Transformation or Conversion

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
Spaz
Fembot Central Staff
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation
Identification: Human

Transformation or Conversion

Post by Spaz » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:39 pm

I was wondering, should there be a definable difference in the transformation category? What I mean is, a difference between individuals who have their body violently or chemically transformed into a robot body, and individuals who have their brains or consciousness transferred from their organic body into an artificial one. So far, both are merely considered transformation, but I think different.

I believe the former should be defined as Transformation, the latter should be defined as Conversion. This would allow more accurate sorting for the story archive on FembotWiki.

What do you think?
Check out my stories: https://www.fembotwiki.com/index.php?title=User:Spaz

Current story status: The Small Business Chronicles: Season Two | The Doctor is in - The Clinic (In progress...)

Silkscreen
Alternate account
Technosexuality: Transformation
Identification: Cyborg

Re: Transformation or Conversion

Post by Silkscreen » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:00 pm

I think you are making up words. Transformation and conversion are synonymous to me and if anyone asks what kind of difference is between the two I would never guess it's the change of body vs. the transfer of consciousness. And if someone told me it is, I would say it rather is the change of the body itself what is "conversion".

No, that doesn't make sense at all.

Spaz
Fembot Central Staff

Post by Spaz » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:04 pm

Well, some people don't like transformation stories because they basically have cyborgs: Humans who have added mechanical components. Instant turnoff.

I'm just trying to come up with a better term for the transference of the consciousness, to better differentiate it from transformation.

Current story status: The Small Business Chronicles: Season Two | The Doctor is in - The Clinic (In progress...)

darkbutflashy

Post by darkbutflashy » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:52 pm

Everytime I read about things people don't like it's an instant turnoff to me. People seeking for perfection and so on, I guess.

I see your point. A cyborg is not perfect, by any means. It's a strive for perfection, not perfect by creation. It's essentially human. And trying. That's an instant turnon to me: trying.

Maybe your notion of transformation is correct but conversion really isn't different enough. I'd name that category "Robotic Rebirth", "Robot Reboot" or so.
Do you like or dislike my ongoing story Battlemachine Ayako? Leave a comment on the story's discussion pages on the wiki or in that thread. Thank you!

Spaz
Fembot Central Staff

Post by Spaz » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:06 pm

Well, my problem is many of my stories feature the 'robotic rebirth', yet they have been classified as transformation stories. I don't want people being turned off before they even read them.

darkbutflashy

Post by darkbutflashy » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:29 pm

Perfectly understandable. So just remove the Category:Transformation from the article (or comment it out), it's your author's priviledge.

For adding new categories, fine to me. But "Conversion"? If you had to explain it, it's not suited to be a category. What do you think, is "Robotic Rebirth" understandable enough and does it fit enough stories?
Do you like or dislike my ongoing story Battlemachine Ayako? Leave a comment on the story's discussion pages on the wiki or in that thread. Thank you!

dale coba

Post by dale coba » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:59 pm

Feel free to use any of this, if it helps you find the distinctions and terms you seek.

The Stepford Scale of Hardcore.

- Dale Coba
8) :!: :nerd: :idea: : :nerd: :shock: :lovestruck: [ :twisted: :dancing: :oops: :wink: :twisted: ] = [ :drooling: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :party:... ... :applause: :D :lovestruck: :notworthy: :rockon: ]

--NightBattery--

Post by --NightBattery-- » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:29 pm

yay, the awesome evil fantasy scale

The Liar

Post by The Liar » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:44 am

Their is already a Built: Copied Human category, just add a Built: Transferred Human category.

The Built/Transformation category is already defined as what you want in the 'Stories sorted by category' section, though that was really supposed to have referred to stories that had both.
All criticism of my work is both welcome, and encouraged.
My work is uploaded under the Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike 4.0 license, so as long as attribution is given, feel free to disseminate.

dale coba

Post by dale coba » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:53 am

My proposal: unknowable origin.

I would program four complete memory files into my units.
- born human, converted voluntarily.
- born human, converted against her will.
- born human, converted without knowing, sleeper.
- built "from scratch" (including "memories" of just being her design blueprints, and of videos taken of her while being assembled).

The consumer can select from those four memory sets. The unit can even simultaneously remember and believe two or more impossibly contradictory stories.

She knows her mind is programmed, but she can not help but believe what she is programmed to believe.

So if you run across any of my units, feel free to imagine that they were built (if that's what you are into). They don't know the truth, only their own programmed truth.

Vampires are erotic. They desire, they dominate, they take what they want. Vampires kill some, and make others undead. They are unapologetic.

How bad are men like me, upgrading and programming women, compared to that? We take far fewer women. We don't throw them away like table scraps. Our units look and sound very happy and grateful - and their owners are very happy and grateful.

- Dale "Better than Vampires" Coba
8) :!: :nerd: :idea: : :nerd: :shock: :lovestruck: [ :twisted: :dancing: :oops: :wink: :twisted: ] = [ :drooling: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :party:... ... :applause: :D :lovestruck: :notworthy: :rockon: ]