I dream of Mimi

A forum dedicated to reporting and discussing Anime and Manga style media
(Please use the search option before requesting a review as it may have been covered in the past)
Chains of Adamant

I dream of Mimi

Post by Chains of Adamant » Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:22 pm

Right now, I'm in the process of downloading Buttobi CPU, otherwise known as I Dream of Mimi, from Delta Anime Torrents. You might want to wait a couple of days though, before you try this yourselves. Right now, my Azureus is being hit over the head.
For those of you who don't know what this is, Buttobi CPU is an anime about a guy who accidentally orders a bio-computer (Mimi) who needs a "protein infusion" every day in order to build and maintain her molecular computer core.
I've never seen it myself, but all the talk is that its very good. Robot content itself (parts showing, malfunctions, recharge scenes [except for the protein infusion parts maybe]) is supposed to be low.
If anyone likes, I'll post a reveiw once the ETA marker stops showing the infinity sign and I can see it.

Chains of Adamant

Ick...

Post by Chains of Adamant » Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:00 am

Ack! Looks like this torrent is burning and dying before it even got started. Can't tell you if its a good download or not.

Chains of Adamant

Back on track.

Post by Chains of Adamant » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:15 pm

Okay, it looks like the torrent is now up and running again. And then some. I was able to download a 400MB file in an hour, which is rather unusual for a torrent as far as I know. I haven't watched the whole thing yet, but it looks like the quality of this thing is more than acceptible.
I'm so happy. :)

Devil
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

Post by Devil » Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:14 pm

Yeah, this was available a while back in a direct download from some site. I think it is on the Ftp site. If not I have 3 of the episodes. Is there more to the series?

Chains of Adamant

Depends on your definition

Post by Chains of Adamant » Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:12 pm

Officially speaking, Pink Pinapple isn't releasing anything else in this series as far as I know. Its a pity because I think this series has gotten more positive reviews from our NA audience.
But, if you are interested in more, the only one I know of is fanfiction. This particular story is a cross with Tenchi Muyo. The writer wrote two interesting chapters, then the whole thing peters out.
http://fan-fics-r-us.com/UniverseList.p ... 52def7d88e
Hope this helps.

Chains of Adamant

Whoops

Post by Chains of Adamant » Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:23 pm

Whoops, sorry. I found a better link. It has a whole three chapters instead of two. :roll:

http://www.tmffa.com/fanfic.html?id=388

UserJesse

Post by UserJesse » Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:49 pm

I own this dvd, and I will tell you it dosen't have very good robotic content. Its yet another pointless anime of some dork boy who finds a cute girl/robot-girl, endless cliches of bloodynoses and embarassed boy and over-touchy girl.

Not worth purchasing, but possibly worth a free download.