Members with multiple accounts

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
daphne
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Android

Re: Members with multiple accounts

Post by daphne » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:03 am

I have to concur with the points eloquently made by darkbutflashy. There are certainly many valid reasons why people involved in a fringe sexual fetish of any sort would want to keep their anonymity, even among people of the same fetish. Multiple accounts would allow a greater degree of freedom in protecting the individual.

Additionally, from a psychological aspect, people have different sides to their personalities. Surely all of you who pretend to be fembots here on the board don't do so when you're at your workplaces. So right from the start we already recognize that we are all capable of multiple facets. What would be the purpose of drawing an arbitrary line in the sand here?

I understand the mod concerns about possible abuse, but anyone who would abuse such a system has likely already done so. It's not particularly difficult to make multiple accounts on here already. I lost the password on my old account here long ago, which is why I had to start this one, even though I had some pretty good stories on the old one. Now, that's not a case of my using two accounts so much as replacing one with the other, but the point is still the same -- there was no mechanism in place to prevent me from doubling up (nor would one truly even be possible; any ban on multiple accounts would necessarily be purely legislative in nature).

In summation I think that a ban on multiple accounts is unnecessarily punitive and only constricts people who use the board legitimately in the first place. My vote goes toward allowing them.

daphne

Post by daphne » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:36 pm

"Losing a password is not a reason to create a new account"? That's almost certainly the most valid reason possible to create a new account, and if you've already set your mind about that, I don't see why we're bothering to even have this discussion. Clearly you're just going to do what you like anyway, so why lead us into thinking our opinions on the subject matter?

daphne

Post by daphne » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:39 pm

For the record, the reason I was not able to retrieve the previous account is because I also lost access to the email address assigned to it; I was using a private server and the domain registration ran out. So I guess my only option was to just never post on the board again?

Silkscreen
Alternate account
Technosexuality: Transformation
Identification: Cyborg

Post by Silkscreen » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:16 pm

Ah, I can live with that. It's not that anyone couldn't have guessed it by now.

FaceoffFembot
Identification: Human

Post by FaceoffFembot » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:12 pm

So... who's who?

Stephaniebot

Post by Stephaniebot » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:28 pm

No idea, and not sure I really care.

PS This is definitely my only account on here!
I'm just a 'girl' who wants to become a fembot whats wrong with that?

JessicaDupre
Banned

Post by JessicaDupre » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:30 pm

Last edited by JessicaDupre on Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silkscreen
Alternate account
Identification: Cyborg

Post by Silkscreen » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:31 pm

You can be sure the ones doing nasty things with multiple accounts will take care never to be listed as "alternate account" or something like this. For the record: I did reveal the connection to my first account to the R-Man the very moment I've created it. I have no problem with the staff knowing the connection. I have no problems with people guessing the connection and making their own conclusions.

However, I have a problem with people longing to "uncover" the connection. Because I don't want it to be public to buffoons of any sort, that's the very reason I had created a second account for my manip works.

Thank you for not musing about who's who.

--NightBattery--

Post by --NightBattery-- » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:41 pm

Did something happen while i was AFK?