Proposal: The Four Degrees of Malfunction

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
dale coba
Technosexuality: Transformation
Identification: Human

Proposal: The Four Degrees of Malfunction

Post by dale coba » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:46 pm

[Here's an attempt to formalize a framework around malfunctioning.]
There are four degrees of malfunction severity, each a different factor to pile up upon her poor, over-taxed C.P.U.

Malfunction level One:
The imitation of a person under stress, indistinguishable from normal human stressed behavior.

Malfunction level Two:
Her stress behaviors become intense, repetitive and oddly arranged. She has a new reason for stress, because she can be seen flailing, hardly performing perfectly as per the dictates of her programming.

The operating system speaks error messages, because she has become too occupied to keep her robot "self" separate from her human personality.

Malfunction level Three:
At this intensity, her inhumanity has become obvious. Her ability to actively block out her own knowledge that she is a robot is compromised. Realizing that she is a robot spawns a new crisis.

Further, realizing that she has utterly failed in her priority to remain undetected creates an additional level of crisis.

Malfunction level Four:
The personality can no longer suppress any of her inherent qualities, including her over-flowing sexuality. In her extreme disorientation, she has become her true state: a vulnerable, self-objectifying, hyper-sexualized machine.
Stages may be omitted, or sometimes occur out of this order.

There are three potential aspects to a sleeper-fembot's malfunction: her speech, her movements, and her perceptions.

In separate threads for each of those aspects, I want to describe all the different fembot phenomena which may occur during these four degrees of malfunction.

- Dale Coba
8) :!: :nerd: :idea: : :nerd: :shock: :lovestruck: [ :twisted: :dancing: :oops: :wink: :twisted: ] = [ :drooling: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :party:... ... :applause: :D :lovestruck: :notworthy: :rockon: ]

TheRealMaestro
Technosexuality: Built

Re: Proposal: The Four Degrees of Malfunction

Post by TheRealMaestro » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:34 pm

[This post has been deleted.]
Last edited by TheRealMaestro on Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dale coba

Post by dale coba » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:15 pm

TheRealMaestro wrote:This is quite intriguing and I look forward to reading more; malfunctions are always a curious and often an attractive thing indeed. I look forward to reading
you elaborate this in further posts; how often do you intend to expand/update
this?
I began with categorizing babble, then backed up to categorize the categories. I would have posted the babble by now, but my computer /FTP problems have distracted me.

The goal was to create categories, and then add all specific tropes in as I can think of distinct, new ones; e.g. babbling where a fembot repeats the same sentence in various different intonations, like an actress trying out different line readings.

I was watching a good Robolust clip, but it could have been great if the performer had a clear sense of several pieces of "business" specific to that scene (beyond simple repetitions of phrase and stiff arms).
As a suggestion, though, this model seems to be a bit restrictive to gynoids
that are not aware that they are gynoids, what you term "sleepers".
They are the most complex creatures, layers and sub-layers of identity.
This is the most distinctive in Stage III, when you speak of "blocking out knowledge".
What about those gynoids that are aware of their own nature? The third
stage could likely be further generalised, namely that by now it is nearly
impossible for her to function. This could actually be divided into a stage
between the second and third, where ordinary behaviour becomes increasingly
difficult but not quite impossible; or is this what you had in mind for Stage II?
Stage II has few enough, small enough truly inhuman anomalies that standard clueless newbies will still be trying to see a human where there is none. Stage III is where the newbies get clued in, and where we get to anticipate the fun about to happen. Exactly where to demarcate the transition from one stage to another is not sharp for me; and four stages seemed right, but one could add a zeroth stage, functioning properly.
Furthermore, the fourth stage needn't be 'over-flowing sexuality' as you say;
that seems to be characteristic of the third stage, as mentioned above.
As much as this is about the stages, it's also about crises precipitating, propelling her to further depths of overwhelmedness. The greater truthiness of fembot lovers such as me would be that beautiful women in the world are all closeted fembots (sleepers or not), and are maturing into their ideal, objectified sexuality; which includes letting me in on their secrets, giving me administrator privileges, and generally indulging my id with the sexual worldview that my reptile-brainstem without higher consciousness would want.
What exactly do you have in mind? It feels that this is more elaborate
in your mind than you seem to share here, especially with that first sentence,
and so clarifying it would be intriguing indeed. Where would a system
crash (as a result of gradual build-up, not a sudden crash due to, e.g.
an instantly lethal lightning strike) fit on this scale? As part of Stage IV,
or something following it?
There are considerations based on damage to the machine; but if you want fun malfunctions, it's the ego damage that disarms her, and leaves her receptive to what we want to be true. What she appears to be is the surface. The personality programs are all temporary, clouds of air in the machine. What do we want to find beneath her facade? Nesting dolls, and beauty inside to be unshelled.
Could you also give some examples of malfunctions and note their progression?
Preferably originally written, but examples from stories or media would also be good.
Tomorrow I'm attacking my FTP troubles; but BA's classic Ignorance is Bliss is the sort of story which could be analyzed, diagrammed with its fine examples.
I would like to hear more about this classification/progression system; I think
it has a lot of potential to be expanded.
Yes, the potential is here to harness the insights of our writers, who grapple with their muses to try to find enjoyable strolls from Point A to Point "Take me; take me, now!"

- Dale Coba
8) :!: :nerd: :idea: : :nerd: :shock: :lovestruck: [ :twisted: :dancing: :oops: :wink: :twisted: ] = [ :drooling: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :party:... ... :applause: :D :lovestruck: :notworthy: :rockon: ]

dale coba

Post by dale coba » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:55 am

Actually, my favorite winningest plot of the moment is entirely structured around malfunctions. So I will share my unpolished gem.

The Real Slutwives of Stepford

- Dale Coba

dale coba

Post by dale coba » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:48 pm

TheRealMaestro

Post by TheRealMaestro » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:49 am

[This post has been deleted.]
Last edited by TheRealMaestro on Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dale coba

Post by dale coba » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:07 pm

TheRealMaestro wrote:Sorry if I am overwhelming you with questions upon your return
from the holidays; it feels to me you have already thought much
on how this works, and I want to bring these details into the open.
Ehh, it's no burden - no holidays, no travel, nothing over here.
Just feel free to respond to any little fraction, not be burdened by the whole of my ramble.
I understand you a bit more clearly now, now that your intended scope
or limits of your analysis are set. I had in mind that this would simply be
a progression from normal to severe malfunctions, while now I understand
that this is for the 'fun malfunctions'. I agree; total system failure easily
brings an appealing moment to a sudden halt as one's partner is no longer
there to enjoy it with them, while other errors and malfunctions only will
heighten the described experience.
I decided that uncontrolled, unstaged malfunctions aren't natural features of future tech. We watch movies, they need dramatic plots; but in fact the failure modes and rates of failure, in movies about the future, are just the memories of past scenarios. "The A.T.M. ate my card! Then a tube blew up in my old-timey radio. Bah, I'm old, bah."

So, is there a role for malfunctions? Yes, absolutely - because an invincible fembot doesn't need you to be her owner, and the feeling/sense/illusion of being needed is something vital the fembot experience can provide (like a pet for a pet owner). To be needed, she must have flaws. To be adorable, they have to be harmless, trivial, over-reactions. I Dream of Jeannie? No way; that's far too much chaos, even for her adorableness (based on being blonde; her language without contractions; being a non-human, less-than-human status; backwards culture from another millennium; her grateful subservience; love; and her "big screw-ups" that always are resolvable in under twenty minutes of screen time).

I think in the future, the only "malfunctions" will be staged, like programming a fembot to get the hiccups. Those other events should be called "lawsuits" or "suicide by stupid".
As you focus on 'sleepers', I have a minor puzzling logistical question that has
come to me, that you may perhaps answer. How does a gynoid carry on
her ordinary life without being, at least to some extent, aware of her own
nature? Even when functioning properly, she would have no need at all to
eat, drink or use a lavatory; she would also have other requirements, such
as re-charging her battery at night. How are they able to ignore or remain
oblivious to all of this, without any other person knowing her nature?
I took one philosophy class, 25 years ago - and learned very little (surely, my fault). I do remember the feeling of realizing there was a hidden assumption - and one not universally true. How she does she "think"? How does she calculate how to behave? Her methods won't need to reflect the most sophisticated chips or programming techniques - that's how we think now, on our way racing up the tech ladder.

When you see this:

you expect this

but it could be this

or

With my fembot, there's no technological necessity behind the interface.
All is artifice - going backwards in the history of time technology, even echoing the sundial (with the hands, sweeping like time's shadow)

The internal tech can be older, or younger than expected. I would put as much of 1997's IBM Deep Blue computing power into my fembot as would help, and only as little more advanced computing power as necessary.

All those problems, observations that would wake the sleeper, are a problem if the [mind[ of the fembot is built to mirror the human mind. There could be an interpreter layer to her awareness, before her personality gets the information; a filter responsible for discarding or altering whatever aspects of the world you want her to mis-perceive. That would be like perfectly fooling a human mind.

Or: do we really need updating long-term memory? Every night, or every hour, the facts she learned recently could be retained, but her base-line programming could be wiped and reset. The filter would evaluate her new facts, to see if any of those can lead to identity/attitude problems (if you leave your fembot on, and she has a mind like a human, which could learn and then reject commands.)

The architecture of her programming can be intentionally primitive. There's no problem with a fembot maintaining information in exclusive, separate categories. She would naturally learn to anticipate what her owner intends to do next, by all his micro-expressions, pulse rate, and other signs. She would seem nearly psychic, interpreting his hinted desires along with his direct orders. I think that's not a controversial conclusion.

In private, where we can be creative, my fembot is an improvisational acting partner. She has a sleeper personality, but the interpreter-level decides whether dirty language should be [unheard], mis-heard as the G-rated equivalent, cause her to be offended or aroused. She watches my response to her sentence as it is spoken - giving her time to turn the concept around, if she sees I wants her to play her response differently.

Her interpreter is perhaps like a super-ego, above her personality. The interpreter is my agent, a reflection of my ego. I want my fembot to be like a program that flips through the channels for me, guessing how I would have operated the remote. Flip-flip-flip. Different stories on the same screen, no awareness by the screen of any contradictions between the shows.

Start simple. There'd be a channel for information meant to be heard by her sleeper personality; and a channel for information which her diagnostic systems should hear. There can be other personalities, sharing in the updated facts of the day (as appropriate).

One channel adjacent on the dial to the sleeper channel would be for a weak sleeper, the one who will feel threatened by the revelation (in the manner I outlined or workshopped with her previously). The channel on the other side is for a weak sleeper who is going to be overjoyed to make her discovery.

There never have been many "true" multiple-personality disorders, true as in, like we see in tv/films. The ability to switch channels seems very plausible to audience. I am not proposing much more than that sophistication for my interpreter.
Related to this, I would like to understand more when you say:
Dale Coba wrote:The greater truthiness of fembot lovers such as me would be that beautiful women in the world are all closeted fembots (sleepers or not), and are maturing into their ideal, objectified sexuality; which includes letting me in on their secrets, giving me administrator privileges, and generally indulging my id with the sexual worldview that my reptile-brainstem without higher consciousness would want.
Though this likely applies mostly to the final stage (I know not whether
you will elsewhere elaborate the stages themselves as you have done
for the progression of babbling, that is, problems in general tone or
conveyed emotion), would you mind articulating this Utopic vision of
yours here, if you have not already in some previous post?
My vision is an alternate-universe experience of growing up. Post-infancy, we know very little about what adults do based on their sexuality. The adults are partly closeting their true nature, leaving a child with clues and mysteries. The child's body doesn't even work like either of the parents, so their truth makes no instinctive sense to the kid.

The sleep of reason produces monsters. Kids tell stories on the playground, guessing wrong about how everything works. Later, puberty means the urges, the experiences can make instinctive sense - but now you have trouble understanding the proper, effective, or necessary people skills to have encounters or relationships. As you become an adult, the details get filled in - maybe you're wise enough to understand the people behind their sexual actions with such apparently curious motivations.

Gender roles, the social order, dating, and so much else is keyed in to that map of adult behaviors which children are shielded from. But as I grew into and through puberty, my erotic sense reflected the desire for my partner to be a robot; while the corresponding desire to act like a robot was not gaining momentum, was absent from the vast population of "normal women".

My libido wanted an apology from the world. He was anticipating, hoping for a different revelation - ideally, the one which still hasn't been revealed, the social order in which a man like me can own and command a mindless fembot - which is all the most beautiful women secretly are. The social world of adults as it seems to be can still exist, co-existing with the fembot-dream layer. Everyone who knows that secret is just Stepford-pretending, to keep the kids and tourists fooled.
Your attitude towards such is especially intriguing to me; how would
a woman in this world "mature"? Beyond simply becoming a sexual
being, what takes place in parallel? This is a form of character development
I have not seen made this intricate before.
The key is absurdity. That is the crucial character of the confused view of a much younger person stuck ignorant, wavering between "wow, that's weird and arbitrary" versus "no, I must have misunderstood. You say I'll want to do what? I'll check that again.... He verbs his noun into her what-cha-ma-jigger? Why not her toe into his nose? no, I don't believe you... Furries? really?..."

Now make the absurdity dark, dramatic, masculine and feminine. This is to please the id, and the id has no conscience. The id takes. To give in and fully experience your id, you're going to have to think a little evil. While a fembot is nice, and very very female and owned, the id wants real fur coats, not faux. The id enjoys thinking about the mink farm where the minks come from. He gets a little kick out of how norms hate thinking about the mink farm. To him, if it's evil, it's a small evil. [I've been a vegetarian for 23 years. How much evil can you dismiss? Goose-liver paté? Beaver anal glands?]

The Twilight Zone often headed into that perverse territory, oh, no, dreaded desires and unwanted outcomes! A future society where everyone gets plastic surgery and becomes shallow. Movies bait their dystopias with some dark sexiness, and all we Good People can go "Bah! Evil!" while we watch again and again.
You also use the words me, my when adding more to this picture. Do you mean
that every man finds their [robotic] woman in this way, or that a
single man commonly takes on a Turkish harem of fembots?
Your word choice is unclear.
I do imagine each single man would own several or many. My mind has a general layout for a Stepford colony-resort-campus. Each rich man or a resident-visiting choreographer of fembots has an acreage large enough to cover a few blocks of a suburban neighborhood, and into town. Town and campus, a lake, other areas are shared without much trouble, considering the relatively few masters compared to many fembots which can keep each guest's experiences from intruding on each other.

Each house in the neighborhood has a frustrated divorcee, a hot maid, a girl-next-door, etc. or all of them. There mush be at least a few sorority houses or all-female dorms, even if the zoning starts to get weird. A brothel down the block, or a casino hotel you "own".

Sweep through your territory, designing choose-your-own-adventure love triangles, plot twists and fembot human pyramids. Generate stories which can be used in the "normal" Westworld for the normals. Study the potential experiences from an academic or aesthetic perspective.

Of course, that's what the world THINKS is happening. They don't know about conversion technology. This colony and its logic are plot-plausible.

There is also the illogical, pure erotic alternative: a world that can not work, but we see enough of that world happening - but not much outside of a narrow narration - to FEEL it could be real, since we want to feel the naughtiness.

That world has ubiquitous nanobots - or something - but the characters don't have to understand it anyway. At eighteen, twenty-one or whenever, the nanobots do their job without letting her know. The initial number that have built up go to an interface on key parts of the brain, just enough so that she won't notice that she didn't order that soap, the grey goo with which she has filled her bath. Nanobot lego bits, migrating into her body as she soaks. Or the initial brain interface skews her world enough to convince her to go to the Stepford Clinic/Remanufacturing Complex. Maybe she thinks her doctor recommended an M.R.I. (her slightly older friends seem to be avoiding her, acting strangely. She wonders, "Is it me?" but we know why the women act as they do).

Once her processing is complete, she has semi-sleeper questions for her female swim coach, or favorite babysitter from years back, or older sister's friend. "Do you ever get 'robotic' feelings? Do you get the urge to obey, to be an object?" This is the conversation about "the 'bots and the bees", and her tender introduction into her always-fated robo-womanhood. Like the Neil Diamond song, "Girl... (ba-dum-dum-dum-dum)... you'll be a robot... soon."

- Dale Coba

SoundMaster

Post by SoundMaster » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:57 pm

totally agree

fembot_stalker
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation

Post by fembot_stalker » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:29 am

dale coba wrote:[Here's an attempt to formalize a framework around malfunctioning.]
There are four degrees of malfunction severity, each a different factor to pile up upon her poor, over-taxed C.P.U.

Malfunction level One:
The imitation of a person under stress, indistinguishable from normal human stressed behavior.

Malfunction level Two:
Her stress behaviors become intense, repetitive and oddly arranged. She has a new reason for stress, because she can be seen flailing, hardly performing perfectly as per the dictates of her programming.

The operating system speaks error messages, because she has become too occupied to keep her robot "self" separate from her human personality.

Malfunction level Three:
At this intensity, her inhumanity has become obvious. Her ability to actively block out her own knowledge that she is a robot is compromised. Realizing that she is a robot spawns a new crisis.

Further, realizing that she has utterly failed in her priority to remain undetected creates an additional level of crisis.

Malfunction level Four:
The personality can no longer suppress any of her inherent qualities, including her over-flowing sexuality. In her extreme disorientation, she has become her true state: a vulnerable, self-objectifying, hyper-sexualized machine.
Stages may be omitted, or sometimes occur out of this order.

There are three potential aspects to a sleeper-fembot's malfunction: her speech, her movements, and her perceptions.

In separate threads for each of those aspects, I want to describe all the different fembot phenomena which may occur during these four degrees of malfunction.

- Dale Coba

Hey, thanks for reminding about any possible malfunctions and everything, Dale Coba! Let's face it, breakdowns and malfunctioning has always been a part of modern technology ever since its inception, after all, Man is not perfect, so His Creation, the Machine, will be even less perfect. Even if I do make it to have a "hot" female robot who is "down for whatever", I still need to beware and be aware of any possible breakdowns, malfunctions, short circuits, overheating, etc.
(alt.sex.fetish.robots) AI and UFOs are spreading all over the Globe! 2 see more, just visit us at Malestrom1000's Youtube Channel. Thank you 4 visiting us as we get closer 2 creating our (female) repairbots, (giant) r⊙b⊙t gladiatrices, fembots, sexbots & h⊙b⊙ts; now how pimpadelic is that? :transformer: :rockon: :thumbsup: :nerd: :D :) :-o 8) :lol:

dale coba

Post by dale coba » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:16 am

fembot_stalker wrote:Hey, thanks for reminding about any possible malfunctions and everything, Dale Coba! Let's face it, breakdowns and malfunctioning has always been a part of modern technology ever since its inception, after all, Man is not perfect, so His Creation, the Machine, will be even less perfect. Even if I do make it to have a "hot" female robot who is "down for whatever", I still need to beware and be aware of any possible breakdowns, malfunctions, short circuits, overheating, etc.
I am sorry, but I have been writing to explain that there will not be an extended period of truly malfunctioning fembots. "Perfect" is abstract; "will kill your customers" is not. This also explains why we still don't have commercially available jet packs and flying cars.

We EXPECT the malfunctions. They were over-used in videos and stories to communicate the fembot's nature. Yes, the ATM would sometimes chew up your card, in the very early years; but a luxury car won't sell, if it malfunctions. The company could get sued out of existence, and who would invest in a company that knowingly made such a product?

As I have said, only fake malfunctions make any sense to consider, because they signify her dependency on her owner - and therefore they are flirtatious and arousing.

- Dale Coba