Private Message feature

Important news and updates from the Fembot Central staff about the site.
(Only staff can start topics but members can post replies.)
User avatarRobotman
Fembot Central Staff

Private Message feature

Postby Robotman » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:05 pm

Just a reminder to all our members that Fembot Central does have a feature that allows private messages to be sent between users. These messages are accessible only by the sender and receiver, and are not viewable by anyone else.
To use the feature, just click on the button that says "PM" to the right of any user's post.

The button looks like this: Image

Also, if anyone sends you a PM, you can read it by clicking on a link near the very top of every page here. The link will usually look like this:

(0 new messages)
If you do have messages, the link will automatically tell you how many you have. Click on it and it will take you to your inbox.

User avatarRobotman
Fembot Central Staff

Postby Robotman » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:46 am

Just a reminder, and to let some people know that Fembot Central has a Private Message feature. I've been waiting for some people to read private messages since November 2007, so check your messages folks! ;)

Re: Private Message feature

Postby australopith » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:55 am

I've been trying to send a private message to someone—my first since joining the board—but after I type the message, when I click "submit" (there is no "send" button that I can see!) it just goes into my Outbox, where it continues to remain editable.
I can't make it go into the Sent Messages folder, and there is no sign that its would-be recipient has seen it. Help... what to do?

Postby darkbutflashy » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:24 am

No, "outbox" is ok. This is meant for messages you sent, but the recipient hasn't read yet. It moves automatically to "sent" as soon the recipient opens it.
Do you like or dislike my ongoing story Battlemachine Ayako? Leave a comment on the story's discussion pages on the wiki or in that thread. Thank you!

User avatarRobotman
Fembot Central Staff

Postby Robotman » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:59 am

I'd like to remind everyone again about the private message feature. Look up at the top of every page here, and you will see a link to your inbox, along with the number of unread messages you currently have. For all those people with unread messages, please click on the link and check your private messages. ;)

Return to Announcements