Fembot Central is not Discord

Important news and updates from the Fembot Central staff about the site.
(Only staff can start topics but members can post replies.)
User avatarRobotman
Fembot Central Staff

Fembot Central is not Discord

Postby Robotman » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:23 pm

Members of Fembot Central may be aware of a fembot-themed chat channel hosted by Discord Inc. I would just like to state clearly that Fembot Central and FembotWiki are not in any way affiliated with Discord Inc., nor with that specific channel, nor any others hosted by that service.

Actions, proceedings, and decisions taken and carried out on Discord Inc.'s servers have no affect whatsoever on the operation of Fembot Central or FembotWiki.

To any members of Fembot Central who have experienced problems on Discord Inc.'s servers: Please be aware that your membership at Fembot Central and FembotWiki are not affected in any way.

Also, please be aware that we do not want the cliquishness, infighting, and toxicity that Discord is becoming known for to make its way to Fembot Central. We are a very small community, and are dwarfed even by other fetish communities. We don't want to lose any members. The staff here have always encouraged everybody to get along and leave their disagreements at the door.

Re: Fembot Central is not Discord

Postby FaceoffFembot » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:39 pm

Hey Rman, I am an admin on a fembot-themed channel on Discord, namely Fembot Labs. I too would like to restate that despite obvious ties, we are not affiliated in any way with Fembot Central or Fembot Wiki, and that no decision taken on a Discord server will affect FC and FW accounts.

I would however also like to state that our admin team believes that online communities are not open public spaces anyone is entitled to, and more like clubs whose membership is granted based on willingness to conform to a set of social rules, hopefully in the benefit of all.

Thus, we feel free, and sometimes even obligated, to exclude members whose action we feel are having a negative impact on the community and its individuals, no matter what honors have been previously held, on our own terms.

Finally, I also want to acknowledge a certain level of confusion going on right now, one we are sorry for, but also one we take pride in, as our mistakes and willingness to act allow us to learn and make a better community.

If anyone has a complaint with the way our Discord channel (Fembot Labs) is run, please bring it directly up to Saya and me.

Thank you.

Postby Dr. Harper » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:41 pm

FaceoffFembot wrote:Hey Rman, I am an admin on a fembot-themed channel on Discord, namely Fembot Labs. I too would like to restate that despite obvious ties, we are not affiliated in any way with Fembot Central or Fembot Wiki, and that no decision taken on a Discord server will affect FC and FW accounts.

I would however also like to state that our admin team believes that online communities are not open public spaces anyone is entitled to, and more like clubs whose membership is granted based on willingness to conform to a set of social rules, hopefully in the benefit of all.

Thus, we feel free, and sometimes even obligated, to exclude members whose action we feel are having a negative impact on the community and its individuals, no matter what honors have been previously held, on our own terms.

Finally, I also want to acknowledge a certain level of confusion going on right now, one we are sorry for, but also one we take pride in, as our mistakes and willingness to act allow us to learn and make a better community.

If anyone has a complaint with the way our Discord channel (Fembot Labs) is run, please bring it directly up to Saya and me.

Thank you.

Sounds pretty reasonable to me. One is not mutually exclusive to the other.
"Maybe the only significant difference between a really smart simulation and a human being was the noise they made when you punched them."
---Terry Pratchett

User avatarSilkscreen
Alternate account

Postby Silkscreen » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:24 am

Well, I think it's some people who have those concealed buttons on them which makes them easy to trigger. Accidentally. And then, they detonate and unleash overkill.

This sign could help:

But no offense taken, go on with your club and I go on with life. Thanks R-Man for putting it straight I'm still welcome, at least here.

Postby Lithorien » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:51 am

FaceoffFembot wrote:I would however also like to state that our admin team believes that online communities are not open public spaces anyone is entitled to, and more like clubs whose membership is granted based on willingness to conform to a set of social rules, hopefully in the benefit of all.

Wait a second. Isn't Fembot Labs the Discord that has a strict, "You must identify who you are on Fembot Central or we will kick you," rule in place?

Postby Saya » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:53 am

Lithorien wrote:Wait a second. Isn't Fembot Labs the Discord that has a strict, "You must identify who you are on Fembot Central or we will kick you," rule in place?

I'm not exactly sure where you heard that, but we don't have any rule like that on the server. We do not expect members to identify their membership to this forum or any other. We do have an introductions thread, but that's entirely optional and is more to tell people about yourself, personal hobbies, ASFR preferences and the like.

The only strict rules we have in place are in regards to age limits of new members, the treatment of fellow members of the server, rules on posted content and a rule regarding direct image and video posts on the server, but that's really only to be conscientious to those who may be using the Discord mobile app and don't want their data limits tanked by large pictures and the like.
"If the time should ever come when what is now called science, thus familiarized to men, shall be ready to put on, as it were, a form of flesh and blood, the Poet will lend his divine spirit to aid the transfiguration, and will welcome the Being thus produced, as a dear and genuine inmate of the household of man."
- William Wordsworth

Postby TheShoveller » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:54 pm

Maybe I should look into this server.

You know, for science, and uh... other fancy, official-sounding reasons that totally don't sound made-up.

Postby Lithorien » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:55 pm

Saya wrote:
Lithorien wrote:Wait a second. Isn't Fembot Labs the Discord that has a strict, "You must identify who you are on Fembot Central or we will kick you," rule in place?

I'm not exactly sure where you heard that, but we don't have any rule like that on the server. We do not expect members to identify their membership to this forum or any other. We do have an introductions thread, but that's entirely optional and is more to tell people about yourself, personal hobbies, ASFR preferences and the like.

Alright. I must have had your Discord server mixed up with another fembot-themed one from a while back. I swear there was one that wanted to require me to self-ID, but if it's not yours, I apologize for the mix-up.

Postby Saya » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:46 am

Lithorien wrote:
Alright. I must have had your Discord server mixed up with another fembot-themed one from a while back. I swear there was one that wanted to require me to self-ID, but if it's not yours, I apologize for the mix-up.

S'all good! : D
"If the time should ever come when what is now called science, thus familiarized to men, shall be ready to put on, as it were, a form of flesh and blood, the Poet will lend his divine spirit to aid the transfiguration, and will welcome the Being thus produced, as a dear and genuine inmate of the household of man."
- William Wordsworth

Return to Announcements