Mandroid Central is up and running

Important news and updates from the Fembot Central staff about the site.
(Only staff can start topics but members can post replies.)
User avatarRobotman
Fembot Central Staff

Re: Mandroid Central is up and running

Postby Robotman » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:42 am

I'd have to look up exact numbers, but hosting a site like FC or FW is about $100 US per year. A forum site like FC requires a time investment too, and I spend at least 30 minutes each day doing admin stuff here, mainly zapping spambots.

Postby Diana Knight » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:07 pm

That all depends on what you want to do with it.. I estimate it would be no cheaper than 20 or 30 bucks a month. Unless someone here would want to host it?

DianaKnight.com (personal site)
Sanguin-X.com(vampire fetish web-series)
FetishSanctum.com(C4S store)
OnceUponAKink.com(coming soon)

Postby dale coba » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:53 pm

It always struck me, the apparent demographics of mandroid-lovers seems never to have been big enough to create anything we ever heard about here (or before FC).

I have to think Mandroid Central is an idea ahead of its time, and may have to wait until technology improves enough to become inviting for more women and mandroid-attracted men.

Vampires, you know, right? All that Twilight hoo-ha, genre's gonna flag for a while.

Novels yet to be written for teens and read by adults will embrace some version of the Fembot-Mandroid mythos. It's a specific prediction, but not a very bold one. Some writer will go there.

- Dale Coba
8) :!: :nerd: :idea: : :nerd: :shock: :lovestruck: [ :twisted: :dancing: :oops: :wink: :twisted: ] = [ :drooling: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :party:... ... :applause: :D :lovestruck: :notworthy: :rockon: ]

Postby Spaz » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:11 pm

I know it may sound like sacrilege or something, but why can't we just host the mandroid material on the fembotwiki...create a separate image gallery for mandroids and a separate story gallery as well. Most of the sources I get my fembot images from also have mandroids, so it would not be too hard to create a large gallery for people to enjoy.
“Sometimes we strive so hard for perfection that we forget that imperfection is happiness” - Karen Nave

Check out my stories: http://www.fembotwiki.com/index.php?title=User:Spaz#My_stories

Current story status: The Small Business Chronicles - Season Two (In Development)

User avatarRobotman
Fembot Central Staff

Postby Robotman » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:34 pm

I'll check with the guy who pays for and does most of the work on FembotWiki...
Robotman wrote:Nope. :nope:

Well, there you go.

Seriously though, It's called FembotWiki for a reason. I really do wish there was a self-sustaining mandroid community out there, but it's starting to look as if there might not be.

Postby dale coba » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:18 pm

Maybe they keep it secret... nope, I think we've overlapped enough with MCStories that we would have heard about them, they would have heard about us and checked us out. I know you can't search through the whole web efficiently for our key terms and expect to find everything - but just how invisible is [name = mandroid central], that we don't spot them all the time? We come up all the time in Google searches.

- Dale Coba
8) :!: :nerd: :idea: : :nerd: :shock: :lovestruck: [ :twisted: :dancing: :oops: :wink: :twisted: ] = [ :drooling: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :party:... ... :applause: :D :lovestruck: :notworthy: :rockon: ]

Postby hypercube » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:35 am

Is there an archive of the content that was up on mandroid central before it went down?

If someone has it, maybe it could be made available on the wiki or the FTP server (as a zip file or something)?

Postby deesims » Thu May 09, 2013 2:24 pm

im alittle late here. wish i couldve figured out what to do with MC. but, if there's any consolation, Male Androids Yahoo (MAY) group has been up for a long time now (for those not in the know). it doesnt have the same community, but theres people there that love male droids, like myself!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/maleandroids/

the only downside is, i believe you have to have a yahoo email account to join :/

i hope you guys can bring more traffic to our group, and i yours! :rockon:

Previous

Return to Announcements