Why has there never been a Bionic Woman video game?

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
--NightBattery--

Re: Why has there never been a Bionic Woman video game?

Post by --NightBattery-- » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:21 pm

I am no marketing expert.
But according to my marketing research, the target public to the show were mostly adults and young adults with a tendency to females.
video games were for children, mostly males..and pathetic nerds, all the way to the 90's.

There were B.W toys, legends tell the doll had more sales than barbie one year in the 70's.
toys were targeted to 10-15-year-old girls.
back then anything popular, not love related could be sold to kids. Robocop, Alien, terminator...
Hell, even toxic avenger had toys, have you seen toxic avenger? there is even male nudity and abortion on his movies.
So it wasn't because the public wouldn't receive it when the show was still hot.

It was the adults who bought the toys for their children (now kids play mostly with software, has anyone noticed that?).
And the console of the time was Atari.
I can't really think what kind of concept anyone could come up with such limited device for such franchise, that could be unique enough to make the game successful.
In fact, that lack of concepts eventually killed Atari.

So in the heights of its popularity, video games were not good enough to create a video game for the Bionic woman.

And on this day Bionic woman is not that popular internationally.
I never saw the old (cause I wasn't even born)or the new show. lol.
I only know of it because of this board. so taking me as an average consumer I say it is not popular enough to take the risk.

Just like Starsky and Hutch (whoever they are...) wasn't good enough for a sequel and the game that actually got made hadn't that many sales.

I want ice cream. Regards.

--NightBattery--

Post by --NightBattery-- » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:53 pm

I saw the screencaps.

the art was not good enough to make it feel "engaging" to new audiences I believe.

It was even called season 4 to appeal to nostalgia.

Marketing~

Corey Fantoccini

Post by Corey Fantoccini » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:15 pm

As I recall, the property got into a rights morass.

Many moons ago, in the midst of remake nostalgia, the Weinsteins (when they were still at Miramax) acquired the original source novel that bore "THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN" and its subsequent spinoffs. However, the book itself does not have Steve Austin or Jamie Sommers as characters - those were invented by Universal when they created the series. Naturally, Universal was pissed at this maneuver even though they were somewhat lukewarm on developing a remake themselves, because now there was an impasse - Uni couldn't do a remake without the rights to the book, and Miramax wasn't going to do a bionic movie without the most famous bionic people of all time. I'm sure they tried discussing a joint venture but it obviously fell apart. I think this was also what held up DVD releases of the complete series as well for many years. So that would likely explain why a video game never materialized.

Obviously, something got resolved because we do have both shows on home video now, and I think the Weinstein's option on the book expired. But now the problem, as suggested above, is that the property is so old, it has no relevance to a new generation.