Need some help with some potential slang terms

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
Spaz
Fembot Central Staff
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation
Identification: Human

Need some help with some potential slang terms

Post by Spaz » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:28 pm

I'm revisiting my Uncanny Valley idea from 2014 and expanding it, but I'd like some assistance with generating some potential slang terms for the three types of androids that cohabitate the region. There's:

*CPU in head models
*CPU in torso models
*CPU in remote server models: these are A.I.s that exist in a large computer server that move about by remotely controlling android bodies.

Basically, the CPU in head models are far more common, and they consider the CPU in torso models to be obsolete throwbacks to an era where the technology didn't exist to compress the tech. Remote CPUs are not common, comprising only about 3% of the population.

Any slang terms would be welcome, since it would make writing a tad easier.
Check out my stories: https://www.fembotwiki.com/index.php?title=User:Spaz

Current story status: The Small Business Chronicles: Season Two | The Doctor is in - The Clinic (In progress...)

General
Technosexuality: Built

Re: Need some help with some potential slang terms

Post by General » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:25 pm

Here's a few ideas:

CPU in head:
"hothead" Excessive duty cycle of the main CPU can cause excess heat that needs to be dissipated. As a result the head will either sweat or grow quite warm.
Alternatives along those lines include:
"sweater" CPU requires head sweat otherwise they overheat.
"mouthbreather" as an alternative to sweating, when under stress the unit will breath through their mouth to cool down

CPU in torso:
"Whistler" from the rumored sound of wind blowing in one ear, around their empty head and out the other ear.
"Horsemen" from the headless horseman legend, and from when some torso models will lose their head and still wander about trying to feel their way.

CPU Remote:
"Puppet" from the idea that the android is only an inert unit unless it is controlled by the server. Could also go with "drone" or "suit"
"Wraith" out of fear and respect that the intelligence controlling them can jump from one body to the next and is very difficult to kill or subdue. Could also go with "ghost" or "spirit"
"Avatar"

Spaz
Fembot Central Staff

Post by Spaz » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:34 pm

The Horsemen one is quite appropriate, since I'm currently writing a bit called Headless Hunt. I really like the term puppet too...

Current story status: The Small Business Chronicles: Season Two | The Doctor is in - The Clinic (In progress...)

jolshefsky

Post by jolshefsky » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:23 am

Spaz wrote:I'm revisiting my Uncanny Valley idea from 2014 and expanding it, but I'd like some assistance with generating some potential slang terms for the three types of androids that cohabitate the region. There's:

*CPU in head models
*CPU in torso models
*CPU in remote server models: these are A.I.s that exist in a large computer server that move about by remotely controlling android bodies.
I would think the most modern version would be least derogatory like "3G" in most circumstances, although the less polite term might be "skullcore" (or evolved to just "skulk").

The fairly prevalent torso models might have once been deemed "self-contained" or "internal core" (then "internals"), but the more derogatory term might refer to their comparatively large CPUs like "boxy core" ("a boxy"/"boxies"), or "heart for brains". If they have more cooling, they might be "blowers", "vacuum cleaners", or "whistlers" if they made a noise. I'd think "horsemen" is likely for those who have no head.

For the remote-server models, it was originally a step-up to be "wireless", so maybe the early derogatory terms could have been "radios", "Marconis", or "walkie-talkies". Later terms highlighting disadvantages might be "grid-tied" or "anchored" ("anchors"?).
May your deeds return to you tenfold,

--- Jason Olshefsky

--NightBattery--

Post by --NightBattery-- » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:40 pm

I like Jolshefsky slang.

Spaz
Fembot Central Staff

Post by Spaz » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:28 pm

So far I'm leaning towards calling CPU in head models Hotheads, and CPU in torso models Airheads. I still like the idea of calling the remote ones puppets, or puppeteers.

minkwheel

Post by minkwheel » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:33 am

Hotheads, Airheads, and Puppets..... I think you've got them covered right THERE.... Simple, straightforward and with a slightly insulting sting.... that's what nicknames are made of.
...From my HEART and from my HAND
WHY don't people understand my intentions?

Saya
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Android

Post by Saya » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:25 pm

Spaz wrote: *CPU in head models
*CPU in torso models
I got a few ideas! In order of your request.

* For the first one: Headcase
* For the second: I like the whole 'Airhead' things others have suggested.
* For the third: Zombies or Rides.
"If the time should ever come when what is now called science, thus familiarized to men, shall be ready to put on, as it were, a form of flesh and blood, the Poet will lend his divine spirit to aid the transfiguration, and will welcome the Being thus produced, as a dear and genuine inmate of the household of man."
- William Wordsworth

Murotsu

Post by Murotsu » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:34 pm

With the torso models, there is likely a running joke that "her 'brains' are in her boobs..."