Hot Robot Love Research!

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
Miss Pris
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Cyborg

Hot Robot Love Research!

Post by Miss Pris » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:14 pm

Hi Everyone,

As many of you know, I'm a doctoral student in Anthropology and I'm writing my dissertation on Technosexualities. Rather than looking at technosexualities as psychological conditions that have to be explained away and/or sensationalizing these interests for pop media cache as many researchers and reporters have done in the past, I'm framing technosexualities as a part of a larger change in humanity in which the technological and the non-human are being acknowledged as intrinsic to our lives and bodies.

As a part of this research I would very much like to interview 20 to 30 people from Fembot Central about technosexual/technofetish/ASFR lives and experiences. I'm interested in hearing from anyone who would like to contribute to the research, but I'm sending out a call especially for female-identifying forum members as I know our numbers are small and I would like to interview 10 female-identifying technosexuals for this project.

If you're interested in being interviewed and contributing to this research on technosexualities/ASFR, please send me a Private Message on this forum and let me know how you'd like to be contacted (IM, email, etc.) and when it would be convenient for you to answer some questions. Depending on how long you wish to take on each question, the time commitment to complete the interview questions is about one hour (if responding via email and answering at one time; an IM interview might take a little bit longer.) All participants will be anonymous and disidentified in any and all research publications.

Thank you to everyone considering participation!

- Anna
(Miss Pris)

BD
Identification: Human

Re: Hot Robot Love Research!

Post by BD » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:57 pm

feel free to count me in but i'm male

--NightBattery--

Post by --NightBattery-- » Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:05 pm

Oh, this is really interesting.
Have you considered reach out Asian forums?
I understand some Koreans, Japanese and Chinese to some extent, have a lot of affinity to "artificial love gratification” due the high demands of their societies even if they don't identify themselves as technosexuals. I mean, develop machines to take care of your children and elders because you don't have time for them? Damn.
Perhaps there you could find a greater number of female participants.
i think you need to know the context of your interviewed subjects since societies are very different one from another and some are more close to what we assume is the future than others. It would be lovely to find what is similar and divergent in technosexuals from developing countries and industrialized nations.

Are you using the scientific method for your Thesis?
What is your hypothesis?
Are you certain you are neutral?
What a wonderful thing to become an expert on!
I already see you being interviewed on National geographic or writting some nice book that i would love to acquire.

(Battery does not know any asian forum or the combination to safe.)

Miss Pris

Post by Miss Pris » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:58 am

I would like as many male participants as female participants, so BD and any other males interested in participating, just let me know via Private Message how and when you'd like to be contacted (and if by email, please provide an email address.) Thanks so much!

And for Battery - I'm focusing on anglophone (nationality) technosexuals for my dissertation, but who knows where this research will go after that? - perhaps to Japan. It's exactly for the reasons that you mentioned that I'm focusing on anglophone technosexuals; to understand any phenomenon you have to be able to place that phenomenon within its cultural context, so any research on technosexualities in Asia would involve considerable ethnographic work in Asia before hand (which also requires considerable funding.)

The research will not be of a traditional "objective" scientific nature so I won't have to be neutral per se. Some of the methodological theory behind it is closer to what's termed "insider ethnography" in which the perceived objectivity of the neutral outside observer is traded for the (hopefully) more in-depth understanding of the insider. The scientific method does however underscore much of the study, and I do have some hypotheses. I don't want to share them at this time however as I don't want to affect people's responses to my questions, but I will gladly discuss them with whoever would like to know more after the interviews are done :)

And it would be great if a book came out of this study, but right now I'm just looking to graduate at some point :)

Stephaniebot
Technosexuality: Transformation
Identification: Android

Post by Stephaniebot » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:07 pm

I'd prefer it if you interfaced your computer with my mind, and did it that way, but I'll settle for answering questions by the more traditional method :lol:
I'm just a 'girl' who wants to become a fembot whats wrong with that?

FaceoffFembot

Post by FaceoffFembot » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:04 pm

Huh. I'm personally into fembots not because they're the future, but more because they can be shamed, hurt, modified, owned and outright "killed" (deactivated, dissassembled, so on...) without consequences or guilt, due to their nature as mass-produced units and chinese rooms. Kinda BDSM and "hateboner" cranked to 11 and made OK, without the need to create and enclose it in a magic circle with a partner first.

If you're to look at my manipulations, there's never a "strong" fembot. They're always either subservient or receiving payback for (poorly) pretending they're something else, or acting of their own will. A repair scene is a way of showing that a headstrong women is actually just processors and servomotors, a lack of reaction to a major malfunction/damage that their whole personality is a bunch of unadaptive scripts, a glitchy boss is the release of both unsatisfied lust and a strike back at your tormentor. I think BA is a strong counterpoint: fembots are frequently independent, and although their nature leads to some hijinks, they're not being punished for it, and retain guidance of their lives.

Although I developed a taste for fembots at a young age, due to the 2003 release of Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines and a TV broadcast of Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me, before discovering this board and its wiki, I got my kicks out of pictures of masked women during the Carnival of Venice, and later by looking for scenes of female unmasking in various media. So while I believe my fetish is inextricably tied to robots, and I do enjoy a good open panel, I don't think they're essential (in the truest sense of the term). It's really more of a cop-out mechanism (no pun intended) for really kinky stuff I'd be real squicky about otherwise.

But that's just my two cents. You might find similar elements of coercion in forced conversion tales, but the approach to power relationships is radically different, just as some people might find all they're looking for in the plastic sheen of a rubber skin. Maybe you're just focusing on one approach of technosexuality, and my rant is totally off-topic. Anyway, I hope your paper goes well :mrgreen:

Silkscreen
Alternate account
Technosexuality: Transformation

Post by Silkscreen » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:56 pm

My approach to this fetish is all about having a heroine which is buffed up physically without losing her feminine appearance and enhanced in her mind without losing her human traits. Though a bit of self-programming for building self-confidence is sexy in my view. Doing that with the help of technical gadgets instead of sports and drill adds the magic to it for me, "you are not expected to do that at home". As I'm a no-sports person (not even watching).

So, if you think I can give you valuable input, send me a PM with your questionaire.

--NightBattery--

Post by --NightBattery-- » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:13 pm

FaceoffFembot wrote:stuff
i feel ya no face!.

I don't personally believe any one can get, at least at this point of technology, all lusty or cuddly for androids simply because they are machines (that probably would become a better version of ourselves one day). there must be a psyche reason. even if the individual is not aware.

you know, like those "Nice guys/girls" that aren't actually nice but creepy that keep looking out for screwed up partners thinking they are too in love and fail since they actually play to lose, since they are just trying to have some one to acknowledge them because they had negligent yet demanding parents that never had time for them? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

But, what the hell do i know too.

Maybe people has a lot of imagination and can't wait to accidentally meet a nice green glowing eyes brunnette android that by accident tripped with you and now you have to help her pick up the oranges she bought for some reason and then you spent some time with her having a coffe and stuff...and now you are in love with some creature that not only is perfectly social and incapable of harming you but it also is virtually immortal and good at math

Miss Pris

Post by Miss Pris » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:39 pm

I'm happy to interview with anyone in the group, whatever aspect(s) of technosexualities that you're interested in; all of these different perspectives are why I pluralize it (instead of technosexuality or technofetish.) I'm interested in discussing many varying approaches to technosexual interests in my research, but the reason I focus on technosexualities as a place we're going as humans (and not just as a fetish as it is for many in the present moment) is that I want to place it in a larger discussion of changing human interactions with the nonhuman, and also avoid the pathologizing of these interests - avoid suggesting that technosexual interests are a psychological defect (as has tended to happen before now in research.)

Additionally, I want to make sure I'm showing the variation that can be found here at this site - which of course includes ASFR/technofetish interests in which machines are just fantasy, surrogate, etc. This is why I'm doing mostly qualitative methods and asking people to take some time on the interview/questionaire, write as much as they want, ask questions, etc. I want to get people's stories, not reduce them to cardboard characters that fit into reinterpreted pop-psych categories from long-defunct 19th century sexology (as also has tended to happen in the research.) I'm not saying that there isn't a reason for technosexual and ASFR interests, just that it isn't necessarily trauma, psychological condition, social inadequacy, etc. Previous research on technosexualities doesn't speak to my own experience, life or interests, and the time I've spent on this site made me realize that I probably wasn't alone in not being (well) represented in previous work.

So please, feel free to interview with me, give your two cents on the forum - whatever you want to say about this subject will be welcomed by me, and most others here I imagine :)

liliwinnt6
Banned

Post by liliwinnt6 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:49 pm

well I'm interested about what kind of the question would be prepared for the interview lol
Fellas, you may address me as Boris, my ID could be troublesome for you to call me.
BTW, my stories would be updated without notifications.
https://www.turboimagehost.com/album/14 ... ock_images

Miss Pris

Post by Miss Pris » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:15 am

liliwinnt6 wrote:well I'm interested about what kind of the question would be prepared for the interview lol
The questions mostly ask about what kinds of interests individuals have - sexual, romantic, media, and/or being machinic themselves.