AI or SI?

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.

AI or SI?

Artificial Intelligence.
38%
Simulated Intelligence.
62%

Total votes: 45

Stephaniebot
Technosexuality: Transformation
Identification: Android

Re: AI or SI?

Post by Stephaniebot » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:12 pm

Murotsu wrote:How would you determine the difference? Are emotions a requirement for AI or SI? Also, self-awareness does not necessarily require freewill.

What about a "group" or hive mind? A being in one could be self-aware while still being part of the "collective."
As far as I know, we don't yet have a genuine hive mind collective, but if we do, let them know about me, please. In theory, its an amazing concept, but in practice, linking even 2 human minds to think alike, let alone far more, looks way beyond us at present. As to robots, even a little thing like signal interference would make this complex, I suspect?

I'm sure collective minds, of both varieties will come in time, especially the fembot one, but for now, we can only wish...
I'm just a 'girl' who wants to become a fembot whats wrong with that?

Murotsu
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation
Identification: Human

Post by Murotsu » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:37 pm

Stephaniebot wrote:
Murotsu wrote:How would you determine the difference? Are emotions a requirement for AI or SI? Also, self-awareness does not necessarily require freewill.

What about a "group" or hive mind? A being in one could be self-aware while still being part of the "collective."
As far as I know, we don't yet have a genuine hive mind collective, but if we do, let them know about me, please. In theory, its an amazing concept, but in practice, linking even 2 human minds to think alike, let alone far more, looks way beyond us at present. As to robots, even a little thing like signal interference would make this complex, I suspect?

I'm sure collective minds, of both varieties will come in time, especially the fembot one, but for now, we can only wish...
We do in a sense. It is called the internet. While that is a very crude hive mind, for the first time in history you, me, anybody, can interact instantaneously with any number of people around the world. Get a group of like-minded people together on a subject and suddenly for the first time they can bring together masses of information and sources and come to a "best" conclusion. It is almost the human thought process replicated.

Signal interference can be dealt with in a number of ways. It is no different than military jamming of electronics and the countermeasures to that. Narrower gain, bandpass, or filters do this. For example, in the days of film and tape like cassettes, Dolby noise reduction did this by sorting out most of the "background" noise, like tape "hiss." Sure there was some signal loss but the receiving individual was able to still make out the intended information / signal easily and the interference was gone.
Just how you process the signal can make a difference. You inject noise into a Doppler signal. Since the noise is static in frequency the receiver ignores it entirely. Only a "moving" signal (that is, one that is changing in frequency continuously) is considered. By adding upper and lower limits to the shift, you make it harder to inject a false signal.
Or, you can use multiple frequencies. Add on that the signal "jumps" frequencies continuously. Now you have to take out a a wide range of signals to effect things. Much more difficult, much more power required.
Change the gain and get "burn through."

Think about this site. We are all of reasonably like mind on the subject at hand. At least, we have an interest in it. We discuss it at length. We take polls, and come to conclusions about things related to the subject of fembots. We also introduce each other to ideas and information we likely otherwise would never see. If a troll or three were to try and disrupt that we'd react to that situation and filter them out.
That goes for all the things you discuss on the internet. Sure, it's a very crude hive mind situation, but it is one. With time it will evolve into something more refined. Think of it as the machinery of the Industrial Revolution say, 200 years ago. Primitive by today's standards but doing essentially the same job in many cases, just unrefined and with poor accuracy compared to today.
The electronics revolution of today is advancing far faster. But, we have no way to accurately predict when AI or SI will match human intelligence. There is plenty written on when the Singularity might occur, but I'm not going to put money on that. Like psychics and astrologers, the futurists are usually wrong except by luck.
It will happen though. You just have to last long enough to reach it... :)

Stephaniebot
Technosexuality: Transformation
Identification: Android

Post by Stephaniebot » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:14 am

Given I'm 58 already, I doubt I will last long enough, to be honest.
As to a hive mind here, have you never spotted the creation v transformation issues we split on, on here? :lol:
I'm just a 'girl' who wants to become a fembot whats wrong with that?

Esleeper
Technosexuality: Built

Post by Esleeper » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:53 am

Stephaniebot wrote:Given I'm 58 already, I doubt I will last long enough, to be honest.
As to a hive mind here, have you never spotted the creation v transformation issues we split on, on here? :lol:
To say nothing of this very topic.

Esleeper

Post by Esleeper » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:57 am

If both can pass, say, a Turning Test is there really a difference?

Or, what if the intent was to make an AI with the intellect of say a parrot or dog? Both are clearly self-aware. Both are intelligent. If that's enough for the purpose...

Personally, done right, they're equal and interchangeable.
The Turing test is a measure of human gullibility, not artificial intelligence.

Plus, I figure most beings that were self aware but lacked free will would go insane with the awareness that they were simply slaves or be incapable of acting on their own initiative. As you describe it, an AI acts, but a SI can only react.

Murotsu
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation

Post by Murotsu » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:58 am

You have never owned a dog have you...?

Esleeper

Post by Esleeper » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:14 am

Murotsu wrote:You have never owned a dog have you...?
I have, but anyone who owns a dog can say that their emotions are anything but fake. Plus, they lack the sentience and intelligence needed for true free will and self-awareness like an AI would need to possess. An AI with intelligence akin to a dog would be little better than what passes for AI today.

Mixgull

Post by Mixgull » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:44 pm

I like a variation, where the AI have emotions but she talks like a robot (saying statistics, analysis, etc...)