Mann & Machine tape available at eBay!

Share or request information and reviews on various forms of fembot media.
(Please use the search option before requesting a review as it may have been covered in the past)
Bart
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Android

Mann & Machine tape available at eBay!

Post by Bart » Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:57 pm

Some guy is selling a tape with all the 9 episodes of Mann & Machine: http://cgi.ebay.com/YANCY-BUTLER-Mann-M ... dZViewItem

Damnit I don't have a NTSC video recorder (in fact I even dont have a video recorder). Thought one of you guys could buy and upload it to FTP? :roll: :wink: (geez, Yancy Butler is hooot)
This post was generated by automated means and is therefore valid without a signature.

Robot Devil

Support

Post by Robot Devil » Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:59 pm

I really hope that the high bidder will be someone from the FC that can and will convert these to digital files. If so, please let the rest of us know so that it won't be a bidding war between members when we can all benefit. I can't convert the files, so I will bow out if so. I also hope it doesn't get sniped at the last minute.

Bart

Post by Bart » Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:42 am

I am the current high bidder. :) Decided to buy that tape no matter what (heck, does someone know if I need a NTSC VHS player or if I can play it in a standard PAL player? Is there even a difference? My TV seems to support NTSC, i have it in the menu. But selecting that makes the PAL TV signal appear black and white).

When (If) I can get it, I'll do my best to digitize and conserve this fine piece of art :!:
This post was generated by automated means and is therefore valid without a signature.

noidguy
Retired staff member

Post by noidguy » Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:40 pm

Bart wrote:I am the current high bidder. :) Decided to buy that tape no matter what (heck, does someone know if I need a NTSC VHS player or if I can play it in a standard PAL player? Is there even a difference? My TV seems to support NTSC, i have it in the menu. But selecting that makes the PAL TV signal appear black and white).
Yah, there's a difference. I've never tried to play NTSC tapes on a PAL machine, but I have tried to watch PAL tapes on a NTSC machine. I get stilted audio and no video. The frame rates are different and so are the number of pixels per image. You'll have to get the tape converted before you can view it. Nowadays it seems easier just to have someone with an NTSC system to burn it to a dvd, and then send out the dvd.

Bart

Post by Bart » Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:22 pm

Oh okay. Thanks for the info. :roll: Not sure if I should continue to hope to win that auction. On the other hand I think this tape would be worth it to buy an NTSC player. On the other hand (my third, cyborg-hand :lol:) maybe this show isn't THAT great as i remember? (was 13 or so back then and it aired only once here)

Bart

Post by Bart » Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:13 pm

Got it! :D