"Hard" fembots vs. "Soft" fembots: What's your preference?

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
cyberdude

Re: "Hard" fembots vs. "Soft" fembots: What's your preferenc

Post by cyberdude » Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:12 pm

Didn't read the other replies but for me I like it when the roboticness (?) shows. For soft fembots, with realistic outer appearences, I'd like to see malfunction, stuttering, lag, stiff movements, and open panels. While for hard fembotes those matters a bit less. But they do have to have a human head/face though.
That's one of the reason I like turtlenecks and jackets. They have robot bodies hiding underneath. Panels to open, wires to tangle, and buttons to press.

Esleeper
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

Post by Esleeper » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:23 am

cyberdude wrote:Didn't read the other replies but for me I like it when the roboticness (?) shows. For soft fembots, with realistic outer appearences, I'd like to see malfunction, stuttering, lag, stiff movements, and open panels. While for hard fembotes those matters a bit less. But they do have to have a human head/face though.
That's one of the reason I like turtlenecks and jackets. They have robot bodies hiding underneath. Panels to open, wires to tangle, and buttons to press.
Agreed. Though I like them hard, I prefer them to have at least a relatively human face. Easier to read their emotions that way.

Age_Of_Information
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation

Post by Age_Of_Information » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:09 am

I'm probably a bit of an outlier but, I like really exotic stuff.I like to believe that the alloys are flexible and have some give, but I guess you could call these "Hard."

Esleeper

Post by Esleeper » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:59 am

Age_Of_Information wrote:I'm probably a bit of an outlier but, I like really exotic stuff.I like to believe that the alloys are flexible and have some give, but I guess you could call these "Hard."
They are, and they're a good example of the far end of the "hard" spectrum.

stelarfox

Post by stelarfox » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:07 pm

I think it depends on the test of each one.
in my personal experience in my rp's the gynoids are soft but, only if they expent half their resources on trying, if not they become hard but in minor ways, their skin changes to more plastic, seams and displays apear on them, their talking goes more monotone and ther movements more robotic.

Basically they need to use a lot more power to pretend being human.
came here babe cyborg.

Mixgull

Post by Mixgull » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:38 pm

I prefer soft, for sure. On general hentai type and robo-vision of soft fembots.

hos_the_man_of_house
Technosexuality: None of your business
Identification: Cyborg

Post by hos_the_man_of_house » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:20 pm

In my case I like both sides of the coin. Maybe soft around the "assets", Hands, feet, and the head area while hard for the rest of the body. ^shrugs^

fembot_stalker
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation

Post by fembot_stalker » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:42 pm

Esleeper wrote:Recently, I've noticed that in addition to the typical divide between built fembots and transformed fembots, there's a second division that is all too frequently overlooked. For lack of a better way of describing it, I've borrowed the terminology I've seen some people on 4chan use to describe the division.

To my knowledge, this division applies mainly to "built" fembots, but I can easily imagine it applying to the transformed kind as well. Take that how you will

"Soft" fembots are the ones that are to a major degree identical to real human women. No immediately visible distinguishing marks or giveaways to their robotic nature, and barring any circumstances that would blatantly expose what they really are, they are (for all respects and purposes) indistinguishable from the real thing, so to speak. The Terminators would be a good example of this, as would be just about any fembot that's had a faceoff scene. Now that I think of it, this type seems to make up the majority of fembots across all forms of media, at least to my knowledge.

By contrast, "hard" fembots are clearly robotic in design, being composed primarily out of metal or inorganic materials with visible signs of its artificial origin (e.g. joints with visible articulation, circuitry that is partially or wholly exposed, etc.) That said, they still faithfully emulate the general appearance of the human form even if they eschew the details, and l can very easily imagine them being as capable of sex as their "soft" counterparts. Sorayama's gynoids are the best example of this type that I can find, and EDI in Mass Effect 3 is a good depiction of the most humanlike forms of this fembot type.

Additionally, I've noticed that some "hard" fembots push the definition of "fembot" more than their "soft" counterparts, inasmuch as they don't always appear wholly humanlike. Usually that manifests in the form of unusual facial feature like the visor-like eyes in Sorayama's work or the replacement of the whole face with a monitor, but I've seen other things like limbs with distinctly nonhuman appearance as well. In fact, some of these cases seem so inhuman in appearance that I'm not entirely sure if they could be classified as fembots at all. I have a few examples of such quasi-fembots on me, but since I'm not entirely sure it's relevant to the board I'll hold off on posting them unless anyone wants to see them.

So, what are everyone's personal preferences then? I have to admit that I'm rather partial to the more humanlike "hard" fembots- they hit just the right balance of human beauty and nonhuman appearance that I find to be uniquely appealing.

I prefer most "hard" fembots, but I will occasionally use "soft" ones if I have to go out in public with any humanoid AI. :transformer:
(alt.sex.fetish.robots) AI and UFOs are spreading all over the Globe! 2 see more, just visit us at Malestrom1000's Youtube Channel. Thank you 4 visiting us as we get closer 2 creating our (female) repairbots, (giant) r⊙b⊙t gladiatrices, fembots, sexbots & h⊙b⊙ts; now how pimpadelic is that? :transformer: :rockon: :thumbsup: :nerd: :D :) :-o 8) :lol:

stelarfox

Post by stelarfox » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:50 pm

I think that even if some can be defined as hard or soft, sometimes there is almost no limit.
Example, supose that the fembot has "joins" but only in non visible parts when dressed, is that hard or soft most of the time?

also a truly "soft" for me its not nice, part of my pleasure is to know its a machine, and being soft lacks that.
but of course, i want them to not be that hard either, so i want them to have face and all the proper parts, even if they may be removed. i want them to be there most of the time.

Even so that just my opinion and taste and nothing more.

the best will be made of plastic with seams and even exposed (visible but not exposed truly) circuitry or pannels.
even so that should not be between the eyes for example. or in the hands, will be a lot better on belly or chest. (not on breast).
came here babe cyborg.

lcy2007a

Post by lcy2007a » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:58 am

I prefer soft, but with some robotic feature is better.

stelarfox

Post by stelarfox » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:41 am

not sure but i think soft, means exactly non human, so if you want rototic features, means hard but tending to soft. I am guessing please feel free to correct me on the definition.
came here babe cyborg.

Uncom

Post by Uncom » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:13 am

h
Last edited by Uncom on Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Esleeper

Post by Esleeper » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:49 pm

stelarfox wrote:not sure but i think soft, means exactly non human, so if you want rototic features, means hard but tending to soft. I am guessing please feel free to correct me on the definition.
Not quite, it means non-robotic. Often to the Gynoid In Name Only extreme.