A look from far away

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
Kube²
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

A look from far away

Post by Kube² » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:53 am

hey !

I m around since a few year now, more than a decade now and I have the feeling this community is not evolving a lot.
I was reading the last stuff about mirage and all the drama around it. Even if i'm not the first fan about is recent work I think it show some of the problem about here.

1 --> Not so open minded people. My belief is that 90% of the people here expect to find a manipped pin up with a computer board more or less correctly inserted in her belly ! Nothing less nothing more. There is very few place for anything else and you need a long long long time to make people accepting work that is a little bit different. The interesting story about this is that I came here ten year ago with a different pseudo and with my first manips (that were not very good that s true) and I was shot down so violently that a decide to come back later with a different pseudo and better stuff.... Things get better for me but ... but I still remenber it !

2 --> Not a big turn over, always the same guys ! always the same name since 10 years ! Well you could ask me: why are you not contributing more yourself ! The answer is very simple: my very last works here was mostly appreciated (75%) but I also got a good amount of clearly non constructive criticism and a very clear lack of interest, relatively to the size of the project it was honestly really hard to understand. So I cry a little bit about it (this page is a good example http://www.fembotcentral.net/viewtopic. ... 6&start=10), then I decide to do what Mirage don't do, I decided to keep 95 % of this work for myself, and trust me you miss a really big bunch of really nice things... Too bad !

3 --> Not enought collaborative work and help between menbers. I knew a few community (music) were people share technical tips and do collaborative project and built their community on this idea. Clearly its not the case here. a few time i was asking for help about one of my project were I have a lot of writting to do (but as you can guess english is not my mother tongue so it was hard for me) only got a little help from Dale and many critisism just for daring asking for some help... Not good !

So I'm still here, yes I feel a little bit frustrated about this place, but in the end i love you in a certain sort of way because i feel like knowing you since a long time. In the end maybe that is precisely the problem here, not enough love (or friendship)

FaceoffFembot

Re: A look from far away

Post by FaceoffFembot » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:47 pm

On the open-mindedness: you've got tho separate the person and the content-creator. BA's sentient, independent fembots are not my interest, and I'm definitely not a fan of Dale Coba's Stepford narrative, but I think they're both great persons, that they're invaluable to the community, and that they bring a necessary diversity to this board.

I was never interested in Mirage's productions, but I have seen his posts. Between his foul mouth, his bitter rants and his fedora-tipping MRA bull, I'm definitely not regretting him. Maybe he did get some undeserved flak over his productions, maybe he has a tense life outside of this board, but that's no excuse. We're all adults here, FFS, and we're not facing harassement, so this degree of lashing out is unnecessary.

Also, I don't get you on the turnover being extremely small. We're a forum dedicated to a minor, and to be fair, somewhat off-putting fetish, so I wouldn't expect a big audience. And I can churn out content, no matter how crappy, and post regularly, because I'm an upper middle-class college slacker, a situation that leaves me with a lot of free-time on my hands, something not everyone might enjoy.

darkbutflashy
Technosexuality: Transformation

Post by darkbutflashy » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:08 pm

Kube² wrote:Not enought collaborative work and help between menbers.
To me it's enough when people like to collaborate with me. That's something you cannot call for, let alone call for a group of people, it just happens between two persons, and maybe it happens between one of a team and a third and so on. If you wish for more collaboration, go ahead and PM a person who liked your work in the forums. Or PM a person whose work you like. The forums are too open for that, you need to PM and chat.

For example I think Battery and I have a vibe, got it during a RP session (which we have to continue someday, I think). Maybe it had happened through the forums, too, but the personal interaction was the crucial part. You can use the forums to get to someone who shares the same kink but to keep up the communication with those persons is your very own duty.
Do you like or dislike my ongoing story Battlemachine Ayako? Leave a comment on the story's discussion pages on the wiki or in that thread. Thank you!

--NightBattery--

Post by --NightBattery-- » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:51 pm

Hey,
Also don't forget about the collaborative work of CWButterfly and Mcoy(i think), they don't even post stuff in the forums oftenly,
they just appear and *poff* CONTENT!
Yes, yes, the PM world is just like the ocean beneath the surface, active and full of life!
who knows what is gestating right now as we write.
(Mostly roleplaying that could be translated in good stories i believe.)

I could say i have been modestly succesful in team play with other people here, mostly just for fun, share daydreaming or for very little things like asking second opinions or art trades, but when it doesn't work, well, i carry on, i try to be approachable and i believe that has got me some friends, and for me, that's enough.

Also, i don't know if this is on topic, but if thurosis and Mirage had never shared their works, i would never had the courage to share mine.
so i believe the more active members there are the more others get encouraged.
i think.
Even if it takes a lot of time.
And what flashy says about own duty and initiative, it's quite true.
I hope this thread help to plant the seeds of collaborative work in the future, somehow.

For my side, if some one needs me for something, you'll always have my Axe.

darkbutflashy

Post by darkbutflashy » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:26 pm

Kube, I think I should make you remember
Missing your collab request in my inbox.
Do you like or dislike my ongoing story Battlemachine Ayako? Leave a comment on the story's discussion pages on the wiki or in that thread. Thank you!

33cl33

Post by 33cl33 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:41 am

I think a lot of the reasons are touched on above.

The active posters on here are a relatively small number, so the ones that regularly converse/collab/give feedback are going to be even smaller in number.

Don't forget the nature of the site. Sure, musicians are quick to share tips on technique and technical gear. I'm a photographer - and you can't swing a dead cat without hitting another photographer who's quick to tell you how to use a camera. But this is a site focusing on a subculture of sexual fetish. And a lot of people have all sorts of issues around sexuality making them unlikely to open up to a total stranger, especially when we're reading headlines about cyber security breaches every day.

On the flip side, because of the sporadic nature of the membership, and the sexual topics - it also appears that there's seldom overlap in people's specific interests. If you took a random sample of 20 members - you'd likely find 15 different clashing tastes in exactly what kind of "sex" "robot" ideas they're here to explore. Dolls, statues, actual robots, converted humans, hypnotism, etc.

Don't take things personally on here, even though it's all of a very personal nature. I just don't think most of us are on here to make friends. And that doesn't have to be a bad thing.

I do think the mods could be a bit more proactive re: the Mirage issue. I don't think it would have been unreasonable to block him long ago. I just started avoiding any thread his handle appeared next to... So I missed this last meltdown. But honestly, it is off-putting how many people blow smoke up his ass when he clearly has some issues to work out. But they're probably better than I for letting him stick around. No big deal.

But I'm not really here for the community. I've ended up leaving pretty much any tribe I found myself in over the years. But I keep coming back here to indulge the imagination with mechanical ladies. If anyone doesn't see the kind of stories, art, videos, whatever that they'd like to see - well, that's a good indicator you should go out and create it! Just do it for yourself first. If the masses pile praise upon you - cool. If not, don't sweat it.
SynthSuite audio clips, etc: https://linktr.ee/synthsuite

N6688
Identification: Android

Post by N6688 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:02 am

Weird, i never realy produced "good stuff" either but i Always got nothing but productive critisism.
I never got "shot down" like you discribe, maybe the comunity did evolve more than you think kube :)
"Robot wives have needs, too"
Goku, Dragonball fighterZ 2017

darkbutflashy

Post by darkbutflashy » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:28 am

Kishin wrote:awful Lady Battle Cop images
Hey, those have been the best part of the whole film. :wink:

EDIT: Changed my avatar to make it a reminder we have all different tastes. Go, metal girlies. :lovestruck:

dale coba

Post by dale coba » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:45 am

Robotman wrote:If we go and insta-ban members every time someone picked a fight or acted like an asshole, we'd decimate our membership in a matter of months.
I would have been snuffed out like nine years ago.

Mirage never wanted to be a disruptive influence, but he is. He can not see and own and moderate his pathological personality tendencies. After him, I think I'm next on the Fembot Central historical worst disruptor list - which I don't want to be, but I OWN my pathology (even if I can not always P'WN it).

- Dale Coba
8) :!: :nerd: :idea: : :nerd: :shock: :lovestruck: [ :twisted: :dancing: :oops: :wink: :twisted: ] = [ :drooling: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :party:... ... :applause: :D :lovestruck: :notworthy: :rockon: ]