ASFR and ASMR

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
Grendizer
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

ASFR and ASMR

Post by Grendizer » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:04 pm

I did a search, and a small handful of folks in the community have already brought this up, but I don't think the discussions were so fruitful. Many of you may not know what the hell I'm talking about, and neither did I (despite experiencing it for most of my life), until about a month ago. So here's a primer: ASMR University

I was overjoyed to find out there's an actual name and community attached to this phenomenon. I also think it overlaps with a portion of my robot fetish, and this might cross over with others here who haven't explored this possibility.

I think the biggest indicator around here may be if you enjoy watching people tinker with mechanical things. By "enjoy" I mean a physical reaction (relaxation, or tingles in your head, maybe mild euphoria, etc.). If watching people tinker can put you in a kind of mild semi-trance, then you may be experiencing ASMR.

The best way to describe it is the pleasurable inverse of most people's reaction to the sound of scratching a blackboard. Just so you know, I hate that sound too, and for the same reason -- but some other sounds are just as pleasurable for me as that is painful. For instance, I get pleasurable shivers when listening to whispers spoken directly into my ear (via audio file or IRL). I also get a sustained mild euphoria from being examined by an ophthalmologist, or when I get a haircut. I didn't realize until recently that most people don't have an intense reaction to electric razors buzzing at the back of their neck.

The feeling is not actually sexual. The best analogy is a massage. Given context and intent, it can become sexual, but is really just a sensual experience. Here is a kind of bridge video that may make this sort of thing clear for those into transformation: Being repaired.
And possibly for the rest of you: Tape recorder repair.

I hope this led to self-discovery for somebody here... ;)
If freedom is outlawed, only outlaws will be free.

My Stories: Teacher: Lesson 1, Teacher: Lesson 2, Quick Corruptions, A New Purpose

33cl33

Re: ASFR and ASMR

Post by 33cl33 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:48 pm

Same here, as far as not knowing this was a 'thing' until almost my 30's, despite experiencing it my whole life. Lots of good asmr youtube channels out there.
SynthSuite audio clips, etc: https://linktr.ee/synthsuite

Grendizer

Post by Grendizer » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:36 pm

At this point, I have to say that finding out about it has already changed my life for the better. Using a simple Youtube video, I was able to induce a state of mild euphoria for more than an hour; it lowered my blood pressure and helped me sleep, even hours after playing the video. It's thought by many to help with anxiety, depression, and even pain. I've been a pretty chill person my whole life, so I'm wondering if this has had an effect without me knowing about it. I'm hoping my friends have it, because it could help them while reducing some of their medical costs and risks. It's not well understood, to put it mildly, but I don't see a downside yet.

My Stories: Teacher: Lesson 1, Teacher: Lesson 2, Quick Corruptions, A New Purpose

darkbutflashy
Technosexuality: Transformation

Post by darkbutflashy » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:46 am

You are lucky whispers in your ear do that to you. To me, for example, they are extremly unnerving, even if I could not understand what is said. Same for all the other examples they give on their web page.

The only things which make me crinkle in bliss are high-pitched flute sounds, snare drums or percussion and it has to stop after a few seconds or I get sensory overload and a big fat headache. Oh, and scratching my back with sharp fingernails works, too. That one also over a longer period. The latter gave my ex-wife horrors, as it was quite the opposite what she needed -massages- to get the same effect. To me, massages are extremly agonizing.
Do you like or dislike my ongoing story Battlemachine Ayako? Leave a comment on the story's discussion pages on the wiki or in that thread. Thank you!

33cl33

Post by 33cl33 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:03 am

Grendizer wrote:I was able to induce a state of mild euphoria for more than an hour; it lowered my blood pressure and helped me sleep, even hours after playing the video. It's thought by many to help with anxiety, depression, and even pain.
Totally. I think I even found out about the YouTube trend through this very website a long while back... and promptly forgot about it, because I didn't realize it's exactly what I was experiencing during haircuts, dentist visits, massages, etc. Probably why I liked watching Bob Ross and Mr Wizard as a kid - all that soft talking and tinkering with things.

But anyway - wanted to say, that for those who this affects positively, it can be a hugely beneficial tool in dealing with anxiety and depression. Mine has been crippling lately. And while I do yoga, meditation, exercise, etc... Sometimes the tornado of internal monologue just won't stop. And using a handful of these videos (I'm a big fan of Allie at asmrrequests) - I can completely derail my anxiety, and usually have an amazing night's sleep.

Clearly, it doesn't work for everyone. But it's something to check out if you haven't.
SynthSuite audio clips, etc: https://linktr.ee/synthsuite

Grendizer

Post by Grendizer » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:37 am

darkbutflashy wrote:You are lucky whispers in your ear do that to you.
To me, massages are extremly agonizing.
Yeah, I know I'm lucky. Really, the way things have gone for me, I could use the luck. While it's not an issue now, I have in the past feared medical situations might addict me to pain killers. I don't mind recreational drug use -- but I do mind addiction.

I get why you and others might not like massages. The amount and type of force you need for scratching is effectively the opposite of most massages, so it makes sense that they would put you off. My sister hates them also.
33cl33 wrote: Totally. I think I even found out about the YouTube trend through this very website a long while back... and promptly forgot about it, because I didn't realize it's exactly what I was experiencing during haircuts, dentist visits, massages, etc. Probably why I liked watching Bob Ross and Mr Wizard as a kid - all that soft talking and tinkering with things.
I was always an art and science nerd, so the pleasurable semi-trance those shows put me in made a lot of sense at the time. It's only recently that I realized that it had something to do with how I felt during haircuts. I think I respond to libraries the same way: quiet page turning...