A taboo subject?

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
NatalieBayer
Fembot Central Staff
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Android

A taboo subject?

Post by NatalieBayer » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:21 am

Hey friends!

So recently I've been contemplating an observation. It seems to me (and I may be totally off base here) that there is a small taboo surrounding fembot destruction and damage. I'm trying to wrap my head around the why, because it seems like there are the folks who love it, and the folks who really dont.

So lets talk, people who dont like/actively dislike it..why? People who love it, why?
Want a story commission? Send me a DM, a PM, an Owl, a Discord, Smoke signal, parchment wrapped to an arrow, or just a good old fashioned email.

BD
Identification: Human

Re: A taboo subject?

Post by BD » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:23 am

I don't dislike fembot destruction and damage. As long as there's no violence involved.

Somebody exploiting the faults in the fembot/gynoid programming is ok.

The gynoid not knowing her limits and destroying herself is ok.

Somebody taking an axe to them... not my kind of pie.

In general if somebody is an asshole i don't like it.

But if the gynoid brings it to herself, or if the protagonist has a good motivation to destroy the fembot then that's fine.

It's like... well... you know that story about the colonel that upon seeing the robot that was made to step onto mines in order to trigger them after seeing it trigger some mines and struggling to get to the next mine ordered the test to be concluded and the robot to be shut down because he couldn't stand to see it going on that maimed?
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 01009.html

Same thing. I know the fembots are not people. But seeing them "raped" or destroyed without good reason goes against what i find pleasing. In fact i often find it repulsive.

--NightBattery--

Post by --NightBattery-- » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:47 am

I am of the folk who love it~
It's a very robotic thing that separates robot from pretenders.
I am also in for some creative clever violence.
seeing some Violence or doing some Violence in a world too forced into order can be liberating and artistic sometimes...
Violence can be adrenaline so it can be exciting
but it shouldn't be condoned in real life.
but nobody dies in fantasy!

I have seen some folk writing about destruction time to time, Personally, I can't wait to get more of it.
All of em come to warn about their content.
I believe it is the right thing to do even if the content is moderate.
I believe it is the right thing to do for all secondary kinks.

It is the internet and if some author just throws his/her writing (talking about writing here) with no warnings we can make funny personal assumptions about the author mental health and personal fetishes.
You know. Like when people wants to read their love poems in public and seemingly are not aware that they are basically describing under the allegories the kind of nasty stuff they do with the guy that picks them up to go to church on Sundays and is supposedly just a friend.

Also since FC is used to be visited time to time by people with unique, not fantasy beliefs that can be a little worrisome to entertain like "I think I am secretly a robot" or "I want to turn someone into a robot with my garage technology, take turns" I guess it has some merit to clear that despite the content of your work you are not a misogynist or robot nazi even if it can be a little silly in this time period.

Also, loved the part of the assaulted robot girl in the introduction of your nascent detective robot story. Would love to read more in detail what is going inside the body systems and the CPU as the characters are taking damage.

Regards.
Last edited by --NightBattery-- on Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FaceoffFembot

Post by FaceoffFembot » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:43 am

I'm into fembot destruction because to me it's kind of like BDSM, except taken to a 100 and not restricted by contracts, but in the end still harmless to anyone.

I get however how it might seem repulsive to the TF crowd, or people into sentient fembots, where the abuse might have very real consequences.

BD

Post by BD » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:49 pm

well i've seen accomplished bomb defusers give medals to their robots or try to get them repaired at all costs instead of switching to either a new one or one that has not been blown apart... so yeah, i doubt the problem is with the realness of the thing. It's the emotional involvement.

Silkscreen
Alternate account
Technosexuality: Transformation
Identification: Cyborg

Post by Silkscreen » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:55 pm

Being a robotic woman, still being sentient in the big topic in what I write. So total destruction is a big turndown to me. Violence, either applied to a robotic woman or taken out by her, however, isn't. Playing with endurance and will power can be fun. Especially struggling against yourself, your robotic identity and orders.

Stephaniebot
Technosexuality: Transformation

Post by Stephaniebot » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:59 pm

I have never got the damage/destruction thing in the slightest.

Lets just say you've paid out a fortune for your fembot, and your biggest kick is to damage/destroy it, seriously? :roll:

I know, as one of those who want to be transformed into a fembot, I'd get it less than most, but even so, I just don't see the logic of it. Oh, and to add, I don't get the malfunction kick for exactly the same reason.

Ah well...? :roll:
I'm just a 'girl' who wants to become a fembot whats wrong with that?

ChocolateKeys

Post by ChocolateKeys » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:43 pm

I'm on "destruction side" because I like the reveal of the "robotic nature" of fembot
From the soft ones like seams, joints...
To the "agressive" ones like malfunction, damage...

An addendum, in drawing, the "agressive side" delivers some outstanding draws, with so much details...
English isn't my first language (and still isn't a second...). So, if i commit some mistake, PLEASE inform me.

Mah Gallery: https://www.fembotwiki.com/index.php?ti ... colateKeys

NatalieBayer
Fembot Central Staff

Post by NatalieBayer » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:41 pm

So, im on team destruction. Kinda. It has to serve the story. Don't get me wrong, if someone were to plop down a story and said "all this is is a robot being demolished" i would still read it, and i would still fap. That said, i find it more entici g when it serves a story or a purpose. I've read plenty of stories that end with the girl being destroyed for the sake of being destroyed, im ok with that...but i feel like it should serve the story first and foremost.

That said, i think im with ChocolatrKeys on this, it really does serve to reveal robots. Its that break when you can definitely tell that the girl is a robot that i like.
Want a story commission? Send me a DM, a PM, an Owl, a Discord, Smoke signal, parchment wrapped to an arrow, or just a good old fashioned email.

smalk

Post by smalk » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:54 am

I personally don't like total destruction of fembots for the same reasons detailed above (don't enjoy seeing things destroyed, even more if it's something I presumably paid a lot for). I prefer slight damage that results in malfunctions / safety shutdown, it has the same end result while being far more credible.

In addendum, I often find the "causes" for the destruction concocted by the authors simply ludicrous (I have to assume it is a very complex machine, designed by a whole company over the course of a huge amount of man-hours and costing a small fortune - yet it completely destroys beyond repair for a small, easily predictable circumstance).

Deep Blue

Post by Deep Blue » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:25 am

Just like play TV game, violence is not a shame. Just remember not try this in reality.

NatalieBayer
Fembot Central Staff

Post by NatalieBayer » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:53 pm

Yeah, i think theres a pretty hard and fast line between what i like to read/write and what i would actually do if i had a robot in real life. I would be so much more gentle in real life, but this is fantasy.

TheShoveller
Fembot Central Staff

Post by TheShoveller » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:30 pm

Personally, I only like damage / destruction when it makes sense - in a fight for their life, taking a bullet / blow meant for someone else they were protecting, etc. Otherwise, I feel a malfunction / basic maintenance scene can still provide a reason why a fembot would have the illusion of being a real person broken in some way without the need of what amounts to death or dismemberment. Like any piece of machinery or technology, sometimes you have to crack the case open to blow the dust out, tighten a cable, replace a part that wore out, or sometimes do the old standard of "turn it off and back on again."

I could go more into my thoughts on this, but that'd be getting fairly deep and philosophical and, truth be told, I'm not that eloquent.

fembot_stalker
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation

Post by fembot_stalker » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:12 pm

--Battery-- wrote:I am of the folk who love it~ It's a very robotic thing that separates robot from pretenders. I am also in for some creative clever violence.
seeing some Violence or doing some Violence in a world too forced into order can be liberating and artistic sometimes...
Violence can be adrenaline so it can be exciting but it shouldn't be condoned in real life.
but nobody dies in fantasy!
I have seen some folk writing about destruction time to time, Personally, I can't wait to get more of it.
All of them come to warn about their content.
I believe it is the right thing to do even if the content is moderate.
I believe it is the right thing to do for all secondary kinks.

It is the internet and if some author just throws his/her writing (talking about writing here) with no warnings we can make funny personal assumptions about the author mental health and personal
fetishes. You know. Like when people wants to read their love poems in public and seemingly are not aware that they are basically describing under the allegories the kind of nasty stuff they do with the guy that picks them up to go to church on Sundays and is supposedly just a friend. Also since FC is used to be visited time to time by people with unique, not fantasy beliefs that can be a little worrisome to entertain like "I think I am secretly a robot" or "I want to turn someone into a robot with my garage technology, take turns" I guess it has some merit to clear that despite the content of your work you are not a misogynist or robot nazi even if it can be a little silly in this time period. Also, loved the part of the assaulted robot girl in the introduction of your nascent detective robot story. Would love to read more in detail what is going inside the body systems and the CPU as the characters are taking damage. Regards.
Robotman wrote:I have a general dislike for fembot destruction and damage, because I'm usually fantasizing about fembots I'd like to own. The idea of my own very expensive property getting
damaged or even destroyed is... troubling. As for when it's not in the context of my own property, I just can't help but think that it's too bad that an attractive fembot has to be damaged or destroyed. Also, damn near every story or portrayal of a fembot that doesn't come out of this community ends with the fembot getting destroyed in some way at the end, so it's become a kind of cliche I don't like for that reason. And then there was that one member here who went a little overboard for his love for damaging and hurting fembots, and really liking to see them in emotional pain over it. That was just unpleasant and tiresome to many of us.
FaceoffFembot wrote:I'm into fembot destruction because to me it's kind of like BDSM, except taken to a 100 and not restricted by contracts, but in the end still harmless to anyone. I get however how it might seem repulsive to the TF crowd, or people into sentient fembots, where the abuse might have very real consequences.
evil_boo wrote:Hey friends!
So recently I've been contemplating an observation. It seems to me (and I may be totally off base here) that there is a small taboo surrounding fembot destruction and damage. I'm trying to wrap my
head around the why, because it seems like there are the folks who love it, and the folks who really don't. So lets talk, people who dont like/actively dislike it..why? People who love it, why?
As for myself, there is a limitation when it comes to seeing female robots being destroyed or damaged. Given the fact that I also have many fetishes and fantasies concerning BDSM, female wrestling and catfighting, it would almost make my day to see well-equipped - and well-armed - giant fembots battling each other to the finish - like the way the robots in these games do. Actually though, I would have both 'male' and 'female' robots in separate matches duking it out, like on CYBERBOTS and REAL STEEL; but it would still all be in one big combat arena, WWF/WCW-style. (NOTE: Although he was originally a working-class Cybertronian in the iron-smelting pits of Kaon City, Megatron - according to one version of his story regarding the entire TRANSFORMERS Universe - first rose to power by fighting as a gladiator in the underground 'arenas of death' in that city - before he was finally able to oust the 'gangsta' Cybertronians who were facilitating the death matches!) Like I mentioned in other posts, I not only like the robots themselves but I like the idea that I can get them to do several things that most Humans can't and/or won't do. Of course, another good idea of fembot destruction is that of the T-X from T3; that killer gynoid needed to be destroyed. If any robot (whether real or imaginary) is actually built and programmed for combat, then I would not have a problem with it/he/she being a combatant in a ring, which is why I did not quite agree with the idea of all of those 'throwaway' robots in Steven Spielberg's AI (2001) being haphazardly destroyed for spectators' enjoyment (I believe that Spielberg was trying to expose Human ignorance in that scene anyway.) or those 'girl bombs' being used in those Doctor Goldfoot flicks. Why needlessly destroy an otherwise reasonably good piece of machinery that still may have other capabilities that are not necessarily combat-related? If a robot is far from being 100 percent, then hopefully, it/he/she can always be affordably worked on in a repair shop. Period. (NOTE: No, I am not for robot rights either; I'm just saying.)
(alt.sex.fetish.robots) AI and UFOs are spreading all over the Globe! 2 see more, just visit us at Malestrom1000's Youtube Channel. Thank you 4 visiting us as we get closer 2 creating our (female) repairbots, (giant) r⊙b⊙t gladiatrices, fembots, sexbots & h⊙b⊙ts; now how pimpadelic is that? :transformer: :rockon: :thumbsup: :nerd: :D :) :-o 8) :lol:

dieur

Post by dieur » Mon May 15, 2017 8:43 pm

I don't consider it taboo, but since you ask: It is a turn off for me. For me, this fetish lies at the intersection of roads. There's the power dynamic of having control in an encounter with an attractive female that E.g. FaceoffFembot echos with http://www.fembotwiki.com/index.php?tit ... _Sight.jpg . And there's sexual vulnerability - the fembot with the accessed controls. There's that fascinating otherness, when a fembot suddenly has to content with the areas she is not human, like http://www.fembotwiki.com/index.php?tit ... _power.jpg

For me, this is all most interesting on the edge of humanity. I'm just on the other side of a fine line that BA2 tends to flirt with. He seems to like fembots who mimic humanity but in the end are just machines. I like fembots who deal with artificiality but in the end are women.

So stories that end with damage, or explosions, or even just "Malfunction! Error in selfware.exe, I'm a metal hunk now" are always just a smidge disappointing to me. (I often get something out of them along the way - inspiration if nothing else - so still, I appreciate all ya'all.)

Deep Blue

Post by Deep Blue » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:35 am

What thing is taboo in fembot? I never heard that.

Extyr

Post by Extyr » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:21 am

Well there's one thing totally forbidden on this forum, but let's avoid that subject...

As for my opinion on damage... I don't mind justified damage from combat or wear and tear, but I don't really find it erotic either. Stories where robots get off by destroying themselves are just weird to me.

I can take some careful dismantling or repair as it's a form of intimacy, but missing limbs remind me too much of amputees.

I guess I'd like to probe and tinker with my fembot while she's active just to watch her cute reactions. Then it could turn into something else... :wink:

Svengli

Post by Svengli » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:30 pm

Thinking about it, I think I only find damage disturbing if what's happening is it's a stand-in for a fembot-in-name-only being abused.

Generally the trope of androids being a "new class of subhuman slaves" is troubling to me because it reads coercion into the relationship of a person and a thing.

Violence where a droll's head falls off and they lie inert until repaired doesn't bother me.
Violence where the owner does things which would torture a human and the dolls screams and maybe "bleeds" (grease or fake blood) bother me. Gruesome but obviously fake violence of all sorts on TV always bothered me.

I suppose everyone would have their values but it seems annoying to use a robot to simulate abusing a human. Once you can command a robot, it seems like the problem that frustrated you should be gone.

TheShoveller
Fembot Central Staff

Post by TheShoveller » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:27 pm

Svengli wrote:Thinking about it, I think I only find damage disturbing if what's happening is it's a stand-in for a fembot-in-name-only being abused.

Generally the trope of androids being a "new class of subhuman slaves" is troubling to me because it reads coercion into the relationship of a person and a thing.

Violence where a droll's head falls off and they lie inert until repaired doesn't bother me.
Violence where the owner does things which would torture a human and the dolls screams and maybe "bleeds" (grease or fake blood) bother me. Gruesome but obviously fake violence of all sorts on TV always bothered me.

I suppose everyone would have their values but it seems annoying to use a robot to simulate abusing a human. Once you can command a robot, it seems like the problem that frustrated you should be gone.
There's actually a chapter in a manga called Doll that deals with something similar to that. A guy has his fiancee run off on their wedding day with another man, and so he buys a "doll" (android, basically) and gets it remodeled to look like his ex-fiancee, complete with the ability to feel pain and to always love him no matter what. He then proceeds to torture said faux-ex-fiancee, who keeps crawling back to him, only so he can reject and torture her more. We're talking messed-up stuff - putting cigarettes out on her, even cutting off some of her fingers at one point.

How that particular chapter ends is sad, but also happy, in a fucked-up manner. The same chapter deals with a girl being bullied at school while her parents and teacher do nothing about it, and eventually jumps off a building in an attempt to end it all. This particular doll's owner happens to be in the area with his doll when it happens. Since the doll can't kill herself because of her programming, she runs under the falling girl to break the fall and save her life, which also "destroys" her for good in the process. The girl's saved by an act of kindness by that doll, and they're both grateful to the other for being the one who kind of ended their torment (as the doll dies and the girl is finally given attention to her issues by her parents and teachers.)

Saya

Post by Saya » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:55 pm

So, seeing as how this is quite honestly a thing for me, and that I feature it in my writing to a degree, I figure I may as well throw in my two cents.

The damage aspect is one of my biggest turn-ons when it comes to the fetish. The sight of a fembot being destroyed in some way or another, or at the very least seriously damaged, has a lot of appeal to me. But I also like other "destructive" aspects of the fetish. Namely, malfunctions, disassembly, and even total reprogramming. At the same time, my favorite kind of fembot is the sort that (outwardly) acts a lot like a person, down to having human drives, ideals and passions. Naturally, this makes me question if what I am into is in any way "wrong" or "taboo". Throw in some S&M themes and some objectification themes as well, and you got something that can make you feel pretty darn "taboo", to use evil boo's term for it.

However, two things about how I interpret it make me feel less freakish in regards to it. The first is that while I enjoy destruction, I don't really enjoy sadism. Which is to say, I don't enjoy suffering. When I roleplay a fembot in a heavy destruction scene, or if I write one for a story or RP with someone in that regard, my biggest turn off is when fear, sadness and pain get involved in the mix. I've reconciled with the fact that, ultimately, destruction for me is one variety--albeit the most extreme--of exposure of the fembot as an artificial being. And that is what really gets me turned on about it. Because, more than anything, the way a fembot might react to its own destruction, along with the act of destruction itself, exposes the non-human aspects of their psychology and physicality really well. In my fantasies, a fembot reacts to its damaging or reprogramming with anger, irritation at the inconvenience of it, or just outright gets turned on by it. Self-defense is a part of it, and in fact I really like the idea of a badass terminator 'bot beating the crap out of those who want to destroy her, even if that ultimately results in her being a bunch of pieces. Screaming at their demise, crying and sobbing at it, or feeling actual physical pain are HUGE turn-offs for me. Again, it's because I feel that there's a difference between the destruction of a fembot and enjoying it because it displays their artificiality, and enjoying fembot destruction because you want to see them suffer. I emphasize, however, that if someone does enjoy that, they have that right, so long as they keep in mind my next point. I should also point out that for similar reasons, my only interest in destruction, malfunctioning or reprogramming themes regards built fembots. Converts, of both the cyborg and mind transfer variety, are also a turn off for me in those scenarios.

And that point is, the understanding that there is a distinct and very large difference between what is done in the fantasy setting of a story, roleplay or other fictional medium and reality and real life. There are plenty of fetishes out there which I disagree with, and also those that I find disturbing for reasons of personal morality and in some ways legality, in some cases viscerally so. But there's a very real, very tangible difference between wanting to see a fictional character in such a scenario and wanting to enact that scenario in reality. It's at the core of the "Safe, Sane and Consensual" foundation of BDSM and S&M fetish and roleplay. The things I enjoy here I would never want to see done to someone in real life. Obviously, the question of if this would apply to the sort of fembot that I desire were they a thing in real life is one that I cannot really answer, but I know concretely that the last thing I would ever want is to harm another human being, or treat another human being in such a way as to physically, psychologically or emotionally harm them. Even if I do destructive things to an RP partner's character, I always ask to make sure if I am going too far for their liking. Thus, the biggest issue regarding such fetishes is how you treat people in reality, not characters in a fantasy. Because, ultimately, it is a fantasy and it isn't real. That might sound like an incredibly obvious statement to make, but I feel it's important to remind oneself of that fact.

Also, as an aside, at the risk of potentially offending some people, there is an important note I'd like to add to this. We are not here to kink-shame. It can be easy to deride other peoples interpretations of this fetish. Some of us can have strong opinions on aspects of this fetish, or the integration of other fetishes into technosexual kinks. And while we can voice our dislike of fetishes, and how some don't really strike a cord with us, there's a difference between that and outright criticizing someone for what sexually attracts them. Kink shaming undermines the nature of Fembot Central as a place for those with Technosexual fetishes to share their fantasies. It goes beyond "political correctness" to point this out. We're all here to share our fantasies, content and experiences with others. Mocking someone for what they enjoy, calling them sick or demented, making condescending comments regarding their fetish defeats the entire purpose of this site.

What's more, unlike certain other fetishes like BDSM or the Furry Fandom, there aren't really a lot of other places for people with Technosexual fantasies to go other than Fembot Central. Many of us can relate to feelings of alienation that we had when we first joined, thinking that few people were sexually attracted robots and the pleasant discovery that, no, you were not alone and there were a lot more people than you thought out there who were into it. So, we're here to abate feelings of shame, alienation and self-loathing that people may have about their sexuality. While I hate to make it sound like the community here at FBC has acted that way (the VAST majority of the time, people I have corresponded with here have been nothing but warm and accepting about my kinks and the kinks of others), I feel it's important to keep this in mind, and to remind others of that should they feel the need to mock, judge or otherwise make another person feel uncomfortable about an aspect of themselves they have no real say or control over.

Apologies for the absolute WALL of text there, but I really felt like I had to get that off of my chest, especially that last bit.
"If the time should ever come when what is now called science, thus familiarized to men, shall be ready to put on, as it were, a form of flesh and blood, the Poet will lend his divine spirit to aid the transfiguration, and will welcome the Being thus produced, as a dear and genuine inmate of the household of man."
- William Wordsworth

FaceoffFembot

Post by FaceoffFembot » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:14 am

D.Olivaw

Post by D.Olivaw » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:58 am

I've been mulling over posting something in this thread, but after that, Saya, I don't think there's anything I could add that you haven't already said. Great post.
"Men, said the Devil,
are good to their brothers:
they don’t want to mend
their own ways, but each other's"
-Piet Hein

Trace Venom

Post by Trace Venom » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:29 am

Saya wrote:
Apologies for the absolute WALL of text there, but I really felt like I had to get that off of my chest, especially that last bit.
I wholeheartedly agree with everything said in Saya's post. Thank You for this. :notworthy:

--NightBattery--

Post by --NightBattery-- » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:12 pm

All aboard the destruction hype train♫

NatalieBayer
Fembot Central Staff

Post by NatalieBayer » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:29 pm

Damn Saya, you really nailed it. Bravo girls.

I whole heartedly agree with you. I love destruction for all the same reasons. I guess it just takes all kinds and we are all tickled by different things.

Also battery thanks for posting a drawing and making me snort on the bus, thus drawing the attention of nearby humans..