FembotWiki image re-uploads

Important news and updates from the Fembot Central staff about the site.
(Only staff can start topics but members can post replies.)
User avatarRobotman
Fembot Central Staff

FembotWiki image re-uploads

Postby Robotman » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:07 pm

I'd like to take a minute to thank everyone who uploads new images to FembotWiki, especially new art and manips.

But I'd also like to point out a feature that FembotWiki has that can help us prevent overwriting or replacing existing images. When an image is uploaded to FembotWiki, the database is automatically searched for any images with the same name. If an image with the same name has already been uploaded, then FembotWiki will tell you about it like this:

Most of the time, this means that the image you are trying to add has already been uploaded. You might be uploading a better version of the image, in which case you can open the existing image in another tab to see which image is bigger. If the image you are trying to upload is bigger, only then click the "Upload file" button. Otherwise, you will just be wasting space on the server and possibly degrading the image quality for everyone else and creating more work for me.

If the image you're trying to upload has the same name as something already on FembotWiki, but the image looks completely different, then please just rename the image. You can do that simply by typing something extra in the "Destination filename:" field near the top. That will prevent the existing image from being overwritten.

One more thing about images, if you see the upload warning "It is recommended that files are no larger than 150 KB", just ignore that. We want the images nice and big on FembotWiki. ;)

Return to Announcements