UK Documentary researching robot-human relationships

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
roboticsdocumentary
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

UK Documentary researching robot-human relationships

Post by roboticsdocumentary » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:35 am

Hello all at Fembot Central,

My name is Carla and I'm a producer at Raw TV working on a documentary in the UK exploring at the evolving emotional and physical relationships between humans and robots. I'm interested in speaking to people who have experienced genuine feelings towards robots, either emotional or sexual. So I spoke to the administrators at Fembot Central to ask if I could start a discussion here in case this might be of interest to anyone, which they kindly welcomed me to.

I'd be really happy to hear from anybody who would like to find out more about the documentary and/or have a brief chat about their thoughts on the topic.

Please drop me a line on robots@raw.co.uk by April 2017. By getting in touch, there's no obligation to take part in any way and all information will be kept confidential (over 18s only).

Thank you for your time,
Carla

roboticsdocumentary

Re: UK Documentary researching robot-human relationships

Post by roboticsdocumentary » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:45 am

Hello all,

Thank you for this welcome message!

To put the documentary in a little bit more of context, here's a bit more information:

A documentary looking at how technology could advance peoples’ relationships with dolls, toys and robots used for sex, love and companionship. The film will meet people who use dolls, toys and robots for those purposes in their everyday lives as well as spend time with a company based in the USA who are at the forefront of combining Artificial Intelligence and dolls for sex and companionship.  This film documents the creation of one of the world’s first sex robots, and explores reactions to this emerging technology.

The production filming is very natural and 'fly on the wall', in the style of UK documentary as this is for Channel 4 and will be broadcasted in the UK. The target audience is very broad and it will appeal to audiences who are interested in technological advancements, character-driven narratives and culture.

Please let me know if you have any other queries.
Thanks!
Carla

Stephaniebot
Technosexuality: Transformation
Identification: Android

Post by Stephaniebot » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:01 pm

I have replied to the private message here, Carla, that you sent me, but in truth, the love/sex side of it is of no interest to me. Well, not unless someone wants to turn me into a pleasurebot lol! Then I will just act as per programming! ;)
I'm just a 'girl' who wants to become a fembot whats wrong with that?

Stephaniebot

Post by Stephaniebot » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:36 am

Just to say that anyone who is considering contacting Carla, but hasn't done so yet, she gets my recommendation. Just talked to her for about 40 minutes in a very positive, thoughtful way, and she isn't looking to dish the dirt on fembot lovers, unlike a few in the past. If you don't want to use your real name, don't. I mean, Stephanie isn't actually my first name, but that doesn't matter!
Questions, and discussion well thought out, and asked. All you have to do is answer questions, and go no further, unless you want to! I might do more yet (when in LA in May) but that's only because of my actress nature, and willingness to do so, that's not expected

So yes, if tempted, I'd say go for it, she's on our side.

Hope that helps for someone at least?

roboticsdocumentary

Post by roboticsdocumentary » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:36 am

Stephanie,

That's a very thoughtful comment to make, thank you for going out of your way to do so.
It was a pleasure to speak with you openly and sensitively - there should always be a way to discuss things.

Carla

Stephaniebot

Post by Stephaniebot » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:00 pm

Well, if it helps convince someone to join in, who wouldn't otherwise, then great. No harm in trying at least