Gender and Technosexuality

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
JessicaDupre
Banned
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Android

Gender and Technosexuality

Post by JessicaDupre » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:24 am

Stephaniebot
Technosexuality: Transformation

Re: Gender and Technosexuality

Post by Stephaniebot » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:55 am

I would say that in terms of numbers, there are more guys than girls. Made more complex by girls like me, who used to be guys lol! But there are a number of women who enjoy the fetish too, just not in the same numbers.
Why? Because guys like being strong, and macho, and the idea of an obedient fembot, obeying their commands, would appeal no end. Or just guys who prefer the lesser complexities of a robot woman, over a human one. I think the snag for some women, is its a very submissive thing to be, if played strictly. Robots are given commands, obey commands, and things like that. There are a number of us who are very submissive, and the idea of being/playing a fembot, appeals greatly.
Just my 2 cents, and logic
I'm just a 'girl' who wants to become a fembot whats wrong with that?

tdlsn

Post by tdlsn » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:04 pm

It would sure make things easier if both sexes could do it without fear of ridicule or shame.
Hyper politicization of sex roles,gender feminists and good ol' you're some kinda wierdo/looser for wishing to make it with a robot plain and simple.

dale coba
Identification: Human

Post by dale coba » Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:22 pm

tdlsn wrote:Hyper politicization of sex roles,gender feminists and good ol' you're some kinda wierdo/looser for wishing to make it with a robot plain and simple.
Let's all fondly remember that era gone by, before hyper politicization of sex roles, when no one would think you were a weirdo loser for wanting to make it with a robot.... Wait, WHAT ?! What alternative universe did you fall out of?

Robot sex has never been acceptable among the masses.

This mixed-up talk of "Hyper politicization of sex roles" slanders mainstream feminism and decades of progress empowering human beings.

The least qualified people to understand sociology are the least capable of appreciating how very unqualified they are to have any opinions on the subject.

- Dale Coba
8) :!: :nerd: :idea: : :nerd: :shock: :lovestruck: [ :twisted: :dancing: :oops: :wink: :twisted: ] = [ :drooling: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :party:... ... :applause: :D :lovestruck: :notworthy: :rockon: ]

JessicaDupre
Banned

Post by JessicaDupre » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:03 pm

dieur

Post by dieur » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:48 pm

Adding to the complexity, of course, is technosexuality is a catch-all for a lot of different peculiarities.

Never shamed, but never shared so that's not surprising. My GF knows only that I have an undisclosed harmless fetish that does not involve animals, violence, incest, or anyone underage ;D.

If you'll indulge a persona question, JD, and feel free not, given you enjoy the submission part of the fetish (or that's what I took from your post), why is your avatar picture of a fembot malfunctioning?

JessicaDupre
Banned

Post by JessicaDupre » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:44 pm

tdlsn

Post by tdlsn » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:55 am

This mixed-up talk of "Hyper politicization of sex roles" slanders mainstream feminism and decades of progress empowering human beings
Wondering wtf is this "mainstream feminism" the professor speaks of. Maybe the kind that is concerned with the need for female representation in boys' teams in schools among other things or any activity heavily popular with males is worthy of reengineering.
Robot sex has never been acceptable among the masses
Hey,no shite genius. Furthermore,it's a given that social justice warriors (feminists) are concerned with the effect on civilization the availability to men a sexbot servant that may be dressed as a maid,nurse., etc.
The least qualified people to understand sociology are the least capable of appreciating how very unqualified they are to have any opinions on the subject
Yep, the internet allows for many things, including self important keypad morons who's attempt at personal attacks on anyone with an opinion needs to stay anonymous. :D
Last edited by tdlsn on Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

tdlsn

Post by tdlsn » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:59 am

Hey look, this discussion pops up over and over and is nothing new.Way back when,(late 1990's) I would type the word(s) female robot or fembot into a search engine and almost immediately the results would include links to several books,online social studies and woman s activist discussion groups, most of with whom the main purpose is to dissect/critique the why female robots.
What amazes me is that no matter how many times or ways the subject is revisited you get the same few disingenuous pseudo
intellectuals when it comes to feminist types having a negative view of what a fembot represents unless of course it's the type that kicks ass or otherwise anything but sexy,controlled or even a damned fembot. Lastly,when as is often the case,words like submissive and dominant are used as in the above,this to my mind begins a discussion of sexual politics., a big turn off and not why I visit FembotCentral.

33cl33

Post by 33cl33 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:16 am

JessicaDupre wrote: I'm wondering about specific instances where you've been shamed for your robot fetish? It does seem like this fetish is lampooned more than others. It's like sometimes men are compared to pedophiles or rapists...so unfair in my book.
The only times I've talked about / disclosed it, two different ladies in real life, it was met with not only curiosity, but enthusiastic participation.

I think the lampooning comes from the same place all other troll-like behavior comes from. From thinking this is something only strangers you never meet engage in. If most people had half a clue what their closest friends and loved ones were into, kink-wise, I think we'd see a lot less sex-shaming in the world.
SynthSuite audio clips, etc: https://linktr.ee/synthsuite

dale coba

Post by dale coba » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:30 am

tdlsn wrote:Maybe the kind that is concerned with the need for female representation in boys' teams in schools.
How many times has this happened, what percent of teams?

Zero percent, rounded down.
0.001% ? Does that sound about right?

Name the incidents. Show me a count.
Your concern about boys' sports teams is a phantom, a hologram, a joke.

You have a distorted perspective and a persecution complex.

- Dale Coba
8) :!: :nerd: :idea: : :nerd: :shock: :lovestruck: [ :twisted: :dancing: :oops: :wink: :twisted: ] = [ :drooling: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :party:... ... :applause: :D :lovestruck: :notworthy: :rockon: ]

33cl33

Post by 33cl33 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:36 am

Could we not do the gamergate/mra -v- feminism thing for the thousandth time?

If these kinds of threads bother you so much, tdlsn, maybe just duck out of them. I don't like transformation stories, so I don't pop in to bitch about them.

33cl33

Post by 33cl33 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:01 am

Jessica, have you explored FetLife at all? The technosexual groups are a little different than here. Still largely male, I think, but I found some ladies talking about enthusiasm for the idea of male bots, and the eventual need for bots that cater to all manner of sexual leanings.

tdlsn

Post by tdlsn » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:46 am

If these kinds of threads bother you so much, tdlsn, maybe just duck out of them.....
Ya know,you could have left it just at that without inferring that I'm bitching about anything.

JessicaDupre
Banned

Post by JessicaDupre » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:12 am

xerxes31415

Post by xerxes31415 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:04 pm

Fetlife is a good resource, and I've actually found it to be relatively 50/50 regarding the gender distribution in the general populace. However, it's primarily geared towards people meeting in real life at events and whatnot, but it does have some communities and whatnot in it.

Miss Pris
Identification: Cyborg

Post by Miss Pris » Mon May 16, 2016 8:03 am

(With trepidation, and not to start up a problem) I want to point out that feminism is one of the 20th century movements largely responsible for freeing the idea of sex from reproduction, especially for women, and reminding the world after several hundred years of b.s. about the subject that women actually enjoy sex, have orgasms, and find pleasure in something other than gazing longingly into our paramours' eyes. Thanks to my upbringing in a post-feminism world I am here on this site now, openly engaging in "insider ethnography" research (so when I publish anything, I am "outed"), and not afraid to stand up for my right to... um... party, with anyone or anything with which I am legally allowed and morally disposed. Thanks to feminism, many of you fine gentlemen have had some great experiences roleplaying with sexually liberated women. The "F" word doesn't have to be a curse :)

Unfortunately, as with nearly any movement, there is a very vocal extreme version of "feminism" (which is often nothing less than hatred, really) who would not only denounce anyone for technosexual interests (by their very nature as potentially heterosexual and/or involving a woman choosing to be submissive in any way, even as a fantasy) but would burn me at a stake for being a woman involved in such an interest (even though I am not submissive, and am attracted to cyborgs, sentient gynoids and sentient androids.) We should not judge a group by a vocal, extremist majority. Most people are more nuanced than a single group or subsection of that group would allow.

Anyway - sorry for the side track. In terms of technosexuality itself, I'm not looking into numbers in the general population or anything, but just from speaking to people (in academia at least) about my research, I think women would be considerably more disposed to an android or gynoid sexual partner, or roleplay as or with one, if there was more awareness of this interest. Most of the people I speak to about my research - women or otherwise - were completely unaware of the existence of technosexuality/ASFR or anything similar.

darkbutflashy

Post by darkbutflashy » Mon May 16, 2016 9:48 am

I think there is a strong bond between today's "feminism" and nannying everyone. Because many many "feminists" believe the world would be a better place if everyone sticks to the rules. Because, "when you stick to the rules, no one gets hurt." And then they start to make rules for everything.

That's not a property of feminism but a property of clueless people coming to power. They'll overdo it. And when people ignore their bullshit, they are getting loud and obnoxious.
Do you like or dislike my ongoing story Battlemachine Ayako? Leave a comment on the story's discussion pages on the wiki or in that thread. Thank you!

BD

Post by BD » Mon May 16, 2016 12:34 pm

O_O feminists are in power?! Since when? As far as i know up 'till now they are just asking and are widely ignored. Personally after hearing their requests i don't find them eirthe constrictive or in any way demeaning. But seriously: Feminists are in power?! Since when?!

darkbutflashy

Post by darkbutflashy » Mon May 16, 2016 2:43 pm

Ah, no. You don't need to be all-over powerful to be in power. And the smaller the actual power is, the more absurd it is how people want to exercise it. That's where it gets ridiculous and later, obnoxious.

For example, there's a panel discussion about game design. And you decide it can't be held because there's no woman in the panel. Err, what? It was all set up, the guests were there, the audience was there. But you decide it can't be done because there's no woman in the panel. Err. WHAT?

Or take "genderized speech". In Germany, it started with requiring all job names to be written as male/female variant. Meaning, when you look for someone who can make bread, instead of looking for a "Bäcker", you have to look for a "Bäcker/-in". If you look for a "Bäcker" only and any woman applies, you have to choose her or you are fined (and you have to take her). By law. I don't know how this helps women finding a job, because anyone owning a bakery is looking for a "Bäcker/-in" and keeps the reason why he chose a man undisclosed.

But it's not job advertisments only. "Feminists", quickened by their success in the field, now require any official text and any school book to be changed that way. As the most school book editors and auditing officials in education are women (and the few men there don't want a "feminist" "uproar") they are on their way in making German more awful than Mark Twain could have ever imagined.

Another example, a few years the former chairman of the F.D.P party, Rainer Brüderle, had made a suggestive comment, denying a talk with a female reporter. Nothing happened, he just commented she was "pretty much too pretty" for that job. A year later, when he was up to be re-elected, she decided to make a story of that incident, accusing him to be a sexist. In result, "feminist" twitter users organized an "#aufschrei" (uproar) of what they felt was daily sexual haressment. It was even featured in U.S. newspapers, I think. The conclusion drawn by newspaper author Birgit Kelle, who was soon recognized as "anti-feminist" by various "feminists" was: if it wasn't grumpy old Rainer Brüderle but George Clooney, no one had raised a brow.

Concluding, A feminist fairy tale.
Once upon a time, in ye olde town of Goslar, lying at the foots of the lovely Harz mountains, there once was a "Gleichstellungsbeauftrage" ("equal opportunity commissioner") who was, of course, a woman. And of course, that woman made her job just extrafabulously. Until the day, when she recognized men are often discriminated when they want to see their kids after a divorce. From then on, she fought for the rights of those men, as she did for women, too. Then, there was a great carnival in town, for the good sake of the poor beaten children. And she found it good, apart from the fact, it was advertized as "Beating women and children is not okay!". She said, the carnival is not about women, but about children, and it's discrimination, as children are beaten by women, too, and men aren't always the ones who beat women, but vice versa, too. Then, after a lengthy "feminist" uproar, the city council, in it's ultimate wisdom, found a reason why the commissioner had to be dismissed. It was the holy Godwin, which was found in a forum comment on a father's rights website linked from the commisioner's offical site.
Do you like or dislike my ongoing story Battlemachine Ayako? Leave a comment on the story's discussion pages on the wiki or in that thread. Thank you!

darkbutflashy

Post by darkbutflashy » Mon May 16, 2016 3:09 pm

Ah, I should add another one.

We have a powerful "feminist" over here, Alice Schwarzer. She's a publisher of her own "feminist" mag, "Emma". She was that powerful she had made the German state of North-Rhine-Westphalia pay 400 000€ per year for her private "centre for documentation of crime against women". In that "centre", she employed herself and her three female friends/lovers, each for a salary of 80 000€ per year. There was no controlling. But the men governing the state had that fear to be targeted by one of her campaigns, they threw tax payers money into the rat hole.

It had taken two women, the new governor of North-Rhine-Westphalia and her secretary for families and women, to stop that nonsense. But Mrs Schwarzer did not give up so easily, no, she was accusing the two women in power to abuse their power (sic!) to impede "documentation of crime against women".

There's another story about Mrs. Schwarzer. A woman accused the well-known weatherman Jörg Kachelmann of having raped her. Mrs Schwarzer found him guilty in an instant, and wrote from the courtroom. She wrote for a tabloid she always accused of being "sexist" before, BILD. As the trial went on, it was found Mr Kachelmann had two dozen girlfriends in the last years, sometimes five at the same time. The woman accusing him was one of these five, which he denied to marry. So Mr Kachelmann was sure guilty to Mrs Schwarzer, and she wrote it down in BILD and they made a hate-campaign against him.

To his luck, the judge panel (men AND women) found him to be not guilty. That way, he wasn't imprisoned but only lost his well-payed job as weatherman on the top broadcaster in Germany. He was well advised to have founded his own meteorological company years ago, so he had another income.

Mrs Schwarzer still says he's guilty to her.

--NightBattery--

Post by --NightBattery-- » Mon May 16, 2016 3:35 pm

oh my godness. friends, this thread was created by a master troll. About a topic that despite who is wrong and who isn't it is under the smiting eye of political correctness.
be careful. For the good of all of us.

darkbutflashy

Post by darkbutflashy » Mon May 16, 2016 3:42 pm

Yeah, that's why I thought giving some hilarious real-life examples would make people stop taking "feminism" too seriously.

BD

Post by BD » Tue May 17, 2016 4:26 am

First of all most of your accusations do seem to be mostly about "i could do this before why can't i do this now?" which is the opposite of bad, it just means that finally women have a say in stuff where they previously were completely excluded as if their presence was to be considered "useless" or even "damaging".

It's not a sign of "feminism" is a sign of "it's the fucking 21st century and you don't want to recognize half of the world's population as important yet".

Feminism might be when people started making other people notice that they were sexually harassed, which is (i would say) yet another sign of progress. Slapping somebody's butt "playfully" might have been accepted 50 years ago, i hope not today. Telling people that they have to accept your invitation out for a beer or else should never have been accepted in the first place and so on and so forth.

That said the only case in which a feminist did something criminal in all you said was with the condemnation of a rapist before he was sentenced guilty. That is unacceptable, but in all your stress venting that was the only one thing i saw. I understand you don't like it, your two post speech was a gigantic venting of stress, but personally i think most of those things you said are signs of progress not of "feminists in power".

Feminists are not in power, they are still a minority, even if they represent *half of the world's population*, and in general they are getting heard just like other minorities: slowly and painfully.

Saying that feminists are in power because you can't harass women in your workplace is like saying muslims are in power because somewhere in your town they "dared" to put a mosque.

jolshefsky
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation

Post by jolshefsky » Tue May 17, 2016 5:17 am

Miss Pris wrote:I want to point out that feminism is one of the 20th century movements largely responsible for freeing the idea of sex from reproduction, especially for women, and reminding the world after several hundred years of b.s. about the subject that women actually enjoy sex, have orgasms, and find pleasure in something other than gazing longingly into our paramours' eyes. Thanks to my upbringing in a post-feminism world I am here on this site now, openly engaging in "insider ethnography" research (so when I publish anything, I am "outed"), and not afraid to stand up for my right to... um... party, with anyone or anything with which I am legally allowed and morally disposed. Thanks to feminism, many of you fine gentlemen have had some great experiences roleplaying with sexually liberated women. The "F" word doesn't have to be a curse :)
Here here!
Miss Pris wrote:... denounce anyone for technosexual interests (by their very nature as potentially heterosexual and/or involving a woman choosing to be submissive in any way, even as a fantasy) ...
I like to point out that there's differences between "think", "say", and "do". You can think whatever you choose. But when you take action, you need to have a consenting party. I get that "saying" is weird since you can't "unhear" or "unsee" something, but is anyone at fault there, or is just the nature of the world? On the one hand you could not express the ideas, and on the other (in most cases) you can simply not read/watch/hear. I'm not sure what my point is other than maybe the condemnation does seem misguided since the whole point of women's rights is to not forbid consensual, desired behaviors that were heretofore forbidden. For people to use the "feminism" label as a tool of condemnation and censorship of consensual, desired behaviors seems altogether incorrect. If they'd just self-describe as a nosy, busy-body puritan, there would really be no issue. :)
Miss Pris wrote:Most of the people I speak to about my research - women or otherwise - were completely unaware of the existence of technosexuality/ASFR or anything similar.
This I find very fascinating. As a fetishistic category, I think it has some unique traits. For myself, it's a fetish entirely of fantasy so I don't desire to act it out in any deep way (e.g. I don't really want to have a robot copy of some attractive woman, just fantasize about it). I think most fetishes are based on the ability to have real-life experiences (everything from foot-fetishists to BDSM). There are no sentient androids–just as there are no giantesses or anthropomorphic animals–so I wonder if there is an unexplored category of sexuality there.
May your deeds return to you tenfold,

--- Jason Olshefsky