Triangular theory of love

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.

What kind of love would you have for a fembot?

Liking/friendship
13%
Infatuated love
18%
Empty love
7%
Romantic love
24%
Companionate love
18%
Fatuous love
5%
Consummate love
15%

Total votes : 55

User avatarRobotman
Fembot Central Staff

Triangular theory of love

Postby Robotman » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:31 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triangular ... ms_of_love

Just stumbled across this link on Wikipedia. It made me think about the type of "relationship" I'd have with my fembot/fembots. I've said before that I don't think I could ever fall in love with a robot, and that I could only ever use one for sex, so now (under this theory) I think that falls under the category of "Infatuated love". This is all about the "passion" - all about the sexual and carnal experience. This is the type of feeling I get when I fantasize about a robot showing off what she really is.

So what kind of "love" fits your ideal relationship with a fembot? And what makes you feel that way, and what do you look forward to about such a relationship?

Re: Triangular theory of love

Postby Spaz » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:39 am

I picked companionate love because, while it may or may not be possible to truly fall in love with a robot, I would want a bit more out of it than just sex. If it did have a reasonably sophisticated intelligence, I would prefer to use it as a sounding board for my thoughts, my ideas, and my feelings.
“Sometimes we strive so hard for perfection that we forget that imperfection is happiness” - Karen Nave

Check out my stories: http://www.fembotwiki.com/index.php?title=User:Spaz#My_stories

Current story status: The Small Business Chronicles - Season Two (In Development)

Postby dale coba » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:03 pm

I would say, a mix of infatuated love, non-love, and a kind of inverse of the romantic love category (completely knowing that she is a lie, but enjoying her - as well as being able to shut her off or customize her). A parody of romance.

- Dale Coba
8) :!: :nerd: :idea: : :nerd: :shock: :lovestruck: [ :twisted: :dancing: :oops: :wink: :twisted: ] = [ :drooling: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :party:... ... :applause: :D :lovestruck: :notworthy: :rockon: ]

Postby Mirage » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:33 pm

I think it's obvious for myself, romantic all the way.

User avatarRobotman
Fembot Central Staff

Postby Robotman » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:35 pm

I'm really surprised "Consummate love" hasn't gotten any votes.

User avatarRobotman
Fembot Central Staff

Postby Robotman » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:41 am

Would anyone object to me "stickying" this thread so it stays at the top of the Discussion forum? I'm curious to see what kind of responses it would get over a longer time period.

Postby australopith » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:10 am

If my fembot were as humanlike as the characters I write about/imagine, I'd definitely default to treating her as a human; and shoot for romantic love—which might develop, in time, into consummate love.
It ideally wouldn't be too different from a human relationship; except that if the fembot were built for me, I might get the opportunity to create the person I think I'd like most—a none-too-original idea, I'm sure, but still a fascinating one.

Postby daphne » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:17 am

My assumption is that love with a fembot is fatuous love. You have commitment, essentially, by design, since as property she can never leave. You also have passion in the form of sexual attraction and activity. What you do not and cannot have is intimacy or friendship, which requires another entity with agency, which the fembot is not.

Postby daphne » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:20 am

It's interesting to me, however, that so many people desire "love" out of the machine which is incapable of such. By its nature the fembot can never truly love, even if it has emotions; love is given, not taken, and by design it has no choice in the matter.

Postby dale coba » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:59 am

They would seem to be satisfied with the idea of imaginary love, and call it real. Can they not imagine asking for this love from a person? Why not have a wife and a toy/pet?

I know my appetite for fembots comes from my lustful, reptilian brain stem. I am not looking for an echo of myself, but rather a thing from which I may take everything while harming no one.

I believe this imaginary love positions the human and the fembot equidistant from the point dividing humanity from non-humanity. The Fembot would be a reflection in an empathic mirror. Is the human seeking validation of his emotional palette? A narcissistic solution to a question of self-doubt? To show himself that the dimensions and depth of the intensity of his emotions work in a relationship? Unless he is Moe Szyslak or violent/negative, such a robot would teach a man to become capable and prove to himself that a human relationship would also work.

I wish those seeking this kind of love could have the opportunity to imagine out their entire ideal scenarios, and see how this scenario changes as they are changed by their experience with a fembot. Call it a Day of Reckonin'.

- Dale Coba
8) :!: :nerd: :idea: : :nerd: :shock: :lovestruck: [ :twisted: :dancing: :oops: :wink: :twisted: ] = [ :drooling: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :party:... ... :applause: :D :lovestruck: :notworthy: :rockon: ]

Next

Return to Discussion