Who likes being a techno-sexual?

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.

Do you like being a techno-sexual?

Poll ended at Mon Sep 29, 2003 8:15 am

Yes
66%
No
9%
Both yes and no (Specify below which is greater)
26%

Total votes : 35

Postby Sega-boy » Thu Sep 04, 2003 8:04 am

Brueckmann posed the question in another string.

I thought that I would start a new string here and add a poll.

----------------------------------------------------

It's not being a techno-sexual that bothers me, it's being unable to indulge in the fetish because of its unusual and/or embarassing nature.

I sure wouldn't want to discuss it with anyone I know.

Thankfully, sex is something I've been able to enjoy without the fetish, but obviously, I've wanted to experiment with it.

I certainly would have liked to have tried it out with the last two girlfriends I've been with, but with every opportunity, I've copped out, gotten cold-feet or whatever you want to call it.

A few years ago, a girl I visited regularly who was from my workplace was telling me about Garbage's The World is not Enough music video (when it was new). I couldn't help but get excited when she brought up the Shirley Manson robot. I told her that it was my all-time favorite video to date, but of course, I didn't elaborate as to why.

I was more interested in scoring that afternoon, and didn't want to sabotage my chances by begging her to role-play as a robot for me. Not to mention, I had my reputation to think of in case she would go and tell everybody at our workplace about my strange request. So I can relate somewhat, although I can't say that I have girls throwing themselves at me right now, like Brueckmann does :wink: .

------------------------------------------------------------
Another anecdote with keeping secret around friends.

Last weekend, I was hanging with the guys and they flipped on Buffy:TVS and I finally got to see a Buffybot episode, but I had to feign disinterest.

In fact, I had been wanting to get that episode on tape for quite a while but here I had to sit quietly and act indifferent towards it.

Plus, one of my friends said something like... "There's even a Buffybot running around on this show, (like that's a bad thing I guess) proving there are no cliches they haven't used."

Well, that may be true, but as we all know: When it comes to fembots, television needs more and more and more.
#
Hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn for SEGA.

droidlvr
Banned

I couldn't've said it any better!

Postby droidlvr » Thu Sep 04, 2003 8:49 am

I couldn't've said it any better! Now this is an intresting poll as always when trying to reflect on the when,what and why concerning technosexuals :oops:

Postby Brueckmann » Thu Sep 04, 2003 12:24 pm

My answer to this question is pretty clearly implied in “Very True”. So far, I’m the only one to poll a “No.”
Can anyone deny that fundamentally, it creates difficulties in the sphere of our personal lives?

Being a technosexual is the same as being part of any other deviant subculture of Western society, in that it separates one from the rest of the population. Of course, unlike like most other deviant subcultures (bikers, ravers, Goths, eco-terrorists, etc.) we technosexuals have no choice. Technophilia can’t be turned off. No one can simply decide not to be a technosexual anymore.
We can’t be conformists even if we want to.

Also, most other subcultures come complete with a major support structure to provide a sense of inclusiveness and belonging, whereas there is little support available to technosexuals; we’ve only got each other.

Stay close.

Postby href » Thu Sep 04, 2003 3:19 pm

Brueckmann wrote:Who likes being a techno-sexual?
Can anyone deny that fundamentally, it creates difficulties in the sphere of our personal lives?

I can deny it. It used to create problems, BIG problems, but bringing it out into the open has changed my relationship with my girlfriend utterly for the better.

This being said, it is only Voodoo who knows, and she is sworn to total secrecy. In that respect i'm very lucky because I know she understands the gravity of the situation and would never say anything.
Apart from her, no-one even suspects. After all, why should they? More importantly, why would I need to tell anyone else? Only bad can come from a 'public' exposure for the reasons stated in previous posts, and for no gain at all.

ASFR as I think of it is quite freaky, especially freaky to women who don't usually like to be objectified as a machine and asked to malfunction!!!
But there is nothing wrong with freaky is there? Hardcore S&M is quite freaky to me, and this is a light and accepted fetish.
Because ASFR/Technophilia is unknown compaired to most fetishes, its got that shock factor.

YOU LIKE ROBOTS!!!!

And things that shock people, tend to invoke the next bit

YOU FREAK!!!

LOL

So, I am happy to be an ASFR freak, but only Voodoo knows. Otherwise I'm as boring and "normal" as the next chap. An undercover freak if you like.

Excellent thred
href

Postby kb7rky » Thu Sep 04, 2003 7:13 pm

I had to go with the "middle of the road" answer.

Yes, it's good being a technosexual

No, it's bad because, as href said:

href wrote:Because ASFR/Technophilia is unknown compaired to most fetishes, its got that shock factor.

YOU LIKE ROBOTS!!!!

And things that shock people, tend to invoke the next bit

YOU FREAK!!!

I elaborated on this in another thread about my ex-girlfriend/fiancee', though it was something far more personal that eventually drove us apart.

Would I share this with my next girlfriend? I don't honestly know if I should. To quote href, again:

href wrote:Only bad can come from a 'public' exposure for the reasons stated in previous posts, and for no gain at all.

If so be it that it has to remain 'in the closet', so to speak, then so be it. I'll feign disinterest if need be, because, as we're all aware, it takes just 'that one time', and you're stuck with a stigmatism you'll be fighting for years.
C'mon over & check out my other webpage:

The First Church Of Buster

And, the homepage:

Mythbusters Fan Club.com

Postby Korby » Thu Sep 04, 2003 10:52 pm

I had to go the fence-sitting route on this one. It's got its plusses and minuses.

On the one hand, I'm pretty cool with it; in fact, since discovering the online ASFR community I've been pretty relieved to know I ain' t the only one out there. For a lot of years, I figured I was pretty much a total freak.

On the other hand, I have to admit, sometimes I'm so wrapped up in the ASFR thing that--like Brueckmann--I have a hard time achieving sexual satisfaction without some kind of robot-fantasy element involved. That seems to come and go; sometimes its worse than others.

Href, I think it's terrific that you've been able to share the thing with Voodoo and it's worked out for the best. It gets me thinking that one of these days I might have to seriously consider explaining all this to my girlfriend. I've know her for years, and been friends with her long before we started dating... and she's very cool and understanding. I suspect she might not have a big problem with the situation... she's a pretty big SF/fantasy geek (like me), so she might see where I'm coming from. But... I don't think I'm quite ready yet. We've only been together a few months so far, and I'm not sure we've reached the right time for that kind of bombshell.

I also have to agree with the flip side of Href's comments. I absolutely dread anyone finding out about this particular quirk of mine. I have a lot of very dear, very accepting friends... but I think I'd just as soon not have this interest come to light.

Postby tully » Fri Sep 05, 2003 8:53 am

Last edited by tully on Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OK, here goes...

Postby fection » Fri Sep 05, 2003 10:19 am

I will also have to vote 'yes and no'.
There are times, particularly when viewing a 'gynoid' movie clip for the first time, when I am overcome with the most incredible sensation of elation and excited nervousness. That's the good part, and I aim to capture that feeling in anything I produce, ASFR-wise.
The bad part is.....
I don't agree with HREF (sorry, but each to his own, yeah?).
I have thought about this a lot and I think the reason I find gynoids 'exciting' is because of the absolute control I am allowed to believe I have. And why do I find absolute control arousing?
Because without it I am afraid. Without the control I can get hurt.
While this in itself does not make anything 'wrong' it is not a particularly fulfilling way to live. Life would be a lot more exciting if I were unafraid and could form genuine trust with someone. I am not saying that anyone who is interested in gynoids is like this. I am talking solely about myself. BUT......I think it's improtant NOT to immediately defend the position you WANT to hold. I try to analyse the reasons I think something (Impossible, I know, since you are the one thinking about your thinking, bringing in the whole Heisenberg thing, but hey).
So I continue pursuing this. And the more I pursue it, the more machine-like I find my thinking, which frankly is also a concern.
Sorry, I'll stop scaring everyone now. I'm fine really. It's just my head. Really, I'm fine. It's just my head....
(Well, it must be nice to know you're not the craziest one, Mirage).
fection.

Postby stratonus » Fri Sep 05, 2003 1:43 pm

I'm not sure all of what the term "technosexual" entails, but if it involves finding gynoids attractive, then yes I do! To tell you the truth I don't have much of a problem telling people about it. I think it's because it has a lot to do with the fact that I'm into anime. My favorite anime love interest is Bloodberry from the series Saber Marionette J (she's on my avatar!), who just happens to be a gynoid! I think when I tell people this, (which just happens to be almost any anime fan I come across!) they probably get the hint! :wink: A lot of my close friends know about it and hell, even my mom knows I find them attractive! In fact, it's because of sites like gynoid.com and conversing with anime fans that I have so much courage now. Before I discovered the many wonders of the Intenet, I seriously thought I was the only one who was into this and I wasn't very vocal about it (although I never feigned disinterest, hence why my mom knows!). I think the other reason is because the specifics of what draws me into this fetish is a little easier for people to swallow. When you got people that are into cat people, vampires, angels, demons, etc. saying you like girls made of metal, fiberglass, or plastic doesn't seem all that weird! :roll: Ironically, I would say the thing I do have trouble with revealing to people is the fact that I happen to enjoy doll collecting. Only a few select people know about that little secret! I blame it on my family's very negative reaction to my early childhood interest in Barbies! And let's not forget the stigmas that come with such an interest! :roll: Sometimes I feel society would be more accepting to you guys than they would to doll collectors like me! :|

Sega-boy wrote:------------------------------------------------------------
Another anecdote with keeping secret around friends.

Last weekend, I was hanging with the guys and they flipped on Buffy:TVS and I finally got to see a Buffybot episode, but I had to feign disinterest.

In fact, I had been wanting to get that episode on tape for quite a while but here I had to sit quietly and act indifferent towards it.

Plus, one of my friends said something like... "There's even a Buffybot running around on this show, (like that's a bad thing I guess) proving there are no cliches they haven't used."

Well, that may be true, but as we all know: When it comes to fembots, television needs more and more and more.
#

It's funny you mentioned this, because my one friend is a huge Buffy fan and I went on this huge tirade on how much I hated how they treated Buffybot like crap the entire episode before she was trashed! I watched the one where Buffy came back from the dead and let me tell you, I was about as pissed off as the time they killed off Kendra! :evil:

ehy

Postby ehy » Fri Sep 05, 2003 2:35 pm

Both, or maybe neither.

It's one part of who I am. I don't like it; I don't dislike it. I'm not proud of it; I'm not ashamed of it. It's just me. It hasn't caused me great angst; it hasn't caused me great joy. It absorbs a part of my life, but rarely more than I allow it to, and no more so than my other interests do. It's frustrating, in a way, because the ways I can act on it are limited - but hey, my interest in real women is frustrating too for the same reason. And when I'm able to write, or roleplay, it's definitely fun and satisfying.

If I got to pick whether to have this element in my next life (assuming there is one), I'd say no. If a genie offered to remove it... I'm not sure. I don't think I would. I've gotten used to it. It's part of who I am.

Who me? Well-adjusted?

Next

Return to Discussion