Is it ethical to create "Free Willed Androids"

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
Venitia
Technosexuality: None of your business
Identification: Human

Re: Is it ethical to create "Free Willed Androids"

Post by Venitia » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:24 am

as much as I'd love sentient, free willed AI to exist, I hope it'll never happen. what happens in Detroit : become human or HUMANS says it all..humans would use them for awful things like prostitution or war. humans would damage them so bad....it'd be irresponsible to bring someone to the world only to be used as an object!

Esleeper
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

Post by Esleeper » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:30 pm

Venitia wrote:as much as I'd love sentient, free willed AI to exist, I hope it'll never happen. what happens in Detroit : become human or HUMANS says it all..humans would use them for awful things like prostitution or war. humans would damage them so bad....it'd be irresponsible to bring someone to the world only to be used as an object!
Don't listen to that thinly veiled screed about slavery. Half of it is just hamfisted parallels to racial tensions that wouldn't even remotely be applicable to the reality of what would happen.

For a start, if robots were going to be made for such things without the clear expectation that they would be considered at least equal, they wouldn't even be made intelligent, let alone sentient. Sentient AI would only exist in situations where true companionship and human-equivalent intelligence would be absolutely necessary for it, and menial labor, prostitution, and war do not require those in the slightest. Those things need no more than what AI is capable of now- the ability to follow a strict set of rules in a manner where they can defer to a human operator for the rare situations that their programming does not cover. At most, they'd need no more mental capacity than a trained dog.

Stephaniebot
Technosexuality: Transformation
Identification: Android

Post by Stephaniebot » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:47 pm

Esleeper wrote:
Venitia wrote:as much as I'd love sentient, free willed AI to exist, I hope it'll never happen. what happens in Detroit : become human or HUMANS says it all..humans would use them for awful things like prostitution or war. humans would damage them so bad....it'd be irresponsible to bring someone to the world only to be used as an object!
Don't listen to that thinly veiled screed about slavery. Half of it is just hamfisted parallels to racial tensions that wouldn't even remotely be applicable to the reality of what would happen.

For a start, if robots were going to be made for such things without the clear expectation that they would be considered at least equal, they wouldn't even be made intelligent, let alone sentient. Sentient AI would only exist in situations where true companionship and human-equivalent intelligence would be absolutely necessary for it, and menial labor, prostitution, and war do not require those in the slightest. Those things need no more than what AI is capable of now- the ability to follow a strict set of rules in a manner where they can defer to a human operator for the rare situations that their programming does not cover. At most, they'd need no more mental capacity than a trained dog.
Sad to say, that's still more mental capacity than I see from some humans on some forums. No, not this one, I might add, seems some sports talk seem to clog up human minds, lol, and make them non functional!
I'm just a 'girl' who wants to become a fembot whats wrong with that?