Chatterbot project

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.

What feature of a female chatterbot would you like to see more?

Ability to learn and develop long term relations with the user
45%
Videos/pictures, generated voice and stuff like that
32%
Predefined scripts that chalanges you like an interactive story
No votes
Ease of extending her brain using a nice interface
23%

Total votes: 22

cod386
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

Chatterbot project

Post by cod386 » Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:29 am

I'm not sure this is the right place to put this topic. There is no dedicated place for personal projects...

I have several small projects about a chatterbot based on my own technical solutions that can be applied for an artificial female robot that lives in your computer or on a web site.

The problem with actual chatterbots is that they can't simulate a conversation with a human. BUT why to simulate a human? let's simulate a fembot. Limited inteligence, programming glitches, repetitive answers, monotone voice... all this can be features instead of bugs

What you think about that?

The bigest problem is not how to do it but WHAT to do? What features must have a program like this?

cod386

Post by cod386 » Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:02 am

cod386

Post by cod386 » Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:06 pm

Ok, i've prepared an early alpha version of a javascript-based chatterbot (see my avatar) but i have no idea where to upload it on this site!!
it's a 20k zip file...

Advice needed!!!

ehy
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation

Post by ehy » Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:08 pm

[quote="robotman"]Interesting ideas cod386. I know that the only times I've tried chatbots, I've tried to get them to discuss nothing more than their artificiality. Doing that with them always hits a brick wall. :?[/quote]

I haven't been able to get any of them to talk about anything with any sense. I can get about as far as "hello" before they get all confused.

cod386

Post by cod386 » Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:45 am

yes, i now. they can't just talk about anything as the programmer indended. They try make them more inteligent by adding more and more information to the bots database while inteligence in not information but the ability to use the information.

So, i want to try a combination of:
- narrow the area of knowledge to few limited subjects (like sex)
- making them so that they take the lead of conversation and only let the user to make some limited decisions (like when you call a phone company customer service and press keys to reach a certain menu)
- use an environment. if you see a picture and see her doing something then you can talk about what she's doing and she will understand.

Stephaniebot
Technosexuality: Transformation
Identification: Android

Post by Stephaniebot » Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:17 am

I've tried that too Robotman to equally no joy. Mind I also enquire about the process of becoming like them, but that just confuses them more!
Would love to be able to simulate a fembot, but that might require a 'little' neurosurgery lol, or preferably a lot!
I'm just a 'girl' who wants to become a fembot whats wrong with that?

cod386

Verison 0.0001 released

Post by cod386 » Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:23 pm

My bot is now running at:

http://www.geocities.com/cod386/

For now is just a scratch so don't expect miracles.
The most interesting part is that you can download it (save page from your browser) and change the code. One single html file plus pictures.