot play games with them (both video and board games,) run activities, expanding upon that she could even be a sort of "adult leader" in a Boy Scouts / Girl Scouts thing. My parents used to have Boy Scout meetings at our house pretty frequently because we had room and supplies for some activities to do there.

For the latter, it's all a matter of what task could be done with some modification to the maid's programming in some way, be it external (you program and modify code) or internal (it analyzes the task at hand, breaks it down into similar tasks a maid might perform, then accomplishes these tasks in the needed manner.) In that situation, you could have them function as anything from office assistants and secretaries to customer service reps to salesmen to chauffeurs to even more oddball tasks such as an older self-employed woodworker buying a cheap second-hand maidbot and "teaching" it how to help him with his craft ("hold this like that, measure this, get me that tool, sand this.")

Physically, it'd depend entirely upon what the "shell" could do. If it's designed with a maximum weight load capacity of, say, 250 lbs., then you can't exactly have it work in a construction yard for long times since I doubt it's rated for carrying loads that heavy that frequently without some sort of special modification. That then goes back to the maid aspect - it could have a highly adaptive AI, but could be physically incapable of some more complex tasks due to the way it's designed and not having either a full range of motion or being able to exert the right amount of force in the right manner needed, which could be resolved with more custom modifications.

Spaz
Fembot Central Staff
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation

Post by Spaz » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:34 pm

Just off the top of my head:
*Playing video/board/card/any games with you
*Bouncing ideas off of (as opposed to talking to yourself)
*Take it shopping with you (IE: Help you pick out the right ingredients for food stuffs, proper fashions)
Check out my stories: https://www.fembotwiki.com/index.php?title=User:Spaz

Current story status: The Small Business Chronicles: Season Two | The Doctor is in - The Clinic (In progress...)

The Liar

Post by The Liar » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:59 am

TheShoveller wrote:Specifically a robot in service to a person as a maid? Or we talking a robot that may have originally been designed as a maid, but other tasks it could potentially fill outside of specifically "domestic servant?"
The scenario is kinda, but not quite product testing.
All criticism of my work is both welcome, and encouraged.
My work is uploaded under the Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike 4.0 license, so as long as attribution is given, feel free to disseminate.

cyberdude

Post by cyberdude » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:41 am

Sorting/folding laundry, change a lightbulb (or other general handy skills), massage, receive and read emails/texts/news.

DollSpace
Identification: Android

Post by DollSpace » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:47 am

I just scanned the other comments so hope these aren't already mentioned:

Help you learn another language
Watch movies/tv
Go star-watching/storm-chasing
Go through a book of magic-eye puzzles/Where's Waldo books
Teach her to sing/play a musical instrument
TSA agent/gate agent at airport
Justice of the peace
Office clerk
Nurse in a non-emergency ward/Home-care nurse
Wash the car
Do chores around your house that are too difficult or dangerous (that light at the top of the bottom stair when the ceiling is at the same level as the next storey?)

Some of these are kinda ridiculous I know, but I just finished charging myself, so...still calibrating here! :)