Fembot Central is back

Important news and updates from the Fembot Central staff about the site.
(Only staff can start topics but members can post replies.)
User avatarRobotman
Fembot Central Staff

Fembot Central is back

Postby Robotman » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:01 pm

Welcome back, everyone.

It's been a long time, and I'd like to thank everybody for their patience while the site has been offline. We finally managed to get all of our problems sorted out, but if anybody notices any problems, please let me or Kishin know right away.

I should explain why the old forums at fembotcentral.com went offline. To be honest, none of us really know for sure. The site went dark on March 21, and we never heard from KOS-MOS again. Since she was the only one who had access to the domain, she was the only one who could have paid up the hosting bill or fixed any technical issues on that side of things. Since she was unreachable, all we could do was wait. Either she has left our community, or something else has happened to her. I hope she is doing alright.

Luckily for us, I backed up the site every day. My original plan was to wait until the original domain was available and then restore the backup there. But I eventually found out that the domain will not be available for purchase until over two full months after it expires. In hindsight, I should have acted sooner in getting this new domain. Please accept my apology for that.

I also need to give a huge thanks and a round of applause to Diana Knight. She was the one who did all of the hard work behind the scenes in restoring the backup and making sure that everything worked properly before we went live tonight. Diana, we could not have done this without you. :thumbsup:

So let's get back to posting, celebrating and creating!

Re: Fembot Central is back

Postby rickdrat » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:50 pm

Let me be the first to say WOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!! :applause: :bighug: :notworthy: :dancing: :party: :thumbsup: :applause: :bighug: :dancing: :notworthy: :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the work and whatever parts of your soul you had to sign over to bring it back.

Postby Spaz » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:52 pm

“Sometimes we strive so hard for perfection that we forget that imperfection is happiness” - Karen Nave

Check out my stories: http://www.fembotwiki.com/index.php?title=User:Spaz#My_stories

Current story status: The Small Business Chronicles - Season Two (In Development)

User avatarRobotman
Fembot Central Staff

Postby Robotman » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:59 pm

Oh, and if you want to properly thank Diana Knight for all her hard work, go and buy some of her videos if you haven't already! :devil:

http://www.dianaknight.com/

http://www.fetishsanctum.com/

Postby Spaz » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:22 pm

A few comments about the new site:

I can tell that the phpBB version was upgraded...totally like the new improvements. But I am not liking the dark theme. Is there any way the theme will go back to what it was on the old site?
“Sometimes we strive so hard for perfection that we forget that imperfection is happiness” - Karen Nave

Check out my stories: http://www.fembotwiki.com/index.php?title=User:Spaz#My_stories

Current story status: The Small Business Chronicles - Season Two (In Development)

User avatarRobotman
Fembot Central Staff

Postby Robotman » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:28 pm

The old board style was heavily customized and altered by KOS-MOS, and I didn't have access to back it up, so it's lost. But like I said in this post, we now have 5 different board styles to choose from.

Postby Spaz » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:32 pm

Oh, thanks. Silver theme looks much neater and makes the links pop out more.

Postby NukuNookee » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:27 pm

Great news!

Thanks for all the hard work, just be sure to keep up with PHPBB patches.... we're likely to be a target of attacks, being an alternate lifestyle site.
Gynoid Conversion, how can we make you better today?
Latest version 38 beta here. Alternate site here.

Postby FaceoffFembot » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:47 am

nice.

I'm sorry I don't have the disposable income to buy Diana Knight's videos, but the help is really appreciated.

Postby dale coba » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:47 am

I will post only once on this topic.

Letting the site go dark, having no provisions of any kind for her death, was an easily avoided, irresponsible act of mass unkindness. We would have lost EVERYTHING without Robotman's back-ups. We are better off without our thoughtless former leader. I have said my piece, I will not debate this, my judgment needs no further justification.

I will consign my bitterness, along with that former member, to the past; because it is good for the group, not because I have an ounce of forgiveness in me for her betrayal.

- Dale Coba
8) :!: :nerd: :idea: : :nerd: :shock: :lovestruck: [ :twisted: :dancing: :oops: :wink: :twisted: ] = [ :drooling: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :party:... ... :applause: :D :lovestruck: :notworthy: :rockon: ]

Next

Return to Announcements