Questions about ASFR

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
dale coba
Technosexuality: Transformation
Identification: Human

Re: Questions about ASFR

Post by dale coba » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:14 pm

When I see a beautiful woman on the screen, my brain says, "I desire that prime example of beauty." The immediate, if subconscious thought that follows, is "Beautiful woman = robot. Fingers crossed..."

When her fembot face is revealed, I see without a doubt that she is less than a person. She is an object that should be owned, programmed, used and enjoyed. BINGO, Victory!

There's nothing uncanny about a fembot face. It's incongrous. Uncannyness could arise from comparing that face to her fluid, graceful movements, or to her melodic, human voice talking about being a human.

There's something there, but I don't think we've got precise terminology.
Wikipedia wrote:The uncanny valley is a hypothesis in the field of aesthetics which holds that when features look and move almost, but not exactly, like natural beings, it causes a response of revulsion among some observers.
A face full of transistors does not look almost like a natural woman. The disturbed observers are annoyed at not being able to cleanly put the [uncanny valley case] into the human OR the machine category, but not both. I like the unintended seductive tease of escalating software glitches, but with a face-off we are talking about frank proof of the fembot.

- Dale Coba
8) :!: :nerd: :idea: : :nerd: :shock: :lovestruck: [ :twisted: :dancing: :oops: :wink: :twisted: ] = [ :drooling: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :party:... ... :applause: :D :lovestruck: :notworthy: :rockon: ]

dale coba

Post by dale coba » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:46 pm

Hey, I know the full erotic power of "too perfect" - I'm from Stepford. :lol: :twisted: :lovestruck: :party:

I think you are in the next valley over, not the Uncanny one. You've gone over and beyond the bell curve mountain of average-plausible people, and ended up on the far side. We could call that the Utopian Valley.

I couldn't figure out if there is a trope for that.

- Dale Coba
8) :!: :nerd: :idea: : :nerd: :shock: :lovestruck: [ :twisted: :dancing: :oops: :wink: :twisted: ] = [ :drooling: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :party:... ... :applause: :D :lovestruck: :notworthy: :rockon: ]

darkbutflashy

Post by darkbutflashy » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:42 am

I think the OP is away. Had his fun. Bah, they always come so early.

Wish we had a decent troll once in a while. :nerd:
Do you like or dislike my ongoing story Battlemachine Ayako? Leave a comment on the story's discussion pages on the wiki or in that thread. Thank you!

KingJeremy

Post by KingJeremy » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:14 am

darkbutflashy wrote:I think the OP is away. Had his fun. Bah, they always come so early.

Wish we had a decent troll once in a while. :nerd:
I don't know, I feel like he or she was asking some good questions with the intention of genuinely wanting to learn about the community. Seemed like pretty innocuous stuff to be considered a troll. It can't be easy to cover all the bases on a subject as diverse as this one, especially when it's not their "thing".

dale coba

Post by dale coba » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:47 am

I don't think darkbutflashy was saying FractalHeretic was a troll.
He was wishing for a troll, because they stick around to argue with.
An argument is at least something to engage in (as darkbutflashy puts it).

- Dale Coba

darkbutflashy

Post by darkbutflashy » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:35 pm

Actually I like to tease the OP a bit. :P

I'm not reluctant to play my part in a decent troll. It's a kind of roleplay in which someone asks innocent questions to receive hyperbolic answers. I like it, gives me the chance to act abnormally evil (well, abnormally for me) just by giving falsehoods in return while pretending to be all honest, and denying the disired exaggeration part.

Sad robogirl makes you sad
Do you like or dislike my ongoing story Battlemachine Ayako? Leave a comment on the story's discussion pages on the wiki or in that thread. Thank you!

darkbutflashy

Post by darkbutflashy » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:42 pm

N6688
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Android

Post by N6688 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:13 am

FractalHeretic wrote:I'm new here, and was surprised to find there's a whole community of people with a robot fetish. David Levy, in his book, predicted that the first customers of sexbots would be desperate lonely nerds, but maybe he didn't know about you guys?

I started being interested in sexbots and AI about a year ago when I saw the movie "Her." I've never had a fetish for robots, but am interested in them for other reasons. As I'm starting a website and getting more involved in related circles, I'd like to know more about this community.

- What is it about robots that appeals to you?

Thanks
1)Well for me its the fact that well.......for some reason i've liked robots (in some form) since i was a kid.
i saw anime's like gundam or other mech related shows and and thought "damn those things are cool".
And one day when i was in my teens (11 or 12 i don't realy remember the specifics) i saw a French movie with louis du funes, which had alien robots bikini babes and it just "one part of my brain made the connection with the other part" i guess.
To answer your question, my anwer is: Because i think they're cool and interesting.

2)And maybe the controll aspect aswell.
A robot (a dumb one at least, without any sort of human consciousness, if the robot in question DOES have some sort of human consciousness that's a wole other ballpark) you can pretty tell them anything and they would just do it.
And i have to admit, it's a turn on for me.

I hope that answers your question and welcome to our little forum :)
"Robot wives have needs, too"
Goku, Dragonball fighterZ 2017

FractalHeretic

Post by FractalHeretic » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:10 pm

I'm not dead, just busy irl. Survey is posted! :party:

http://www.fembotcentral.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12734
"These are the droids you're looking for."
www.robophilia.net

Muchacho

Post by Muchacho » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:56 pm

I don't know why and how but my interests are more focused on robotic motion in a woman like this http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vK3M-HiGZOY
It's even better if it has whirring sounds.
Theres so much interest on a blank stare face and malfunction. Maybe these aspects could be asked on the survey.

darkbutflashy

Post by darkbutflashy » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:13 pm

OOOOOOOO...... YEAAAAAAHHH.

Muppet's "Shields and Yarnell" show comes to mind. Oh, yeah, and this one: